• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Gareth Bale

Re: Gareth Bale

if Real are saying its now or never to Bale and to Spurs, i can see a bit of panic in both the player and the club

Bale because its his dream to join Real, and for Spurs they will worry that Bale will leave one day and if Real dont want him in the future then Spurs may be forced to selling Bale to an english club and at a knockdown fee because it seems Bale doesnt want to sign a new contract with us

of course Real are most likely bluffing, but it somehow plants a seed of doubt in Bale's and Levy's minds

Gareth Bale is "too young" to move abroad and would be making a mistake by leaving Tottenham for Real Madrid this summer, according to David Pleat.
Bale, 24, has indicated he wants to speak to the Spanish giants.

“I think it might be better if he stayed, continued to work and maybe next summer leave if that is his wish.” David Pleat Former Tottenham manager

But former Tottenham manager Pleat feels it would take a fee of £100m to even tempt them to sell Bale, and told BBC Sport: "I think he's a little bit young to go abroad.
"I doubt he'd find it easy. Many have failed when they have moved overseas."
Pleat added: "One or two have succeeded, but not many. Most have had a difficult time.
"I think he is young to go, but he might feel that with his partner and baby, it will be a new start for him.
"But I think it might be better if he stayed, continued to work and maybe next summer leave if that is his wish."
Former England striker Michael Owen spent one year at Real Madrid after joining them from Liverpool in 2004, before returning to England with Saudi Sportswashing Machine.
The 33-year-old believes moving overseas is difficult for a player, telling BBC Radio 5 live's Sportsweek on Sunday: "Any player going from over here to Spain, it's a lot different to what you imagine. It's a slow pace of life. You're trying to move into a house and you're in a hotel for five months.
"When I was over there, we tried to do [everything] as fast as we could but I was in a hotel for six months with a young child. It's very difficult; you need to get a lot of things in order off the pitch. I'd be surprised if he went this year."
Bale joined Tottenham from Southampton in May 2007 and signed a new four-year contract in June 2012 .
He went on to enjoy his most successful season for the club in 2012-13, scoring 26 goals.
Spurs manager Andre Villas-Boas has stated this summer the Wales international is not for sale and says talks about a new deal are ongoing.

Real Madrid are yet to submit a formal offer for Bale, but Pleat - who managed Tottenham from 1986 until 1987 and had three spells as caretaker-boss - expects his former club to resist an approach from Carlo Ancelotti's side.
"Regardless of whether the player wants to leave, the club are in the driving seat," he said.
"If [a club] have strong and brave leadership, which they have at Tottenham, they have to resist any formal offer that comes in, which Tottenham are determined to do."
Pleat was also director of football at Spurs from 1998 until 2003 under current chairman Daniel Levy and is aware of how the 51-year-old businessman operates.
He believes it would take a huge offer to tempt Levy to part with Bale.
"Tottenham have been very firm," he said.
"If something shattering, like £100m, is put on the table then I think even the resistance of Daniel Levy may have to give in, but I think even supporters would understand it for that money."

i think i'm handling this much better than quite a few people because there is nothing that has happened so far that i wasnt fully expecting.

the bit that has me completely surprised is our willingness to purchase a 28 year old footballer for a club record transfer fee

I wouldn't be very understanding. You get £60m to £80m for a decent run in the champions league these days. I don't know how much money it would take for me to think selling him was a good idea. Hope Pleat is not speaking on behalf of the club here.

I wouldn't be very understanding. You get £60m to £80m for a decent run in the champions league these days. I don't know how much money it would take for me to think selling him was a good idea. Hope Pleat is not speaking on behalf of the club here.

wow, CL is lucrative then. i had no idea thats the rough estimate of teams that have a decent year in it

you know what, thinking about this. madrid could cough up this 100 mill no problem

shirt sales, gate recipts, CL and goverment money

100 million means nothing to them

Bale is gone, that seems clear. Its just a case of how much. Its sad, of course, but we have to live with it and move on. It needs to be done now so we can sign new players in the next few weeks. The longer it goes on the less time we have and we still lose Bale either way.

On a personal note I think its a massive mistake for him to go at this time. He will regret it.

Bale is gone, that seems clear. Its just a case of how much. Its sad, of course, but we have to live with it and move on. It needs to be done now so we can sign new players in the next few weeks. The longer it goes on the less time we have and we still lose Bale either way.

On a personal note I think its a massive mistake for him to go at this time. He will regret it.

Based on what ???

Oh right Marca's continuous made up brick everyday

Here's yet another media macaron desperate to see him go.

This line wound me up so much:

'He is the PFA Young Player of the Year, the Players’ Player, the FWA Footballer of the Year and is always capable of showing his match-winning qualities.
For that reason, he is made for Real Madrid.'

Link

if Real are saying its now or never to Bale and to Spurs, i can see a bit of panic in both the player and the club

Bale because its his dream to join Real, and for Spurs they will worry that Bale will leave one day and if Real dont want him in the future then Spurs may be forced to selling Bale to an english club and at a knockdown fee because it seems Bale doesnt want to sign a new contract with us

of course Real are most likely bluffing, but it somehow plants a seed of doubt in Bale's and Levy's minds

We all know this is not true, if Bale goes on to have another stunning seasong, they wouldn't be interested next year? Yeah right... Even if his season is 'mediocre' they wouldn't be interested? FFS, they bought Huntelaar once, I'm not worried about us not ending with a nice chunk of cash next summer is he's still set on leaving then.

I find it peculiar that so many now seemingly believe Bale has packed his bags and is ready to go. Did I miss something? Has there been a portrait interview with him saying he wants to leave?

Bale is gone?

Real Madrid haven't even made a bid yet and Bale is gone?

I don't see it.

I find it peculiar that so many now seemingly believe Bale has packed his bags and is ready to go. Did I miss something? Has there been a portrait interview with him saying he wants to leave?

not even a thing, contrast this to modric where we had his agent being directly quoted in the press daily reading statements from modric himself

lots of knotted knickers around but no evidence why

agreed, everybody is starting to sound exactly how the press and Madrid want them to sound, as annoying and infuriating as the stories are, until I it comes from bale or his agent then we need to try and ignore it.... am I only the only one hanging on to the hope that the silence surrounding the whole thing is just giving him time to put pen to paper on a new contract with us 8-[

Until something actually comes out from Levy or Bale saying he is off, I refuse to believe the continuous stream of lies peddled from a foreign football teams puppet publication

agreed, everybody is starting to sound exactly how the press and Madrid want them to sound, as annoying and infuriating as the stories are, until I it comes from bale or his agent then we need to try and ignore it.... am I only the only one hanging on to the hope that the silence surrounding the whole thing is just giving him time to put pen to paper on a new contract with us 8-[

i've always held the view that if levy didnt want to sell bale at all for any price , then he would come out and say it. Right now levy hasnt. thats why even though he would most likely keep bale that i think if a big sum comes up then bale would be on the table for discussion

and this whole thing of the fans saying that bale wouldnt try to engineer a move, i feel is a very naive. even though there is no evidence to support that he has done something like that. i have to say that it wouldnt surprise me if he did or already has

i've always held the view that if levy didnt want to sell bale at all for any price , then he would come out and say it. Right now levy hasnt. thats why even though he would most likely keep bale that i think if a big sum comes up then bale would be on the table for discussion

and this whole thing of the fans saying that bale wouldnt try to engineer a move, i feel is a very naive. even though there is no evidence to support that he has done something like that. i have to say that it wouldnt surprise me if he did or already has

This is a game of poker, why show your hand?

Because it's blatantly not true. There is always a value that someone would sell at. If Real offered enough for us to buy our new stadium we would be fools to say no.

That said, i don't think he will be sold this season. Real won't offer enough. I'm starting to believe that this is less about getting Bale now, and more about trying to make sure that nobody else gets him this season so he will still be available for them next.

I'd neither want nor expect any chairman to refuse any price. What if that price was £200M? Or £1B? In order for him to come out and say that there is no price we would accept then he has to be willing to refuse any offer - that would just be stupid.

Let Madrid keep upping their silly bids. When they come back for him next season we'll use the biggest as a starting point in the negotiations.

I am hoping that the latest Marca headline may be the beginning of an exit strategy as they realise they won't be getting Bale this year. The last headline was 'Transfer within hours' and now we have a personal attack on Levy and public announcement of the 'extortionate' fee demanded.

If it is true that he has engineered this move I will be so disappointed, not only in losing a great player, but also because he was the last person I thought would behave in this manner. It was thrilling to watch him play, there was a degree of feeling proud he played for our team and that he really enjoyed playing for us. Supporting other players will now just seem, well...hollow.

Back