• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

ENIC

https://www.goal.com/en/news/assess...tspurs-new-stadium/13xo4l1pe98o51qrx9qyl1io4u

At the outset, it was estimated that the construction of the new stadium would incur costs of around £400 million, but in 2017 it emerged that it would actually be nearly double that - around £750m.
Since then, however, reports in the British press have suggested that the new stadium cost Spurs roughly £1 billion in the final analysis.

OK, 2.5X not triple

Brexit was a known risk and covid was not - Under those circumstances in the private sector, if i were running any project which resulted in a 2.5X overrun I am pretty sure i'd be sacked from my job. Also suspicious that that Levy received a huge bonus linked to the construction of the stadium before it was completed.

Levy, who has been at north London since 2001, earned £2.96 million at the north London club last term. This is way less than the amount he earned the season prior. In the 2018-19 season, Levy racked up £7 million. This exorbitant amount, however, also included a £3 million in connection with Spurs' £1 billion-worth new stadium development.

https://www.republicworld.com/sport...iel-levy-to-become-highest-paid-director.html

Note that in 2018 Spurs became the first club to have a no-transfer window (which would continue for another two windows) and the window we missed out on Grealish whose value would ballon a year later.

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/fo...tory-to-make-no-summer-signings-a3907961.html

Once again not disputing that the club is heading in the right direction, just that the owners/corporate staff are milking they club and fans more.

https://www.goal.com/en/news/assess...tspurs-new-stadium/13xo4l1pe98o51qrx9qyl1io4u

At the outset, it was estimated that the construction of the new stadium would incur costs of around £400 million, but in 2017 it emerged that it would actually be nearly double that - around £750m.
Since then, however, reports in the British press have suggested that the new stadium cost Spurs roughly £1 billion in the final analysis.

OK, 2.5X not triple

Brexit was a known risk and covid was not - Under those circumstances in the private sector, if i were running any project which resulted in a 2.5X overrun I am pretty sure i'd be sacked from my job. Also suspicious that that Levy received a huge bonus linked to the construction of the stadium before it was completed.

Levy, who has been at north London since 2001, earned £2.96 million at the north London club last term. This is way less than the amount he earned the season prior. In the 2018-19 season, Levy racked up £7 million. This exorbitant amount, however, also included a £3 million in connection with Spurs' £1 billion-worth new stadium development.

https://www.republicworld.com/sport...iel-levy-to-become-highest-paid-director.html

Note that in 2018 Spurs became the first club to have a no-transfer window (which would continue for another two windows) and the window we missed out on Grealish whose value would ballon a year later.

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/fo...tory-to-make-no-summer-signings-a3907961.html

Once again not disputing that the club is heading in the right direction, just that the owners/corporate staff are milking they club and fans more.

When was the outset again?

What design?

Nfl in mind?

When was the outset again?

What design?

Nfl in mind?

not sure, but it wouldn't matter to me if we didn't have that three no-transfer windows which were directly due to the costs of the stadium build when there were explicit promises by levy that finances for football and non-football matters were kept separate.

not sure, but it wouldn't matter to me if we didn't have that three no-transfer windows which were directly due to the costs of the stadium build when there were explicit promises by levy that finances for football and non-football matters were kept separate.

Yet allegedly poch was offered players like tielemans and turned them down.

Oh I don’t think it’s crap
I think it’s a prevailing theme which is why we have the ENIC out gang for example
I know lads who don’t go when it’s not going well and sell their tickets asap
There is no thick and thin wit my plenty of fans

But i do agree about the players
We’re a moments club
Because of those moments we could win cups but not leagues
You're assuming that summer of the fans only react when things aren't going wrll. There are some of us who do not rate ENIC management of the club and haven't done for a long time. There is no thick or thin for me. My feelingd about their strategy is long running.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

OK, 2.5X not triple

Levy owns part of the club
He could have taken money at any point so the bonus has always been irrelevant unless he spends it on a new yacht

I’ve been a procurement director on several stadiums and they used to be fixed price contracts. That’s changed with Brexit as no main contractor knew the material costs of imported products

as is always the way with us… timing is everything

Covid didn’t have an impact on the stadium cost just income

Last edited:
Yet allegedly poch was offered players like tielemans and turned them down.
And that was confirmed by several ex spurs players (Keane and Hoddle from memory were two who publicly said it)
But the old adage will be that maybe the ones offered weren’t good enough anyway

Simon Jordan's recent interview on the QSI meeting with Enic...He thinks Liverpool is a better target than Spurs for a new owner.

“Whether that leaves Daniel Levy in situ or not is another discussion. Tottenham as a football club have got all their ducks in a line, except on the pitch.

“Commercially, they produce the best outcomes in football a few years ago with the biggest profitability ever seen by a Premier League football club, and I think football full stop, at £130m.

“They’ve built a phenomenal stadium. Okay, there’s some debt against that but it’s the cheapest debt you can get as Daniel got it from the Covid relief scheme to get some money into the building along with the NFL money.”
I heard that interview
Weird that even Simon got it wrong about the debt

Only 3 of our managers have got it (under enic, only bill nich otherwise) . Some of the others stayed on longer than missing it.

But yes cl is huge for levy.
Jol, Rsmos, Redknapp, AVB, Sherwood, Pochettino, Mourinho.

Actually the pattern is probably more that the manager is allowed to miss CL in season 1. If it looks like he’ll miss it in season 2 onwards then he gets the tin-tack.

Last edited:
The no transfers in a window thing is massively overplayed, no way we are the only club to have done that, also no way it was the first time we’ve done it. In 140 odd years of the club there were surely many seasons where the squad was the same as the previous year.

Simon Jordan's recent interview on the QSI meeting with Enic...He thinks Liverpool is a better target than Spurs for a new owner.

“Whether that leaves Daniel Levy in situ or not is another discussion. Tottenham as a football club have got all their ducks in a line, except on the pitch.

“Commercially, they produce the best outcomes in football a few years ago with the biggest profitability ever seen by a Premier League football club, and I think football full stop, at £130m.

“They’ve built a phenomenal stadium. Okay, there’s some debt against that but it’s the cheapest debt you can get as Daniel got it from the Covid relief scheme to get some money into the building along with the NFL money.”
I suggest you go listen to his comments again

Actually the pattern is probably more that the manager is allowed to miss CL in season 1. If it looks like he’ll miss it in season 2 onwards then he gets the tin-tack.
I think the minimum is Europe
And that’s the expectation for a club that’s on the big 6 £££ wise

The no transfers in a window thing is massively overplayed, no way we are the only club to have done that, also no way it was the first time we’ve done it. In 140 odd years of the club there were surely many seasons where the squad was the same as the previous year.
‘Overplayed’ for a CL level PL team to not try to improve the squad at all between seasons??

How many years was jol with us? Ramos i think the concern was more about relegation. Redknapp we finished 4th. Avb got found out. Mourinho? Poch we were in cl.

Better than ndombelle.

not by any measurable metric

at the time, the nearest in the squad would have been Sissoko, who was quicker, stronger, smarter, and a much harder worker than the Belgian

which is probably why Poch said no thanks

letting the manager say no, is backing the manager too, that’s what Poch’s be brave comments were about, trusting the group we already had to improve

Back