• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

ENIC

Getting Conte was the best thing Levy has done in years. I still think on balance he’s got more calls wrong than right over the last 5 years or so.
Getting Conte when he got him was a good call. Going for Conte to begin with (in the summer of 2021) was not, however. After the Mourinho experiment it was clear that what we needed was a project manager in the mould of Poch and not a checkbook manager like Conte.

I'd say (and I'm not a protestor even if I understand the desire to change ownership)

- There is no coherent view to what protestors want other than "get out of my club"
- A look around the league shows ownership choices can be fraught with danger and unpleasant characteristics
- People are obviously frustrated with lack of final trophies but lets be clear, Spurs are not in "crisis", Everton are in crisis, Leicester are in crisis, Chelsea is in crisis (mitigated by the fact that they will eventually buy themselves out of it), West Ham is likely in crisis (again), Spurs is just having a mediocre season based off some bad manager calls. And our brick season will still likely end up with a European spot.
Largely people don't want ENIC/Levy out because we are in crisis. Its because we don't feel giving the 20 years of operation that they have a good grasp of what it takes to make a successful football team on the pitch or a willingness to take the bold actions that are necessary. This particular season hasn't added or diminished my disdain for Levy's football acumen. I've actually found the whole thing rather predictable.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

Last 5 seasons fwiw :

17/18 3rd
18/19 4th
19/20 6th
20/21 7th
21/22 4th

It's unquestionably been a slog since moving in to the new stadium (19/20 first full season) but the last 5 years have not been 6th-7th in general as you put it.
Spurs fans and revisionism… who knew

Largely people don't want ENIC/Levy out because we are in crisis. Its because we don't feel giving the 20 years of operation that they have a good grasp of what it takes to make a successful football team on the pitch or a willingness to take the bold actions that are necessary. This particular season hasn't added or diminished my disdain for Levy's football acumen. I've actually found the whole thing rather predictable.

But yet they've had the football team on an upward trajectory since they took over. It's stalled a bit in the last couple of years, but those last steps are the hardest to make.

We are really not in crisis…. Looking at the table there are at least 12 teams in a worse state
And what’s you suggested alternative?
I don’t think there are many that wouldn’t welcome a change… but so few who have offered a viable alternative

We are really not in crisis…. Looking at the table there are at least 12 teams in a worse state
I don’t think there are many that wouldn’t welcome a change… but so few who have offered a viable alternative

One poster wants to challenge the club into finding a solution to be better, and the other poster is happy to look down rather than up.

I agree we aren't in crisis. Disarray regarding the managerial position and DoF role but not a crisis. Its quite normal for us. [emoji28]

One poster wants to challenge the club into finding a solution to be better, and the other poster is happy to look down rather than up.
Challenge with what?
There isn’t a solution being offered
And to call us a club in crisis of frankly daft
That’s why you have to say hold on… there are many many clubs on a worse state than us
Im sure you go that you don’t care about other clubs but football is all relative. Game by game, year by year. You have to compare with others

I agree we aren't in crisis. Disarray regarding the managerial position and DoF role but not a crisis. Its quite normal for us. [emoji28]

Hey that’s true
That’s normal for so many clubs
The clubs with stability and plan tend to excel… city, Brighton and Brentford are great examples for differing reasons
Pools DOF leave and others go too. They suddenly look vulnerable
Chelsea… WTF is happening there
United may have got something right now after a long long time…
Arsenal. Yep great season
4 seasons asking for the board to go though (sounds familiar) and the board wanting to him the manager but couldn’t find anyone to take it on
The only club with stability is city who throw money at very issue as they can
But football is very quick for things to change, good and bad. This season shows that in massive amounts surely
I’m not saying levy or enic will fix it though. I’m far from convinced. They will try though, as it’s in their interests. Anything could happen though

Challenge with what?
There isn’t a solution being offered
And to call us a club in crisis of frankly daft
That’s why you have to say hold on… there are many many clubs on a worse state than us
Im sure you go that you don’t care about other clubs but football is all relative. Game by game, year by year. You have to compare with others

Spurs are rudderless no? Can't seem to get the right man at the helm for some time now.

The chairman says we want to win titles and be competitive which means to look up at the competitors not down. Game by game, year by year. You have to compare with others

Do any of you actualy think they know what they are doing running this club with stellini and Mason? They don't have a clue!

All the best Harry kane it wasn't meant to end like this ... we should have built a team around you and won some cups ... but we have owners that don't know what it takes to be winners

Do any of you actualy think they know what they are doing running this club with stellini and Mason? They don't have a clue!

All the best Harry kane it wasn't meant to end like this ... we should have built a team around you and won some cups ... but we have owners that don't know what it takes to be winners

They are good at running what is becoming a theme park.

For bricks and giggles mate

- What does it take to be winners?

Easy, tiger! Don’t ignore the Skywalk, the F1 link up and the potential NFL franchise.

For bricks and giggles mate

- What does it take to be winners?
Maybe not sack managers every 2yrs.

If you gonna go for managers that win and know their DNA maybe buy who they want and not ones for the future. Those managers won at other clubs cos 8 of 10 times they wanted said player and got them

Pick a path and stick to it.

Stop keeping players who will now see a 5th manager in charge.

Again I'm not gonna ignore the progress Levy have made (even if at times it seems to be by accident or on purpose eg. Jol, Poch, Harry.)

But I will ask, is it not possible that Levy and co now may have reached a point that they are unable to take next step. Just like Sugar couldn't have done what Levy done?

Well I guess we will see won't we, cos I don't see anybody new coming in to buy. So we could well have another 10yrs of this or finally doped up clubs implode because the financial rules kick in and all the good players come to us

Back