• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

ENIC

The football by that point was dire, people conflating final records at inform, superstar laden clubs like Real, Inter and Chelsea are not really comparing apples with apples here.

We were utterly dogmuck by that point, yes we lost the final but Mason was a huge improvement on Jose and Bale sparked back into life, so I can totally get sacking him, he was a macaron
It was dire well before that…. Yet our chairman decided that very specific moment to sack the manager. Our chairman sacked a great manager for us to bring in Mourinho and then didn’t give him the chance to do the one thing he is actually good at because finances are what is ultimately important to the owners of our club

It was dire well before that…. Yet our chairman decided that very specific moment to sack the manager. Our chairman sacked a great manager for us to bring in Mourinho and then didn’t give him the chance to do the one thing he is actually good at because finances are what is ultimately important to the owners of our club

Jose had a choice in this, do better in league, don't get sacked

Freefall from top = sack

Simple

speaking of Jol, wasn't he flirting with Saudi Sportswashing Machine at one point too?
Can’t understand why anyone would be surprised or upset by our managers sounding out other potential jobs when they know they’ll be binned the moment they stop over achieving compared to resources provided.

They sacked their manager in the same week as they had a Cup final to play?

No in terms of taking decisions that are questionable

Point being that its not an exclusive club, in fact probably worse sacking a manager who is clear at the top of the league than a manager who is in a cup final who was in freefall in the league.

As I say, if Jose did better in his job he would have got to see out the final, him not doing so is on him, he was abysmal by that point

Can’t understand why anyone would be surprised or upset by our managers sounding out other potential jobs when they know they’ll be binned the moment they stop over achieving compared to resources provided.

I’d get it if it was Madrid or United, but Jol was talking to Saudi Sportswashing Machine, Redknapp was going to drop all the way down to internationals.

Don't sign up for the job then? Surely you can't be surprised and upset that they also get sacked for lack of loyalty once they have?

Every manager is happy to sign on the dotted line and take the money....I wouldn't say getting in the CL is overachieving, I would say Poch nearly pushing out two league wins would have been massively

Don't sign up for the job then? Surely you can't be surprised and upset that they also get sacked for lack of loyalty once they have?

Every manager is happy to sign on the dotted line and take the money....I wouldn't say getting in the CL is overachieving, I would say Poch nearly pushing out two league wins would have been massively
Finishing in the top 4 with the 6th biggest resources is massively over achieving.

Back