• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

ENIC

https://www.goal.com/en/news/assess...tspurs-new-stadium/13xo4l1pe98o51qrx9qyl1io4u

At the outset, it was estimated that the construction of the new stadium would incur costs of around £400 million, but in 2017 it emerged that it would actually be nearly double that - around £750m.
Since then, however, reports in the British press have suggested that the new stadium cost Spurs roughly £1 billion in the final analysis.

OK, 2.5X not triple

Brexit was a known risk and covid was not - Under those circumstances in the private sector, if i were running any project which resulted in a 2.5X overrun I am pretty sure i'd be sacked from my job. Also suspicious that that Levy received a huge bonus linked to the construction of the stadium before it was completed.

Levy, who has been at north London since 2001, earned £2.96 million at the north London club last term. This is way less than the amount he earned the season prior. In the 2018-19 season, Levy racked up £7 million. This exorbitant amount, however, also included a £3 million in connection with Spurs' £1 billion-worth new stadium development.

https://www.republicworld.com/sport...iel-levy-to-become-highest-paid-director.html

Note that in 2018 Spurs became the first club to have a no-transfer window (which would continue for another two windows) and the window we missed out on Grealish whose value would ballon a year later.

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/fo...tory-to-make-no-summer-signings-a3907961.html

Once again not disputing that the club is heading in the right direction, just that the owners/corporate staff are milking they club and fans more.
The 400m estimate was for the original project not the one with the retractable pitch.

The bonus Levy got was one that he had postponed for several years.

During the windows that there was no transfer business Poch was offered several players but said no to them all.

How are the owners milking the club? Every penny the club earns is plowed back in, they take nothing out.

A very very good squad, that could also be improved by coaching.

The name that always gets bandied about it Tielemans, who wasn’t as good as what we had already.
Tielemans was as good as we had and at the very least would provide better squad depth.
It was a terrible decision not to take him.

The 400m estimate was for the original project not the one with the retractable pitch.

The bonus Levy got was one that he had postponed for several years.

During the windows that there was no transfer business Poch was offered several players but said no to them all.

How are the owners milking the club? Every penny the club earns is plowed back in, they take nothing out.

Levy takes a salary and a bonus. Outrageous. (Even the big bonus at the time of the new stadium was partly deferred from previous seasons I think, although substantial nonetheless).

I also think the reason people dislike levy is because he is a comes across as a snakey little clam. This blinds peoples judgements even when he gets matters right off the pitch.

His decisions on the pitch and long drawn out transfers have been his downfall. It seems like he is happy to take a punt at winning something by chance rather than fully backing his managers with the players that they need.

If reminds me of when my grandma used to take me shopping back in the day ... get me all excited about buying a football ... only to buy me a plastic shoot 5 ball ... did the job but not really fit for purpose ... unless that purpose was to kick some whacky curlers into the neighbours garden consistently.

https://www.goal.com/en/news/assess...tspurs-new-stadium/13xo4l1pe98o51qrx9qyl1io4u

At the outset, it was estimated that the construction of the new stadium would incur costs of around £400 million, but in 2017 it emerged that it would actually be nearly double that - around £750m.
Since then, however, reports in the British press have suggested that the new stadium cost Spurs roughly £1 billion in the final analysis.

OK, 2.5X not triple

Brexit was a known risk and covid was not - Under those circumstances in the private sector, if i were running any project which resulted in a 2.5X overrun I am pretty sure i'd be sacked from my job. Also suspicious that that Levy received a huge bonus linked to the construction of the stadium before it was completed.

Levy, who has been at north London since 2001, earned £2.96 million at the north London club last term. This is way less than the amount he earned the season prior. In the 2018-19 season, Levy racked up £7 million. This exorbitant amount, however, also included a £3 million in connection with Spurs' £1 billion-worth new stadium development.

https://www.republicworld.com/sport...iel-levy-to-become-highest-paid-director.html

Note that in 2018 Spurs became the first club to have a no-transfer window (which would continue for another two windows) and the window we missed out on Grealish whose value would ballon a year later.

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/fo...tory-to-make-no-summer-signings-a3907961.html

Once again not disputing that the club is heading in the right direction, just that the owners/corporate staff are milking they club and fans more.
Some inaccuracies from Jordan and you personally don't really want to dig beyond the headlines.

Levy owns part of the club
He could have taken money at any point so the bonus has always been irrelevant unless he spends it on a new yacht

I’ve been a procurement director on several stadiums and they used to be fixed price contracts. That’s changed with Brexit as no main contractor knew the material costs of imported products

as is always the way with us… timing is everything

Covid didn’t have an impact on the stadium cost just income
Besides from what I've heard, earning a £3m bonus for delivering the stadium was deserved. A workaholic, hands on, demanding and driving the thing forward everyday. The result shows that.

I also think the reason people dislike levy is because he is a comes across as a snakey little clam. This blinds peoples judgements even when he gets matters right off the pitch.

His decisions on the pitch and long drawn out transfers have been his downfall. It seems like he is happy to take a punt at winning something by chance rather than fully backing his managers with the players that they need.

If reminds me of when my grandma used to take me shopping back in the day ... get me all excited about buying a football ... only to buy me a plastic shoot 5 ball ... did the job but not really fit for purpose ... unless that purpose was to kick some whacky curlers into the neighbours garden consistently.

That's a narrative take

- Levy is playing a long game, it's beyond most fans basic understanding (and patience), he isn't willing to risk everything for immediate success if he has line of sight to long term success.
- The perfect example is the stadium, it took over decade to deliver (mostly due to government trying to fudge us), I remember arguing with fans on this board who were convinced the stadium was fake, that Levy was never going to build it.
- Truth is we never actually know how much of a stretch the club is at financially (running a football club must be a nightmare, the income difference between making full cup runs, deeper in CL or qualifying for CL vs. not, must make it hugely difficult to take a risk, on what income, best case or worse case?)

I agree his PR is awful, I am very careful about the snakey/greedy/money hoarding narrative because I think at least a small part of that is sourced elsewhere.

Our problem is quite simple. We don’t have owners who are subsidising the club. We have owners who put the money the club earns back into the club. That’s it. It’s really, really , really simple and exactly how all clubs should be run. Unfortunately we don’t insist as a league/country that football clubs operate like that so everything is fudged.

We need new owners now to be more competitive, but what clubs don’t need new owners

@Bedfordspurs answered this entire thread about two pages back

- ENIC has done a good job, probably would have been enough in a non broken system
- To truly compete, yes we will need different owners, difference for me is I don't need to brick on ENIC to make that connection

A 'snakey little clam' ?:rolleyes:
He's a business man that is private, mainly because he is socially awkward and shy in public.

A 'snakey little clam' ?:rolleyes:
He's a business man that is private, mainly because he is socially awkward and shy in public.

His quote for being football being purely a business model for profit when taking over rangers, and then claiming to be a life long spurs fan (debunked by his university friends), then wanting to join the breakaway league does not sit right with me. But I suppose most business men are very slippery.

How many years was jol with us? Ramos i think the concern was more about relegation. Redknapp we finished 4th. Avb got found out. Mourinho? Poch we were in cl.
Jol was with us for 3 seasons, in his 3rd season we spent by our standards a large amount and the expectation was a top 4 finish. We lost our opening two games and Jol got the sack

Ramos famously for 2 points from 8 games so again was unlikely to qualify for the CL so again he got the sack.

Redknapp finished 4th but should have finished 3rd, Chelsea won the CL knocking us out of the CL place and...Redknapp for the sack.

AVB finished 5th in his first season and then lay in 7th his second season with 4th again unlikely so.he.got.the.sack.

Poch 3 seasons in a row in the CL, a CL final as well despite severe limitationas. Starts his last season poorly, top 4 is again not going to happen. So guess what? He gets sacked.

Mourinho wasn't finishing in the top 4 and despite the prospect of the EL final he was still sacked.

There's been quite a pattern and very obvious one. Finish in the CL qualifying place and you'll get the next season. If it's clear you're not going to that season you will be moved on.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

His quote for being football being purely a business model for profit when taking over rangers, and then claiming to be a life long spurs fan (debunked by his university friends), then wanting to join the breakaway league does not sit right with me. But I suppose most business men are very slippery.
He's not a football fan, he's made that clear but he doesn't need to be. He just needs to be good at his job and depending on your perspective he may or may not have been doing a good job.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

Back