• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Gareth Bale

Re: Gareth Bale

Referees need to be sternly talked to

I am sure it is unlwaful to referee a match with preconceived notions of particular players. The **** today gave the decision without any real thought and just gave the card instinctively because no doubt he has seen videos of alleged dives That in my views is wrong Its aking to me going to review a particular area at work with the preconceived notion it is brick and coming out with a brick opinion even though its actually great.

All refs should be bent over and a jumbo shoved up their arses WITHOUT LUBE

Correction, Bale was definitely clipped but it was the way he went down that made it look like a dive

The ref did make a mistake but it was not a blatant foul and a slow motion replay was required to prove that Gardner had clipped Bale's knee.

In situations like this where it is not clear-cut a referee is going to take into consideration the players reputation (Bale is perceived as a diver ever since he was ridiculed on TV for "anticipating" a challenge by the Villa keeper back in October) and how he goes to ground (Bale always looks like he has been assassinated whilst Lennon who runs just as fast doesn't, perhaps it is because of his gangly limbs making him look like he is making a meal of it like you say).

Sadly it is going to be almost impossible for Gareth to shake off this reputation for being a diver and there's nothing he can do about his gangly limbs which means that referees are invariably going to assume that he is going to ground too easily.

On the flipside Defoe got away with a clear dive in the first half, probably largely due to the fact that he is not perceived as being a "diver" so the referee gave him the benefit of the doubt.

i disagree - i think it was very clear cut.
i called it as soon as it happened, as im sure did most others. common sense dictated it was a penalty, the way he fell, the timing of when he went over (ie, after he had been clipped - not "in anticipation of being hit"), the movement of the Sunderland players body.

im not one to berate ref's usually - but it was an awful decision

im glad both Bale and AVB have come out and spoken up about it - hopefully it will get the media in a frenzy (news story that can run and run etc. bs bs bs) and refocus ref's decision making

a few seasons ago it seemed diving had become "just part of the game", but since the English fans reminded the FA we hate that cheating brick, instead of try and irradicate diving, they have set on a witch hunt to "punish" anyone that falls over on a football pitch........its pathetic.

WHY THE fudge WOULD BALE DIVE WHEN HE IS CLEAR IN THE BOX

I am so fudgein incensed by it

Unbelievable. Bale mouthed to the ref: 'its you again, everytime'

The ref clearly mouthed back: 'shut up'

fudging prick

Sadly I think it's likely that he will leave in the summer. I do, however, believe we will replace him and be fighting for top 4 again next season.

Look at how many players we has to replace, and change in manager, and yet we are right up there again this season.

The ref should have an obligation to protect the attacking players that's who we pay to see.

Hopefully our new "partnership" with Real Madrid starts paying dividends and isn't a one way street of our best players to Spain.

Its why we need to get into the Chumps League. If we do, we'll keep Bale. If we don't we may keep him, but it will be tougher.

From Marca.com:

"His position is clear. At the end of this season, his agent, Jonathan Barnett, will raise the output of Gareth Bale. The player wants to leave for good because he is thankful to Tottenham. The Spurs signed him in 2007, when he was 17, and played for Southampton, the English second division. It's a boy grateful and very well mannered. Adora Tottenham, but also believes that it is time to make the leap to another larger team."

They have three stories on him on the front of their web page. I think it's sadly inevitable he'll leave at the end of the season, just got to hope we make it into the CL and bankrupt Real Madrid in the process.

I still don't see it.

We are only selling Bale for monster bucks, £30m+, and there are only a handful of clubs that have that amount.

But Bale isn't consistent enough for them to justify that sort of fee. Real cant shell out that sort of cash then accept him having an anonymous game against Getafe in the league etc.

The lad is still young, still developing. Maybe in another year or so he will have added more and more to his all round game as Ronaldo did, until then I think he is genuinely happy at Spurs.

I still don't see it.

We are only selling Bale for monster bucks, £30m+, and there are only a handful of clubs that have that amount.

But Bale isn't consistent enough for them to justify that sort of fee. Real cant shell out that sort of cash then accept him having an anonymous game against Getafe in the league etc.

The lad is still young, still developing. Maybe in another year or so he will have added more and more to his all round game as Ronaldo did, until then I think he is genuinely happy at Spurs.

I think it would take a Ronaldo like fee. Are there any other players like him around?

I think if we're in the CL, Bale would probably like to play in it again with this team. He's also aware that he is still developing. I wouldn't take much notice of Marca. Who knows what state Madrid will be in in the summer.

I still don't see it.

30m?

More like 50m

This is how I see it panning out.

Ronaldo out to like Manure 80-100m? Maybe less like 50m

Bale in for 40-50m

Back