• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Gareth Bale

Re: Gareth Bale

Watched it about 15 times now, not denying there is contact but not enough to impede him or bring him down, he dived to try and win a penalty.

Greg. Take your big yellow shoes and red nose off mate.

(we love ya here but that is just a load of yarboles!)

I've just seen a post match interview where Bale admits he dived! He is genuinely of the opinion that any contact gives him the right to thrown himself to the floor and is a penalty. That is his major problem and something your coaching staff and management team needs to sort out.

Just seen a post match interview with him where he admits he dived! :ross:

Small club...

I thought I was harsh calling you all a small club full of twunts - but I was wrong - you all are twunts.

Watched it about 15 times now, not denying there is contact but not enough to impede him or bring him down, he dived to try and win a penalty.

You don't have to be brought down by the contact for it to be a foul. If that was the case 90% of the free kicks given for shirt pulling should actually be given as yellow cards for the person being fouled.

He was rather clearly impeded by the foul, at the pace he's running, trying to stay balanced to get past the player and get a shot off a touch like that will impede the player.

I've just seen a post match interview where Bale admits he dived! He is genuinely of the opinion that any contact gives him the right to thrown himself to the floor and is a penalty. That is his major problem and something your coaching staff and management team needs to sort out.

You're just on a wind-up mission then?

You sure about that Greg?

"That's the third time now I've been clipped and booked for no reason again. There's nothing I can do, the referees need to look a bit closer. People think I'm diving when there's contact. If there's contact it's a penalty or free kick, there's nothing I can do. If there's contact, what do you want me to do - hit my head on the floor? I have to put my hands down to protect myself. If people kick me, I'm going to go down. It doesn't bother me, people keep saying I'm diving but it doesn't bother me whatsoever. It's a foul and I know it myself."

I've only seen the Gif which looks like a foul but shall take a look later to make a proper decision. Apparently Hansen and twunty lawro reckon it was a penalty.

If someone knocks your knee while your running, it is going to impede you. Bale could have stayed on his feet, but so what. All players go down when impeded.

What he says is that there was contact, so not a dive! you get a card for a dive, not if you are exaggerating the situation. If any player that goes down a little too easily get a yellow card, it will be 53 cards each game.

Gareth Bale 'If there's contact it's a penalty or free kick'

That's the big problem.

article-2226984-000AFA9200000258-510_468x622.jpg

This big?

No Greg, THIS is what he said;

""It's the same thing every time. I've been booked for no reason again," Bale protested to Sky Sports..."There's nothing I can do. The referees just have to look a bit closer I think," he said.
"If I am getting contact, it's a free kick or a penalty. If people are kicking me I'm not going to stop going over because it is a foul."

You're wrong. An apology will be accepted.

problem is that he left the right leg trailing after he was clipped - that makes it looked like he engineered contact.

if he'd have kept his normal stride pattern but gone down more naturally then he might have stood a better chance.

his rep is going before him, but there was enough contact at that speed to take him down. harsh yellow.

Back