• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Gareth Bale

Re: Gareth Bale

Really on the fence as to whether I think it's better he stays or goes. I'm leaning towards the get rid now and slap down £30m each on Bernard, Soldado and Lamela.

Appreciate it's real life and not FM, but just think this has the potential to poison our campaign and it might be better to get rid and get some new talent in. We shall see.

I just can't understand what's changed in the last three months to turn Bale's head. I can only imagine Real have threatened him that it's this summer or never and he's getting desperate.

After we receive the 80m for Bale, Bernard and Lamela's value will suddenly increase 15m each.

A glory glory season culminating in winning the Premiership with Bale in our side would be fantastic.

Having a £100 million sitting in a bank account means fudge all to me and most Spurs fans.

Levy should think of the loyal Spurs Supporters and tell Madrid in no uncertain terms to stick their £100 million up their jacksie where the sun don't shine.

if speaking we got Lamela if it meant Bale was sold for £80m, I'd take it any day of the week.

What is this Di Maria like? (apparently he is part of the potential deal).
Starting to think we should get rid if we can get genuinely £90m worth of value for him. He IS a one season wonder so far....but what a season!
Cost £10m, sold for £90m? No brainer, accept and move on with a better team....no idea what is going to happen but thank goodness Levy has a reputation for playing hardball.

What is this Di Maria like? (apparently he is part of the potential deal).
Starting to think we should get rid if we can get genuinely £90m worth of value for him. He IS a one season wonder so far....but what a season!
Cost £10m, sold for £90m? No brainer, accept and move on with a better team....no idea what is going to happen but thank goodness Levy has a reputation for playing hardball.

If Di Maria is in the deal then up the cash element by 20m. They should pay us to take him.

No player is bigger than the club but you can't become a big club if you sell your best players. I would tell RM to get stuffed and to only come back when they can conduct themselves in the appropriate manner.

I wouldn't want either of the players mentioned. Its speaks volumes that Madrid have been trying to ship them out and not even Monaco have sniffed.

From where are people getting this fact that Madrid still owe £20million for Modric? That sounds absolutely outrageous given they are made of money and forced a move. Why on earth did they not pay the full fee?

I can't remember who posted it on here the other day and can't be bothered trawling back but they made a point which has kind of stuck with me.

Man Utd finished 17 points above us last season and they don't have Gareth Bale.

Such a simple point but one which needs to be taken into account. Bale was no doubt a saving grace for us last season on his own, but factor in the talent/s which can be brought in IF he was to leave and there is absolutely no reason to think we cannot do better than last season.

I don't want him to go. Not at all and I want us to add quality alongside Bale, but I will not be devastated about the future if it happens.

Wow, my 'build up to the new season' excitement has started! \o/

For the first time this season......COYS!

After we receive the 80m for Bale, Bernard and Lamela's value will suddenly increase 15m each.

This is one of the things which is so fudged. Even if Madrid were earnestly going to fork out 80-100 mill (which they won't, they're low-balling scumbags) that money would only actually be worth 50-60 by the time everyone else overprices their talent (Torres/Carroll again)...I think this, as well as his word, is why Levy won't buckle in the end.

Because they couldn't afford the whole fee, like most clubs they probably pay in installments. The only difference is that Real have the backing of the Spanish royal family, so can pretty much spend what they like.

This is one of the things which is so fudged. Even if Madrid were earnestly going to fork out 80-100 mill (which they won't, they're low-balling scumbags) that money would only actually be worth 50-60 by the time everyone else overprices their talent (Torres/Carroll again)...I think this, as well as his word, is why Levy won't buckle in the end.

Or he could go into a kind of pre-agreement with them to sell him on the last day and then bring in replacements in the knowledge we will recoup at the end of the window. :-k

Or he could go into a kind of pre-agreement with them to sell him on the last day and then bring in replacements in the knowledge we will recoup at the end of the window. :-k

We have an aset worth 80m at least, other clubs know this and also know and aware of the speculation he wants to leave. Whether he leaves or not - clubs wont be deterred by requesting over inflated fees.

My take on things.

What we should do if Levy is selling Bale is:
- sign Bale to an extension
- buy the players we want to replace Bale at normal non-inflated prices (unless English of course)
- sell Bale for $120,000,000

Because they couldn't afford the whole fee, like most clubs they probably pay in installments. The only difference is that Real have the backing of the Spanish royal family, so can pretty much spend what they like.

Madrid cannot afford to pay Spurs €40 million cash for Bale never mind €100 million. With current debt levels of €590 million on net current liabilities of €141 million they are an over borrowed financially dodgy entity and therefore represent a very BIG credit risk and it wouldn’t surprise me if they were eventually bankrupted at some stage. It would be very interesting to see how they value their assets in their balance sheet. They still owe Spurs €20 million from the Luca deal last year and no way can we extend any further credit to them. Why should Spurs sell their prized asset to a potentially insolvent entity who may never pay up? And Levy should not even consider any of the overpaid dross languishing in the mediocre Madrid squad.

Attachments

• 7+Debt+Net+Assets.jpg
    7+Debt+Net+Assets.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:
Back