• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Gareth Bale

Re: Gareth Bale

problem is that he left the right leg trailing after he was clipped - that makes it looked like he engineered contact.

if he'd have kept his normal stride pattern but gone down more naturally then he might have stood a better chance.

his rep is going before him, but there was enough contact at that speed to take him down. harsh yellow.

:yawn:

That's right. He really should work harder on how he falls...doesn't anyone recognize the irony of saying stuff like this? THAT would make him a cheat!!!!

problem is that he left the right leg trailing after he was clipped - that makes it looked like he engineered contact.

if he'd have kept his normal stride pattern but gone down more naturally then he might have stood a better chance.

his rep is going before him, but there was enough contact at that speed to take him down. harsh yellow.

Im sorry I do not fudgein get this whole left his leg trailing gonads.

The guy aint a fudging dog where his legs move forwards at the same time. When you run you will ALWAYS have one leg trailing the other.

What the fudge.

:yawn:

That's right. He really should work harder on how he falls...doesn't anyone recognize the irony of saying stuff like this? THAT would make him a cheat!!!!

I find that hilarious too. So we are advocating that he should learn how to fall i.e. simulation i.e. the very fudging thing people accuse him of? haha.

The guy aint a fudging dog where his legs move forwards at the same time. When you run you will ALWAYS have one leg trailing the other.

What the fudge.

Seriously, if he tried to do what some people want him to do

a) he wouldn't be as fast and
b) he'd look like John Cleese.

Seriously, if he tried to do what some people want him to do

a) he wouldn't be as fast and
b) he'd look like John Cleese.

haha yeah exactly.

It was solid solid contact. Why the fudge would bale dive - the guy was all ends up beaten. Bale would have been clear on goal. Instead of debating this 'dive; we should be applauding the skills that he showed to deceive the guy as I thought Bale was gonna shoot.

Anyways we are third let all the small time ****s of other small time clubs moan and bitch.

And again we enter Monty Python land, where 6ft 2" men going at full-tilt are now expected to train how to fall to avoid looking too theatrical as their knees are nudged and arms go across them...fair play though mate, you will find friends in here who agree. Let's get John Cleese onto the training pitch.

A question. Is it remotely possible that )once again) a ref just fudged up?

The ref did make a mistake but it was not a blatant foul and a slow motion replay was required to prove that Gardner had clipped Bale's knee.

In situations like this where it is not clear-cut a referee is going to take into consideration the players reputation (Bale is perceived as a diver ever since he was ridiculed on TV for "anticipating" a challenge by the Villa keeper back in October) and how he goes to ground (Bale always looks like he has been assassinated whilst Lennon who runs just as fast doesn't, perhaps it is because of his gangly limbs making him look like he is making a meal of it like you say).

Sadly it is going to be almost impossible for Gareth to shake off this reputation for being a diver and there's nothing he can do about his gangly limbs which means that referees are invariably going to assume that he is going to ground too easily.

On the flipside Defoe got away with a clear dive in the first half, probably largely due to the fact that he is not perceived as being a "diver" so the referee gave him the benefit of the doubt.

The ref did make a mistake but it was not a blatant foul and a slow motion replay was required to prove that Gardner had clipped Bale's knee.

In situations like this where it is not clear-cut a referee is going to take into consideration the players reputation (Bale is perceived as a diver ever since he was ridiculed on TV for "anticipating" a challenge by the Villa keeper back in October) and how he goes to ground (Bale always looks like he has been assassinated whilst Lennon who runs just as fast doesn't, perhaps it is because of his gangly limbs making him look like he is making a meal of it like you say).

Sadly it is going to be almost impossible for Gareth to shake off this reputation for being a diver and there's nothing he can do about his gangly limbs which means that referees are invariably going to assume that he is going to ground too easily.

On the flipside Defoe got away with a clear dive in the first half, probably largely due to the fact that he is not perceived as being a "diver" so the referee gave him the benefit of the doubt.

I sadly agree with your point in bold mate...I hope refs are bigger and braver than that, there again, Atkinson is no Mike Dean (who i think is one of the best refs around)...

I had initially been judging it based on his arm coming across his body, in which case even considering the speed Bale was running at made it unacceptable to go down. The fact is, Bale isn't just fast, he's also very well built. A little nick won't send him to the ground naturally.

Now that I've seen the contact on his knee too I think I might change my mind.

I had initially been judging it based on his arm coming across his body, in which case even considering the speed Bale was running at made it unacceptable to go down. The fact is, Bale isn't just fast, he's also very well built. A little nick won't send him to the ground naturally.

Now that I've seen the contact on his knee too I think I might change my mind.

The ref had an angle to see that contact. And if there is contact in the box it cannot be a 'dive'...whichever way, the ref has got it wrong. But Bale has a reputation, so we'd better get used to it. And if he does get a pen this season, the furor will be almost unbearable. As if it isn't already :(

Of course his reputation is costing him and us. I'm not saying it's right, but the same thing happened to Ronaldo. Even though he should have got a penalty today, he is without question one of the biggest culprits when it comes to diving along with Suarez, Ashley Young, Welbeck, Gerrard and so on. But it is frustrating that those players seem to get penalties frequently, whereas I can't remember the last time Bale won a penalty. Arsenal also won two penalties in recent weeks that were stonewall dives.

Of course his reputation is costing him and us. I'm not saying it's right, but the same thing happened to Ronaldo. Even though he should have got a penalty today, he is without question one of the biggest culprits when it comes to diving along with Suarez, Ashley Young, Welbeck, Gerrard and so on. But it is frustrating that those players seem to get penalties frequently, whereas I can't remember the last time Bale won a penalty. Arsenal also won two penalties in recent weeks that were stonewall dives.

Like I said before, the big difference is that Bale, AVB and Tottenham in general are such a soft touch for the officials compared to the ravaging, frenzied wolfpacks of United, City, Chelsea and Liverpool who devour the ref over every unfavourable decision.

But referees need to be careful here. The underlying message is that the only way to make them think twice about falsely penalising 'dives' is to turn on them and make it difficult for them. It's as though until we do, they'll merrily continue to take full advantage and screw us over for the decisions they're terrified of making against the nasty boys.

What the fudge.

Nah, hedived theatrically and deserved the yellow for poor acting

From Marca.com:

"His position is clear. At the end of this season, his agent, Jonathan Barnett, will raise the output of Gareth Bale. The player wants to leave for good because he is thankful to Tottenham. The Spurs signed him in 2007, when he was 17, and played for Southampton, the English second division. It's a boy grateful and very well mannered. Adora Tottenham, but also believes that it is time to make the leap to another larger team."

They have three stories on him on the front of their web page. I think it's sadly inevitable he'll leave at the end of the season, just got to hope we make it into the CL and bankrupt Real Madrid in the process.

Back