• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

ENIC

Yep.... So what was the point in sacking Mourinho in the week of that Cup final?

Because they had an argument which tinkled levy off. Mourinho prioritised the cup, levy felt cl more important. He wasn't sacked because he couldn't get cl, he was sacked because he wouldn't give it 100%.

Yep.... So what was the point in sacking Mourinho in the week of that Cup final?

Because the clubs form was absolutely diabolical, 7 losses, 2 draws, 4 wins from the 13 games leading up to the sacking.....but yeh, give him the cup final

Maybe he watched us against Fulham, Palace and Brighton where we played with 10 behind the ball and then saw Jose go on tele saying we were the better side....

I blame Levy on appointing Jose, I give him credit for sacking the absolute weapon of a man

I absolutely know that Poch had asked for Grealish (and also Sessegnon). He knew Eriksen wanted to leave and wanted Grealish for a year to understudy so that he could let Eriksen go a year later (was same with Sessegnon and Rose). Poch was angry when the club failed to get Grealish for him, as the deal was easy to do for a fair fee. Interestingly enough Pochettino was also interested in Maddison from Norwich. Leicester got their bid in quick and we let them have him as Grealish was Pochettino's top target.
Are you not going to mention the changing dynamic of Villas ownership during that period and the obvious effect it had on their outlook as the selling club?

Absolutely not, I am mates with Michael Standing who was Gareth Barrys long term agent, he was very open about what happened. Deal was 100% agreed, he played out what was to be his last game, did a lap of the pitch to say goodbye, sat in changing room in tears, got pressured from all and sundry and turned his back on the deal out of loyalty. He then signed a 200k a week contract with Villa

Im sorry you are wrong about this one mate
Yep, that was later in the window when they had secured their new funding. I am talking about the start of the window when Villa needed to sell him to stay afloat. At the point when we could've taken him for £20m, Villa couldn't even think about a £20k a week deal for anyone let alone a £200k deal.

Not quite.... Grealish was leaving Villa (and delighted to join us). We farted about with negotiations as we thought we had Villa by the balls (Leicester started to talk to Norwich about Maddison after we started talking to Villa and concluded for Maddison in about a quarter of the time that we continued lowballing Villa with bids for Grealish (they needed £20m to stay afloat). They then found new investors and they put a block on any assets being sold. We eventually offered Villa far more money than we could've got him for on day 1 or 2, or 3, or 10, etc of the transfer window but they no longer needed money as they'd just got themselves two new owners with more wealth than Lewis who were prepared to pump money into the club. We dithered and we lost.
Apologies you have .

Yep, that was later in the window when they had secured their new funding. I am talking about the start of the window when Villa needed to sell him to stay afloat. At the point when we could've taken him for £20m, Villa couldn't even think about a £20k a week deal for anyone let alone a £200k deal.

And we had the deal agreed, he 100% reneged on it

I am not saying we have not dithered on deals but this one is the biggest misquoted deal we have been involved in

Are you not going to mention the changing dynamic of Villas ownership during that period and the obvious effect it had on their outlook as the selling club?
Think I already have? Our farting about with lowball offers for Grealish allowed that time to elapse and they eventually secured new funding. We thought we could grind Villa's noses into the dirt on the deal instead of just accepting that we were already getting a fair deal.

Maybe, maybe not, but would Harry have flirted with the England job if he was still in the CL? Works both ways and his court appearance and flirtation with the England Job done for him, that one was never as cut and dry as people make out
I don't really understand do you mean if we were in the KO stages of the CL at that time?

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

Because the clubs form was absolutely diabolical, 7 losses, 2 draws, 4 wins from the 13 games leading up to the sacking.....but yeh, give him the cup final

Maybe he watched us against Fulham, Palace and Brighton where we played with 10 behind the ball and then saw Jose go on tele saying we were the better side....

I blame Levy on appointing Jose, I give him credit for sacking the absolute weapon of a man
I blame him for both. Appointing him was a nonsense. Sacking him just before he had a chance to do the one thing he is actually good at (winning finals) was equally as nonsensical.

I don't really understand do you mean if we were in the KO stages of the CL at that time?

No I mean if we had qualified for the CL in that season that Redknapp eventually got sacked I doubt he would have dithered on things himself, its a two way street

Lets not forget the lead we had for 3rd that he let slip which would have secured CL football

Look I really liked Redknapp and I enjoyed the football at the time but lets not pretend here that he helped himself that season. He was also touting himself to Chelsea and Liverpool via his representatives after his stock was at such a high that he thought he could not lose

No I mean if we had qualified for the CL in that season that Redknapp eventually got sacked I doubt he would have dithered on things himself, its a two way street
No idea tbh but I think the England job was always something that was going to appeal to Harry. He's old school, the England job was the pinnacle to him.

No idea tbh but I think the England job was always so thing that was going to appeal to Harry. He's old school, the England job was the pinnacle to him.

I am sure it was, but you can't say half way through the season that you are interested in the job then act like its out of order to be held up by your employers for it

And we had the deal agreed, he 100% reneged on it

I am not saying we have not dithered on deals but this one is the biggest misquoted deal we have been involved in
Yes.... that was later in the window (and actually for a considerably bigger transfer fee than we could've got him for in the first month of the window). At the point when we could've got him for £20 million Villa could only think about cutting costs and certainly not entertain a new deal for him.

Yes.... that was later in the window (and actually for a considerably bigger transfer fee than we could've got him for in the first month of the window). At the point when we could've got him for £20 million Villa could only think about cutting costs and certainly not entertain a new deal for him.

Its all irrelevant, as I say, the deal was done Grealish pulled the plug with his old man...

I think Poch was 100% right to turn down Tielemens on loan because he instead wanted Grealish, who was avaialable for a very reasonable fee, on a permanent deal.

And a fee was agreed and hands shook and then the new Villa owner tried to up the price, Levy told him to stick it. But you know that and just want to blame Levy which was not the reason i gave you the proof when it all went down you just chose to ignore it.

And one of the reasons ( not the only one) that ^rent a quote" was sacked is that he was angling behind Levys back to get the England job. Levy found out and took the action he did. The laugh is /was that " rent a quote" never had a hope/chance of getting the England job as the FA knew what a disaster that would have been and would never had done it.

Back