• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Gareth Bale

Re: Gareth Bale

I'm one of those that thinks Bale has dived in the past.
That was never a dive today.
Bale's reputation got him the yellow card.

Referees need to be punished for decisions based on their views of past incidents and judge them on their merits in that particular incident.

Its like assuming that someone burgled a house just because they had a history of burglaries.

The ref was good upto that point then became a ****

You´re right, he did not get a card against Ville. But the opta stats claims Bale got 5 yellow for diving.

Bale has been unfortunate but he does need to cut down on the theatrics when he goes to ground as it does him no favours even when he has been fouled.

He should take a look at how Walcott won a penalty against West Brom last week after going down under a similar amount of contact, or how Lennon went down today after being clattered by Cuellar which resulted in the defender being booked whilst if that had been on Bale the opposite might have occurred!

Ok, both his other yellows came against Norwich, one in the league for dissent and one in the league cup for a foul (if I remember correctly was soft)

To get some balance in the discussion you could say it was team karma after Defoe dived earlier

I think the ref woudl have been smart to just let play continue. Contact was there but not massive. Bale is entitled to go down. Should have just played on. There was contact so no Yellow. Contact was not enough for a pen - that is debatable.

Bale has been unfortunate but he does need to cut down on the theatrics when he goes to ground as it does him no favours even when he has been fouled.

He should take a look at how Walcott won a penalty against West Brom last week after going down under a similar amount of contact, or how Lennon went down today after being clattered by Cuellar which resulted in the defender being booked whilst if that had been on Bale the opposite might have occurred!

Very much agree with this.

I think the ref woudl have been smart to just let play continue. Contact was there but not massive. Bale is entitled to go down. Should have just played on. There was contact so no Yellow. Contact was not enough for a pen - that is debatable.

I don't think that the rules say anything about contact or an entitlement to go down if there is contact but I accept that this is the way that players try to justify simulation.

I don't think that the rules say anything about contact or an entitlement to go down if there is contact but I accept that this is the way that players try to justify simulation.

There isn't anything in the rules about contact being a foul. And players do not have a right to go down at the slightest contact. But I do think he was fouled today.

And again we enter Monty Python land, where 6ft 2" men going at full-tilt are now expected to train how to fall to avoid looking too theatrical as their knees are nudged and arms go across them...fair play though mate, you will find friends in here who agree. Let's get John Cleese onto the training pitch.

A question. Is it remotely possible that )once again) a ref just fudged up?

Haha

Some of the comments on here beggars belief. It wasn't even theatrical fudgein hell.

This is gonna work in our favor because refs are gonna be aware that that was a penalty.

I think AVB should have been more stern and say something harsher. Next time this happens I imagine AVB is gonna blow a fudgein fuse. I would.

Given what he couldn't see I absolutely agree. There was contact, his knee got nudged and the arm across, enough for a pen to me, I don't think the player would've gone down willingly there given the amount of goals he's scored this season, and if that taco Atkinson couldn't see it, he should've let it go. Instead, being Atkinson, he decided to go glory-boy. BTW, where was eagle-eyes for Sessegnon's stud's up challenge on Naughton?

Looked like a dive at first but the angle which shows contact between the knees suggests to me it was a foul

Haha

Some of the comments on here beggars belief. It wasn't even theatrical fudgein hell.

This is gonna work in our favor because refs are gonna be aware that that was a penalty.

I think AVB should have been more stern and say something harsher. Next time this happens I imagine AVB is gonna blow a fudgein fuse. I would.

Agreed.
Pathetic.
As usual.
The ONLY benefit is that we have an opportunity to give him 2 games rest now as we should be able to dispatch Coventry and Reading without him...

Watched it about 15 times now, not denying there is contact but not enough to impede him or bring him down, he dived to try and win a penalty.

There isn't anything in the rules about contact being a foul. And players do not have a right to go down at the slightest contact. But I do think he was fouled today.

Fact is, smaller players do this all the time. They could stay on their feet, but they have been impeded. But with Bale, as he's so strong, it looks less natural. You want consistency. If refs gave pens or free kicks, but also gave yellows for when players exaggerate the foul, then it might stop, but otherwise everyone does it and will continue to.

Back