• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

ENIC

Isn’t Levy a football fan? Isn’t he actually a Spurs fan? Why should he stop watching if he is a football fan?

This fan base are coming up with more and more pathetic brick by the day.

Actually no he's not a football fan nor a spurs fan ... his university mates addressed this saying he couldn't care less about football. He also brought rangers on the back of saying football is a money spinner.

Actually no he's not a football fan nor a spurs fan ... his university mates addressed this saying he couldn't care less about football. He also brought rangers on the back of saying football is a money spinner.
Can you link me to where this was all said?

I’m always a little uneasy when one has to resort to the Glaziers to find a comparison of a worse CEO than ours.

they are way up the charts imo, what they are doing is open and honest, I'd much rather that than the sports washing we've seen at Chelsea and Saudi Sportswashing Machine

that was 25 years ago, he's been to pretty much every game since he took over, pretty sure he's a fan now

not that it matters, the more removed he is from emotion the better he will be at making the important financial decisions

He will step back because it then exonerates him from blame. He can concentrate on the commercial and development and then hand over the funds to Munn and the new DOF. Can only be a good thing for all involved TBH.

Totally agree. He will step back, and already has to some extent. But stepping back is not 'removing himself from the football side of the club'.

Maybe not sack managers every 2yrs.

If you gonna go for managers that win and know their DNA maybe buy who they want and not ones for the future. Those managers won at other clubs cos 8 of 10 times they wanted said player and got them

Pick a path and stick to it.

Stop keeping players who will now see a 5th manager in charge.

Again I'm not gonna ignore the progress Levy have made (even if at times it seems to be by accident or on purpose eg. Jol, Poch, Harry.)

But I will ask, is it not possible that Levy and co now may have reached a point that they are unable to take next step. Just like Sugar couldn't have done what Levy done?

Well I guess we will see won't we, cos I don't see anybody new coming in to buy. So we could well have another 10yrs of this or finally doped up clubs implode because the financial rules kick in and all the good players come to us

So, as you are the only one who actually tried to answer. First caveat, I've said repeatedly we need to change owners because we need to be cheaters to beat the cheaters (the self sustaining model has topped out)

1. No proof keeping managers is any better than changing, Chelsea & Madrid say hi
2. Conte got players, Richi, Perisic, Bissouma, Porro all are players we would only have bought for him
3. Role of DoF, agree we swing too much from one approach to the other (see point one as counter)
4. Ignoring the market, we have 11 players on loan because no club in Europe has money and in a fit 11 we really only have three long term players anyone would sell (Hugo, Dier & Davies). Romero, Royal, Porro, Perisic, Bissouma, PEH, Sarr, Richi, Deki, Bentancur, Lenglet, Danjuma plus Gil, Udogie, Spence is 15 players that have been added in last 3 years? what more is expected?

The truth is winning = spending money, lots of money and even if you do, things need to go right (see Chelsea this season).

Pretty sure it's so Been on this forum with quotes not too long ago.

I think its in his book or a book on him or something. Dubaispur will know :)

He can attend games but why not stay in the back and look through the glass. Also why does he keep brining family members. This is not a day out at the zoo.

This is a serious operation or at least it is supposed to be.

He can attend games but why not stay in the back and look through the glass. Also why does he keep brining family members. This is not a day out at the zoo.

You really do go to extremes to find something to moan at Levy about. So fudging what if he brings family members to games. Are they not allowed to enjoy a game of football?

yeah, if he’s running the whole thing and financial performance remains strong

Also, as has been said before, he’s the highest reported salaried, far from the highest paid, there is all manner of shenanigans going on elsewhere
I find it amusing that you think only or rivals are doing some sort of underhand payments and that ENIC wouldn't also do so.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

You really do go to extremes to find something to moan at Levy about. So fudging what if he brings family members to games. Are they not allowed to enjoy a game of football?

Won't enjoy watching us play for the last few years...

There have been reports that levy attended games in the 60's. He might not have continued watching us, but there could be a link to us if true.

I find it amusing that you think only or rivals are doing some sort of underhand payments and that ENIC wouldn't also do so.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

it’s not underhand. It’s different streams which are not taken into account as they have other employment

also, some of our rivals are criminal enterprises

in the grand of scheme if things, Levy is low paid in the world of football, and is more than worth his salary

Eb80wIzUYAAi6jr.jpeg

The bit below the red is what matters - 'The excitement was purely the gamble to earn millions.'There is no passion here,' said Levy, admitting that neither Lewis nor himself was particularly keen on football. 'This is purely financial'.'

From 'Broken Dreams - Vanity, Greed and the Souring of British Football', a 2003 book by award-winning BBC journo Tom Bower.

Given this, it always amuses me when people bring up the 'Levy is a Spurs fan' stuff - it's highly doubtful that was ever real.

Big picture, I think the current panic is OTT, I think we are in a blip rather than on the cusp of some great crisis.

There are still 90 odd pro teams below us in the rankings.

I’m not worried, I think we’ll be back in the CL hunt next season.

View attachment 15415

The bit below the red is what matters - 'The excitement was purely the gamble to earn millions.'There is no passion here,' said Levy, admitting that neither Lewis nor himself was particularly keen on football. 'This is purely financial'.'

From 'Broken Dreams - Vanity, Greed and the Souring of British Football', a 2003 book by award-winning BBC journo Tom Bower.

Given this, it always amuses me when people bring up the 'Levy is a Spurs fan' stuff - it's highly doubtful that was ever real.

That quote is in reference to ENIC buying Rangers

That quote is in reference to ENIC buying Rangers

So that thought cannot be carried forward to tottenham?

Let's get it right he watched spurs with his uncle a few times as a kid and that was it. He went into the game to profit massively and he will get that ... to build the stadium the infrastructure are all assets that build the profile and value of the club ... this is why we get just enough investment in multiple players to stay relavent ... we don't need to win under their model just to get lucky once in a while.

Back