• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Gareth Bale

Re: Gareth Bale

Sorry but this is a contact sport. I know he's running quickly but he could have stayed on his feet if he'd wanted to here. Bale already has a reputation and can't afford to go down after soft challenges any more. If he'd stayed on his feet we'd actually have had a good chance of scoring so this is disappointing all around.

What I want to know is if that wasn't a foul then what exactly was Gardner doing flinging his arm across Bale?

Sorry but this is a contact sport. I know he's running quickly but he could have stayed on his feet if he'd wanted to here. Bale already has a reputation and can't afford to go down after soft challenges any more. If he'd stayed on his feet we'd actually have had a good chance of scoring so this is disappointing all around.

It was a FOUL

Please read up on the concept before posting again

It's non contact until the ball is won. You can't smash your leg into another players' before the ball AND you cannot use your hands and arms full stop

Full sprint, defender's knee goes into the side of the knee of Bale's standing leg clearly shifting it to the side.
Not easy to keep going after a hit like that even if it doesn't look like much of a hit.

I didn't say it wasn't.

I said that it was very soft and that there was no need for Bale to go down, especially as he knows he's got a reputation.

He got fouled, he went down, ref got it wrong.

It wasn't very soft, it wasn't even really soft, it was a clear cut foul and penalty. To not go down when fouled in the box when one goal up away from home towards the end of the game would be fudging ridiculous.

I didn't say it wasn't.

I said that it was very soft and that there was no need for Bale to go down, especially as he knows he's got a reputation.

Would you say you can run as fast as Bale with the ball? And past players at such speed? Players with speed prowess like Bale, especially those who invite opposition players to come at them in close quarters before dropping the shoulder/skipping past etc will go down with minimal contact. It's science.

You haven't seen this then? http://www.mobypicture.com/user/leephelps/view/14512962

Last edited:

I didn't say it wasn't.

Watch the clip again

His ENTIRE body shifts to the left

He is probably running faster than you can cycle

How can he not go down?

He got fouled, he went down, ref got it wrong.

It wasn't very soft, it wasn't even really soft, it was a clear cut foul and penalty. To not go down when fouled in the box when one goal up away from home towards the end of the game would be fudging ridiculous.

Look who the ref is Atkinson, its not like he has fudged us over many times before is it !!!!!

Back