• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

ENIC

He's not a football fan, he's made that clear but he doesn't need to be. He just needs to be good at his job and depending on your perspective he may or may not have been doing a good job.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

Which is fine but then don't say that he is a live long spurs fan ... its brick like that, that makes me think that he is phony

What a load of Tosh! You don’t half try and spin some nonsense, ha

Literally everyone knows the reason(s) Redknapp was sacked, it’s been covered to death.
Do you think Harry would have been sacked if he had finished 3rd and got the CL place?

I really don't think he would have but I guess we'll never know.

Do you know that about Tielemans or are you speculating?
I absolutely know that Poch had asked for Grealish (and also Sessegnon). He knew Eriksen wanted to leave and wanted Grealish for a year to understudy so that he could let Eriksen go a year later (was same with Sessegnon and Rose). Poch was angry when the club failed to get Grealish for him, as the deal was easy to do for a fair fee. Interestingly enough Pochettino was also interested in Maddison from Norwich. Leicester got their bid in quick and we let them have him as Grealish was Pochettino's top target.

Which is fine but then don't say that he is a live long spurs fan ... its brick like that, that makes me think that he is phony
He's a businessman. He's phony by definition. He may have also grown a fondness for the institution. Who knows, I just don't think being a fan is irrelevant. It's just is he good at what does or not.

I absolutely know that Poch had asked for Grealish (and also Sessegnon). He knew Eriksen wanted to leave and wanted Grealish for a year to understudy so that he could let Eriksen go a year later (was same with Sessegnon and Rose). Poch was angry when the club failed to get Grealish for him, as the deal was easy to do for a fair fee. Interestingly enough Pochettino was also interested in Maddison from Norwich. Leicester got their bid in quick and we let them have him as Grealish was Pochettino's top target.

I also know for an absolute fact that Grealish reneged on joining after all was agreed, so not all on Levy that one

Yep.... Second strike and he was out. Seems that each manager is allowed one miss.
There was more to it then that. It seems you only want to grab onto the one fact that suits and ignore everything that went on around the time.
Same with the majority of other managers that were sacked.

And Grealish reneged on joining the club after their fans put pressure on him. He did a farewell to the fans at one of their Championship games and then u-turned a day later on leaving the club, stayed to take them up and gave them a year in the the PL. The stuff that some put out about us missing out because of money is rubbish
Not quite.... Grealish was leaving Villa (and delighted to join us). We farted about with negotiations as we thought we had Villa by the balls (Leicester started to talk to Norwich about Maddison after we started talking to Villa and concluded for Maddison in about a quarter of the time that we continued lowballing Villa with bids for Grealish (they needed £20m to stay afloat). They then found new investors and they put a block on any assets being sold. We eventually offered Villa far more money than we could've got him for on day 1 or 2, or 3, or 10, etc of the transfer window but they no longer needed money as they'd just got themselves two new owners with more wealth than Lewis who were prepared to pump money into the club. We dithered and we lost.

Last edited:
And rightly so in some respects, we have had the longest run of appearances in the CL than in any time in our clubs history and as much as its frustrating to me about the lack of silverware I am also realistic to what benefits us more and its not a Carabao Cup win. Fans that complain about trophies would soon be crying their eyes out with a prolonged period out the CL and there is not a player in the world that says "I joined them for league cup win" but to a man they all say they want to play in the CL. So you can have it some ways but you can't have it all ways
It worked out well eh?.... No Cup Win, No CL and then Nuno managing us?

Do you think Harry would have been sacked if he had finished 3rd and got the CL place?

I really don't think he would have but I guess we'll never know.

Maybe, maybe not, but would Harry have flirted with the England job if he was still in the CL? Works both ways and his court appearance and flirtation with the England Job done for him, that one was never as cut and dry as people make out

It worked out well eh?.... No Cup Win, No CL and then Nuno managing us?

Mason won more games % wise so the damage in the CL run was done by Jose already and we gained CL status after the next campaign, ironically after it looked like CL was off the table under Nuno, which proves my point

The story i heard was that levys mother died. Lewis was over. Redknapp demanded a new contract after turning one down in jan because he wanted the england job. This tinkled lewis off after the failure of the team in the final few months (mind the gap?), the court case and lewis sacked him.
I doubt he would've been sacked if we had qualified for the CL.... though unfortunately we'll never know.

Not quite.... Grealish was leaving Villa (and delighted to join us). We farted about with negotiations as we thought we had Villa by the balls (Leicester concluded a deal with Norwich in about for Maddison in about a quarter of the time that we were lowballing Villa with bids for Grealish (they needed £20m to stay afloat). They then found new investors and they put a block on any assets being sold. We eventually offered Villa far more money than we could've got him for on day 1 or 2, or 3, or 10, etc of the transfer window but they no longer needed money as they'd just got themselves two new owners with more wealth than Lewis who were prepared to pump money into the club. We dithered and we lost.

Absolutely not, I am mates with Michael Standing who was Gareth Barrys long term agent, he was very open about what happened. Deal was 100% agreed, he played out what was to be his last game, did a lap of the pitch to say goodbye, sat in changing room in tears, got pressured from all and sundry and turned his back on the deal out of loyalty. He then signed a 200k a week contract with Villa

Im sorry you are wrong about this one mate

What a load of Tosh! You don’t half try and spin some nonsense, ha

Literally everyone knows the reason(s) Redknapp was sacked, it’s been covered to death.
and yet he didn't get sacked until we'd actually missed out on the CL that season....
Actually only Levy (and perhaps Redknapp) know why the sacking happened. It's clear though that sacking him and bringing in AVB was a regressive move for the club.

I also know for an absolute fact that Grealish reneged on joining after all was agreed, so not all on Levy that one
Would love to hear how you know this... PM me and we can swap stories.

Worth noting here that I know Spurs had wanted Grealish not to sign a new deal at Villa (i.e. to force the move) but this was weeks after we'd ballsed up the easy deal at the start of the transfer window.

Mason won more games % wise so the damage in the CL run was done by Jose already and we gained CL status after the next campaign, ironically after it looked like CL was off the table under Nuno, which proves my point
Yep.... So what was the point in sacking Mourinho in the week of that Cup final?

Back