• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

ENIC

His quote for being football being purely a business model for profit when taking over rangers, and then claiming to be a life long spurs fan (debunked by his university friends), then wanting to join the breakaway league does not sit right with me. But I suppose most business men are very slippery.
The breakaway league.

If you give it some thought, what would have been your decision on the breakaway league.
You're in DLs shoes btw.

Jol was with us for 3 seasons, in his 3rd season we spent by our standards a large amount and the expectation was a top 4 finish. We lost our opening two games and Jol got the sack

Ramos famously for 2 points from 8 games so again was unlikely to qualify for the CL so again he got the sack.

Redknapp finished 4th but should have finished 3rd, Chelsea won the CL knocking us out of the CL place and...Redknapp for the sack.

AVB finished 5th in his first season and then lay in 7th his second season with 4th again unlikely so.he.got.the.sack.

Poch 3 seasons in a row in the CL, a CL final as well despite severe limitationas. Starts his last season poorly, top 4 is again not going to happen. So guess what? He gets sacked.

Mourinho wasn't finishing in the top 4 and despite the prospect of the EL final he was still sacked.

There's been quite a pattern and very obvious one. Finish in the CL qualifying place and you'll get the next season. If it's clear you're not going to that season you will be moved on.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk
I'm not quite sure what the discussion is here?

Edit: I've not read all the related posts btw.

Jol was with us for 3 seasons, in his 3rd season we spent by our standards a large amount and the expectation was a top 4 finish. We lost our opening two games and Jol got the sack

Ramos famously for 2 points from 8 games so again was unlikely to qualify for the CL so again he got the sack.

Redknapp finished 4th but should have finished 3rd, Chelsea won the CL knocking us out of the CL place and...Redknapp for the sack.

AVB finished 5th in his first season and then lay in 7th his second season with 4th again unlikely so.he.got.the.sack.

Poch 3 seasons in a row in the CL, a CL final as well despite severe limitationas. Starts his last season poorly, top 4 is again not going to happen. So guess what? He gets sacked.

Mourinho wasn't finishing in the top 4 and despite the prospect of the EL final he was still sacked.

There's been quite a pattern and very obvious one. Finish in the CL qualifying place and you'll get the next season. If it's clear you're not going to that season you will be moved on.

You really need to dig a little deeper into why each one was sacked. For most of them it was more than the league position for others it was the main reason.

The 400m estimate was for the original project not the one with the retractable pitch.

The bonus Levy got was one that he had postponed for several years.

During the windows that there was no transfer business Poch was offered several players but said no to them all.

How are the owners milking the club? Every penny the club earns is plowed back in, they take nothing out.
Milking the club? ENIC are feeding the club!

2010/11 redknapp finished 5th but kept his job.
2011/12 redknapp finished 4th and was sacked.

His quote for being football being purely a business model for profit when taking over rangers, and then claiming to be a life long spurs fan (debunked by his university friends), then wanting to join the breakaway league does not sit right with me. But I suppose most business men are very slippery.

Where is the links to him not being a Spurs fan? Never seen that, what did I mis there?

https://www.goal.com/en/news/assess...tspurs-new-stadium/13xo4l1pe98o51qrx9qyl1io4u

At the outset, it was estimated that the construction of the new stadium would incur costs of around £400 million, but in 2017 it emerged that it would actually be nearly double that - around £750m.
Since then, however, reports in the British press have suggested that the new stadium cost Spurs roughly £1 billion in the final analysis.

OK, 2.5X not triple

Brexit was a known risk and covid was not - Under those circumstances in the private sector, if i were running any project which resulted in a 2.5X overrun I am pretty sure i'd be sacked from my job. Also suspicious that that Levy received a huge bonus linked to the construction of the stadium before it was completed.

Levy, who has been at north London since 2001, earned £2.96 million at the north London club last term. This is way less than the amount he earned the season prior. In the 2018-19 season, Levy racked up £7 million. This exorbitant amount, however, also included a £3 million in connection with Spurs' £1 billion-worth new stadium development.

https://www.republicworld.com/sport...iel-levy-to-become-highest-paid-director.html

Note that in 2018 Spurs became the first club to have a no-transfer window (which would continue for another two windows) and the window we missed out on Grealish whose value would ballon a year later.

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/fo...tory-to-make-no-summer-signings-a3907961.html

Once again not disputing that the club is heading in the right direction, just that the owners/corporate staff are milking they club and fans more.

Brexit was known risk? Taken some strokes with that comment TBH

One of the issues here (and I fall into this category too) is that fans rarely know best and its easy to run a club whilst mapping out the logic on the back of fag packs.

Our fans were so clever they hounded the club not to use the furlough scheme which was there to assist organisations like ours and rather the club lose a million pound a day in Covid hence the need to take another loan, I mean when the Enic out lot used that stick to beat the club with absolutely zero thought of the financial losses that hurt the club, that then ironically hit the transfer plans, I knew they were full of sh1t

The club had zero input into the outcome of Brexit and at the time of planning the new ground Brexit was not even a thing, so to talk like the costs and issues could have been planned around is laughable. People also like to ignore that alot of the final and expensive work, including delays was because of sabotage from rival fans, delays which meant we had to pay ridiculous labour costs, to try and hit timelines, oh and those costs were exasperated why? Lack of available labour

As for transfer policy, the club spends, I have argued we have spent badly which is our downfall but its easy as fans when you are not accountable for the decision and its easy to demand online, but I remember the clamber for the likes of Coutinho, James Rodrigues and Malcom and subsequent meltdown when we didn't sign them, but as there is no responsibility in demanding players as fans there is also no one that turns rounds and admits they were wrong about their opinions and that maybe buying players is harder than they care to admit. The Teilemanns argument another example, he was cried about missing like he was the second coming, but in reality he is an ok player no more.

Ultimately fans want us to sign every player we are linked with, regardless, and if we don't its lack of ambition, just go and spend 5 mins on twitter. I am not denying we need to make extra strides and ensure success in the market but I find the whole thing a game of extremes as far as fans are concerned. Porro another example, could well be a good player but fans acting like they have been scouting him for years, despite never mentioning him before links are clearly gearing up to lose their sh1t if that signing does not happen, its clear as day, you can sense the meltdowns already

I am not saying the club are perfect, far from it, but I am also not going to cry my eyes out in only, what is it, second or third full season in the stadium and keep repeating "Moving into the stadium was a gam changer" like the #EnicOut jive bunnies. Im also not going to claim Enic are an issue whilst pandering to links for investment from people that bunged their way to hosting a world cup

Interesting that when a plan comes to fruition and maybe owners are proved right that fans go silent, case in point, I have not heard one Kronke/Arteta out jibe from those punks down the road..... funny that

Last edited:

Correlation doesn't equal causation

Btw on this point I don’t think anything will happen. I can’t see them investing or finding an agreement with levy

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk

If they are looking just at a minor share of a club either us or arsenal seem the safe bet. Liverpool seem to want to sell completely. Utd are just so badly run would you trust the glazers? City and Saudi Sportswashing Machine you wouldn't really be able to influence. The other teams anything can happen west ham and everton fighting relegation and they are 2 of the biggest of the rest.
I doubt it will happen, but it is a possibility. Levy you'd have to say is a safe pair of hands.

If they are looking just at a minor share of a club either us or arsenal seem the safe bet. Liverpool seem to want to sell completely. Utd are just so badly run would you trust the glazers? City and Saudi Sportswashing Machine you wouldn't really be able to influence. The other teams anything can happen west ham and everton fighting relegation and they are 2 of the biggest of the rest.
I doubt it will happen, but it is a possibility. Levy you'd have to say is a safe pair of hands.

They nearly purchased Cambridge United so I would think there are alot of exploratory conversations going on

Mentioning rangers, as a comparison, the guy that owned rangers at the time (david Murray) had no interest in football and was talked into buying the club by souness.
He pumped £millions into rangers to make it a successful club. But then it became an ego trip chasing an almost impossible dream (cl win). When it all went pete tong he tried to reign it in and follow a sustainable model.
The entitled fans couldn't hack it, he lost his bottle and went back to the old ways, spending money they didn't have.
Club went bankrupt.

Rangers are what we could have become, levy has avoided every one of the pitfalls that Murray ran headlong into.

The breakaway league.

If you give it some thought, what would have been your decision on the breakaway league.
You're in DLs shoes btw.

Exactly this

Barcelona, Real and Man United come to you saying, to lowly Spurs, lets be honest, "Hey we are going to form our own Super League" it would be absolutely reckless to rule yourself out. Imagine you did and it went ahead, the same fans crying about it would absolutely slaughter Levy for not signing up as we play some cow farmers from Albania in the Uefa matchstick league

Ironically, Levy being front and centre of the negotiations with Real is a sign of how much good work Levy has done with the club, we are a FAR bigger club than we were

Brexit was known risk? Taken some strokes with that comment TBH

One of the issues here (and I fall into this category too) is that fans rarely know best and its easy to run a club whilst mapping out the logic on the back of fag packs.

Our fans were so clever they hounded the club not to use the furlough scheme which was there to assist organisations like ours and rather the club lose a million pound a day in Covid hence the need to take another loan, I mean when the Enic out lot used that stick to beat the club with absolutely zero thought of the financial losses that hurt the club, that then ironically hit the transfer plans, I knew they were full of sh1t

The club had zero input into the outcome of Brexit and at the time of planning the new ground Brexit was not even a thing, so to talk like the costs and issues could have been planned around is laughable. People also like to ignore that alot of the final and expensive work, including delays was because of sabotage from rival fans, delays which meant we had to pay ridiculous labour costs, to try and hit timelines, oh and those costs were exasperated why? Lack of available labour

As for transfer policy, the club spends, I have argued we have spent badly which is our downfall but its easy as fans when you are not accountable for the decision and its easy to demand online, but I remember the clamber for the likes of Coutinho, James Rodrigues and Malcom and subsequent meltdown when we didn't sign them, but as there is no responsibility in demanding players as fans there is also no one that turns rounds and admits they were wrong about their opinions and that maybe buying players is harder than they care to admit. The Teilemanns argument another example, he was cried about missing like he was the second coming, but in reality he is an ok player no more.

Ultimately fans want us to sign every player we are linked with, regardless, and if we don't its lack of ambition, just go and spend 5 mins on twitter. I am not denying we need to make extra strides and ensure success in the market but I find the whole thing a game of extremes as far as fans are concerned. Porro another example, could well be a good player but fans acting like they have been scouting him for years, despite never mentioning him before links are clearly gearing up to lose their sh1t if that signing does not happen, its clear as day, you can sense the meltdowns already

I am not saying the club are perfect, far from it, but I am also not going to cry my eyes out in only, what is it, second or third full season in the stadium and keep repeating "Moving into the stadium was a gam changer" like the #EnicOut jive bunnies. Im also not going to claim Enic are an issue whilst pandering to links for investment from people that bunged their way to hosting a world cup

Interesting that when a plan comes to fruition and maybe owners are proved right that fans go silent, case in point, I have not heard one Kronke/Arteta out jibe from those punks down the road..... funny that
Yeah but Kronke finally put some money in and now look… and I am being sarcastic
I’ll also add the measure of success in football now is getting shorter and shorter
I’ve heard that Saudi Sportswashing Machine have had a successful season and arsenal have had an outstanding season… it’s not even half way through but it’s finalised now for some

Mentioning rangers, as a comparison, the guy that owned rangers at the time (david Murray) had no interest in football and was talked into buying the club by souness. He pumped £millions into rangers to make it a successful club. But then it became an ego trip chasing an almost impossible dream (cl win). When it all went pete tong he tried to reign it in and follow a sustainable model. The entitled fans couldn't hack it, he lost his bottle and went back to the old ways, spending money they didn't have. Club went bankrupt. Rangers are what we could have become, levy has avoided every one of the pitfalls that Murray ran headlong into.

People are shaped by their experiences, I don't think people realize Leeds capitulation from CL & top club to administration and spiraling down the leagues was actually quite early in Levy's tenure, his aversion to risking the club for short term gains was probably heavily influenced by Leeds.

Yeah but Kronke finally put some money in and now look… and I am being sarcastic

I’ll also add the measure of success in football now is getting shorter and shorter

I’ve heard that Saudi Sportswashing Machine have had a successful season and arsenal have had an outstanding season… it’s not even half way through but it’s finalised now for some

Just proves the point though, all the hyper criticisms are part of short term views and demands. What was an opinion of thir board last year is now forgotten after half a season

Fickle is as fickle does I suppose

Back