• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Gareth Bale

Re: Gareth Bale

How much is Bale worth for Spurs in terms of shirt sales, advertising, publicity?
How much would having a genuine, world famous, super star generate in revenue for Spurs over the remainder of his three year contract?

If anything, that's the sort of money we should add onto Bale's actual worth as a player, if we seriously consider letting him go to Real.

There was a story on the front of Spanish papers, I think, that Real Madrid were going to bid €93m and Coentrao. I assume that the story was from this morning as the papers were in the hotel lobby this morning. I was staying in Almeria.

if Real are saying its now or never to Bale and to Spurs, i can see a bit of panic in both the player and the club

Bale because its his dream to join Real, and for Spurs they will worry that Bale will leave one day and if Real dont want him in the future then Spurs may be forced to selling Bale to an english club and at a knockdown fee because it seems Bale doesnt want to sign a new contract with us

of course Real are most likely bluffing, but it somehow plants a seed of doubt in Bale's and Levy's minds

They are bluffing, you don't want a player at £80m then suddenly go cold on them a year later.

if that's the case which it isn't maybe they would get bored of him in a year and toss him aside like they do with many great players.

They are bluffing, you don't want a player at £80m then suddenly go cold on them a year later.

if that's the case which it isn't maybe they would get bored of him in a year and toss him aside like they do with many great players.

I agree, they wouldn't back away. On the assumption that Bale stays another year at Spurs, I think Real are more concerned that come next year if it is clear Bale can leave 'for the right price' then they will be faced with competition from other clubs... PSG, Monaco etc.

At the moment it is only RM pushing to try and get him. When (if ) they get to a price that Levy feels he cannot say no to, my guess is a written offer, with proven access to funds etc of more than €100M then that may be enough. Who's to say at that point that another party might not try and trump that bid?

I dreamt that Bale handed in a transfer request last night, he was signing it in my parents garage and I took a photo of the document and tried to put it on here. But sky sports beat me to it although I did mention that he was off on here first.

Woke up and checked my phone just incase to see if it was real.....

Adrian Durham has just penned a delightful article for the Mail about how a born winner like Bale won't be fooled by our pathetic attempts to dress up failure as success, and that Madrid obliterate anything we can ever hope to offer.

I will not link it, because I do not want to contribute a single penny to their ad revenue beyond the few pence I have already forked over in my weary curiosity, trying to gauge what the media think.

Just as a prediction, though.... when we inevitably sell Bale that **** will pen an article the day after tearing into us for showing no ambition, and in all probability will tip us to go down without 'Saint' 'Arry, who has a hilarious little bolded paragraph dedicated to his foresight and wisdom in nurturing Bale right below the rest of the twaddle that taco penned.

not even a thing, contrast this to modric where we had his agent being directly quoted in the press daily reading statements from modric himself

lots of knotted knickers around but no evidence why

I came in to ask something very similar.

As of right now are there any direct quotes, anything from a trusted journalistic source or "friend of the family" about Bale being unhappy/wanting to go or even just that he "wants to hear what Real have to say"? Anything anywhere that he is indeed unhappy with Levy about any aspect of...well....anything?

I remember with Modric i simply didn't believe the news he wanted to go, but it quickly became provably evident that he actually did via quoted interviews and his agent etc. Is there anything anywhere similar from anything/anyone surrounding Bale?

Another point i am curious about re: Bale missing from various BT advertising campaigns very recently, has that been confirmed or is it just a rumour?

Thanks.

Another point i am curious about re: Bale missing from various BT advertising campaigns very recently, has that been confirmed or is it just a rumour?

I'm not sure about TV and Street/Tube Poster ads, but on the BT Sport home page he's pretty prominent

I dreamt that Bale handed in a transfer request last night, he was signing it in my parents garage and I took a photo of the document and tried to put it on here. But sky sports beat me to it although I did mention that he was off on here first.

Woke up and checked my phone just incase to see if it was real.....

it was real, check your phone now

Adrian Durham has just penned a delightful article for the Mail about how a born winner like Bale won't be fooled by our pathetic attempts to dress up failure as success, and that Madrid obliterate anything we can ever hope to offer.

I will not link it, because I do not want to contribute a single penny to their ad revenue beyond the few pence I have already forked over in my weary curiosity, trying to gauge what the media think.

Just as a prediction, though.... when we inevitably sell Bale that **** will pen an article the day after tearing into us for showing no ambition, and in all probability will tip us to go down without 'Saint' 'Arry, who has a hilarious little bolded paragraph dedicated to his foresight and wisdom in nurturing Bale right below the rest of the twaddle that taco penned.

Ah f*** him.

I personally feel Bale is now gone. My preference regardless as to how much money he is worth is to keep him because he is literally a one in a million player who is helping make Tottenham Hotspur a force to be reckoned with and a global brand.

I hate all this 'they offer tons more and will win GHod knows how many trophies!" statements by so called pundits.

Number of major trophies won by the 'Super powers' since RM fired Del Bosque in 2003

Barcelona - 11
Bayern Munich - 11
Man Utd - 9
Inter Milan - 9
AC Milan - 4
Real Madrid - 4

Even Chelsea have 11 trophies in that time.

Now admittedly that is the past and I do not doubt that Real Madrid are a much bigger club than us but all I am saying is that there is no guarantee of success, which most people always talk about when a player is linked with RM. Ronaldo has only won 2 trophies whilst there and is now unhappy.

http://www.offthepost.info/blog/2013/07/gareth-bales-parents-spotted-heading-to-spurs-meeting/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+offthepost%2FTLAa+%28Off+The+Post%29

Tottenham star Gareth Bale’s parents have been seen visiting the club’s training ground for showdown talks with chairman Daniel Levy, according to reports in The Sun.

Bale and his representatives reportedly met Levy to reiterate his desire to leave White Hart Lane to join Real Madrid this summer.

But onlookers were surprised when the 24-year-old’s parents, Frank and Debbie, also arrived for the meeting.

The Sun quotes one witness as saying: “I couldn’t believe it when the Bales arrived at the training ground. GHod knows what they said to Mr Levy.”

The Welsh international has told Spurs that he wants to leave. Reports in Spain suggest a deal could be completed on August 6 or 7.

once the parents get involved you know its serious!!

I just wonder how much the tag of being the worlds most expensive footballer plays on someones ego. Obviously that tag doesn't tend to last long but it does go into the history books and obviously boosts the players economic potential outside of the game too.

If Bale was to go this summer it looks like he would become the most expensive footballer in the history of the game (for however long that will last) whereas that possibility seems less if he was to go next season (though his fee would still be astronomical).

Its almost this aspect that concerns me most. Bale clearly wants to turn the top two best footballers in the world into a top 3. Being able to say hes the most expensive player ever immediately elevates him past any other player with a claim, at least in the eyes of the general population.

In fairness it is a hell of an ego-boost.

Back