• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

ENIC

A very very good squad, that could also be improved by coaching.

The name that always gets bandied about it Tielemans, who wasn’t as good as what we had already.
Interesting that no other PL teams seem to think that is the right way to go about things?.... Even the ones who have won the league the previous season!

Why would Poch agree to taking Tielemens on loan when he had made a completely acceptable request to get the very gettable Jack Grealish on a permanent deal?

Just proves the point though, all the hyper criticisms are part of short term views and demands. What was an opinion of thir board last year is now forgotten after half a season

Fickle is as fickle does I suppose

I really love the guys, and I saw a mate of mine do it the other day, who say "just spend the f**king money and pay the asking price".

Firstly, no one knows what goes on in negotiations although I will concede that Levy obviously drives a hard bargain. But "just spend the money" involves sanctioning the spending of an additional £5m-£10m in many cases. It's a massive sum of money and people think it's just a case of saying "ah f**k it. Sure it's only a bit extra". Yeah there are situations where Levy's fiscal conservatism has cost us a player but I laugh at lads telling him to "just spend" when I know in their jobs, they're scared brickless of making even minor decisions.

People are shaped by their experiences, I don't think people realize Leeds capitulation from CL & top club to administration and spiraling down the leagues was actually quite early in Levy's tenure, his aversion to risking the club for short term gains was probably heavily influenced by Leeds.

Yep and also he also believes that consistency is the only constant and that throwing money at things to compete with other clubs is a race to the bottom as only one can win the league, which is correct when you look at it, for example, for all their spending Emirates Marketing Project don't win everything despite them being successful, you could argue they don't get bang for their buck and if every club increased their spending to compete, the outcomes of the league would still be relatively the same, just everyone would be spending billions of pounds more for what is ultimately an illusion and make everyone feel much better about their efforts. Its not really a longer term sustainable proposition and if the worlds proven anything recently nothing is guaranteed long term with so many factors

I really love the guys, and I saw a mate of mine do it the other day, who say "just spend the f**king money and pay the asking price".

Firstly, no one knows what goes on in negotiations although I will concede that Levy obviously drives a hard bargain. But "just spend the money" involves sanctioning the spending of an additional £5m-£10m in many cases. It's a massive sum of money and people think it's just a case of saying "ah f**k it. Sure it's only a bit extra". Yeah there are situations where Levy's fiscal conservatism has cost us a player but I laugh at lads telling him to "just spend" when I know in their jobs, they're scared brickless of making even minor decisions.

I always laugh at twitter outcry, bunch of chisel headed weekend ravers who claim they have all the answers....makes me chuckle TBH

How many years was jol with us? Ramos i think the concern was more about relegation. Redknapp we finished 4th. Avb got found out. Mourinho? Poch we were in cl.
Jol got us to Europe a few times (when we'd been out of European competition for a while) and then got sacked the moment it looked like we might miss europe.
Ramos won the only trophy of the ENIC ownership era and got sacked early the following season.
Redknapp got sacked after Chelsea won the CL, relegating us to the Europa League.
AVB should never have been employed in the first place I agree, unfortunately though Levy fell for his sexy powerpoint presentation where each new slide came in spinning around or something!... Once he was in the door though he was allowed to miss CL the first season and then sacked when it appeared he would do so the second season.
Pochettino got he sack when it looked like we might not make the CL for a 4th consecutive time (way to go on that one Levy!)
Mourinho got the sack just before a Cup Final, the one thing that history told us he was really good at negotiating successfully, because he wanted to rest his best players in midweek before the game to give us the best possible chance of winning the Cup final. Levy sacked him as he still clung to the idea that we might scrape 4th place.

Last edited:
2010/11 redknapp finished 5th but kept his job.
2011/12 redknapp finished 4th and was sacked.
Your discussion with Finney was that they get one season of failure and then sacked. So this matches.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

Yep.... and because he wanted Grealish as his long term Eriksen replacement.

And Grealish reneged on joining the club after their fans put pressure on him. He did a farewell to the fans at one of their Championship games and then u-turned a day later on leaving the club, stayed to take them up and gave them a year in the the PL. The stuff that some put out about us missing out because of money is rubbish

Jol got us to Europe a few times (when we'd been out of European competition for a while) and then got sacked the moment it looked like we might miss europe.
Ramos won the only trophy of the ENIC ownership era and got sacked early the following season.
Redknapp got sacked after Chelsea won the CL, relegating us to the Europa League.
AVB should never have been employed in the first place I agree, unfortunately though Levy fell for his sexy powerpoint presentation where each new slide came in spinning around or something!... Once he was in the door though he was allowed to miss CL the first season and then sacked when it appeared he would do so the second season.
Pochettino got he sack when it looked like we might not make the CL for a 5th consecutive time (way to go on that one Levy!)
Mourinho got the sack just before a Cup Final, the one thing that history told us he was really good at negotiating successfully, because he wanted to rest his best players in midweek before the game to give us the best possible chance of winning the Cup final. Levy sacked him as he still clung to the idea that we might scrape 4th place.

And rightly so in some respects, we have had the longest run of appearances in the CL than in any time in our clubs history and as much as its frustrating to me about the lack of silverware I am also realistic to what benefits us more and its not a Carabao Cup win. Fans that complain about trophies would soon be crying their eyes out with a prolonged period out the CL and there is not a player in the world that says "I joined them for league cup win" but to a man they all say they want to play in the CL. So you can have it some ways but you can't have it all ways

Your discussion with Finney was that they get one season of failure and then sacked. So this matches.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

The story i heard was that levys mother died. Lewis was over. Redknapp demanded a new contract after turning one down in jan because he wanted the england job. This tinkled lewis off after the failure of the team in the final few months (mind the gap?), the court case and lewis sacked him.

The story i heard was that levys mother died. Lewis was over. Redknapp demanded a new contract after turning one down in jan because he wanted the england job. This tinkled lewis off after the failure of the team in the final few months (mind the gap?), the court case and lewis sacked him.

As always (unlike what some people think here), ALL decisions are made on a number of criteria

- Top 4 is clearly a key measurement in evaluating our managers (think of it as a main goal)
- Player development, progress, cup runs, etc. (think of those as KPIs, i.e. soft goals)
- Then there is personal behavior (e.g. no question Harry's self whoring for the England job plus his court cases would have played against him)

Through that lens, the combination of the CL qualification goal plus other extenuating circumstances account for pretty much every one of the dismissals

Back