• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

ENIC

But if you went there as a fan it would be have been a great experience
And genuinely memorable
I have a mate who went to the kappa cup in Seville… when ever we go away it’s what he talks about
I’m sorry mate, but that just highlights how starved of success we have been more than anything. As great and memorable as the Aldi Cup and Kappa Cup tournaments were of course:D….

I doubt anyone disagrees that is what we need. I think people disagree that ENIC will provide that.

Take this window - Arse spent 100m in the summer and will spend a brickton more on some Ukrainian kid who they have determined will improve them.

Are you confident we'll take the plunge on a 60m/70m player this window as Conte wants?

And if not, is that not proving that he isn't getting what he's asking for?

What are Contes quotes regarding the 60/70m signings?

It's a bit of a tricky one atm because there are a lot of holes in the team/squad - spending more on individuals reduces the amount of positions we can try to address. But then there is an argument that 2 genuine top level players could improve us more than 4 or 5 players bought in the bracket that brings more risk, but that approach isn't a guarantee of being more successful in terms of rebuilding the squad from where it is now so who knows.

I don't doubt that once our squad is in better shape with less work needing to be done we will start to spend big on individuals with more regularity, less transfers in needed = more money available to spend per transfer. That's what we tried to do with Ndombele & Lo Celso but the team needed more than a couple of expensive signings at that point.

I’m sorry mate, but that just highlights how starved of success we have been more than anything. As great and memorable as the Aldi Cup and Kappa Cup tournaments were of course:D….
Not really
Your forgetting that 99% of fans get no success
I know Saudi Sportswashing Machine fans whose highlight was winning the championship. They loved that season as they were able to go to new grounds and have new experiences

they will have more soon of course

success isn’t a right
It used to have to be earned but now it can just be brought

It's a bit of a tricky one atm because there are a lot of holes in the team/squad - spending more on individuals reduces the amount of positions we can try to address. But then there is an argument that 2 genuine top level players could improve us more than 4 or 5 players bought in the bracket that brings more risk, but that approach isn't a guarantee of being more successful in terms of rebuilding the squad from where it is now so who knows.

I don't doubt that once our squad is in better shape with less work needing to be done we will start to spend big on individuals with more regularity, less transfers in needed = more money available to spend per transfer. That's what we tried to do with Ndombele & Lo Celso but the team needed more than a couple of expensive signings at that point.

the club could choose to spend £60 or £70m on a couple of players a season as you say but that’s not the priority for this season

it’s weird because if we had finished 5th last season conte would have still had a successful one. By finishing higher the expectation changes

Not really
Your forgetting that 99% of fans get no success
I know Saudi Sportswashing Machine fans whose highlight was winning the championship. They loved that season as they were able to go to new grounds and have new experiences

they will have more soon of course

success isn’t a right
It used to have to be earned but now it can just be brought
You was talking about a pre season tournament being a highlight for a Spurs fan - that is nothing like winning the Championship.

All of the big clubs (ie ones that actually win trophies) also win pre season tournaments, and I don’t hear them go on about them - they recollect about their trips to Wembley etc. But each to their own…..

Basically he was saying we now have a decent squad. To improve we have to buy players of top quality. Each window.

You was talking about a pre season tournament being a highlight for a Spurs fan - that is nothing like winning the Championship.

All of the big clubs (ie ones that actually win trophies) also win pre season tournaments, and I don’t hear them go on about them - they recollect about their trips to Wembley etc. But each to their own…..
I’ve been to Wembley loads. Seen us lose many semis there despite having a better team IMO
It’s a crap experience
Too big and rarely any atmosphere
I’ve been to European games and had a great time
It’s maybe why other fans think fans of other clubs are entitled. Fans expect things but don’t want to go through the process to get them

I want trophies for sure but is also want the enjoyment along the way

Last edited:
I’ve been to Wembley loads. Seen us lose many semis there despite having a better team IMO
It’s a crap experience
Too big and rarely any atmosphere
I’ve been to European games and had a great time
It’s maybe why other fans think our fans are entitled as we expect things but don’t want to go through the process to get them
Wembley has been a rubbish experience because we almost always lose semis/finals there:D

I went Wembley vs Chelsea and was the best day out because we actually managed to win for once. Would certainly treasure it more next time, even if just the League Cup.

Spurs fans are constantly labelled as ‘having delusions of grandeur’. I’d say it’s mainly down to the fact we are in this unique position of consistently competing with the big boys, but having nothing to show for it. There is literally no other ‘big club’ that has the allergic reaction to winning trophies we do. What process did the likes of Emirates Marketing Project or Chelsea go through? If you can’t beat them, join them;)….

Wembley has been a rubbish experience because we almost always lose semis/finals there:D

I went Wembley vs Chelsea and was the best day out because we actually managed to win for once. Would certainly treasure it more next time, even if just the League Cup.

Spurs fans are constantly labelled as ‘having delusions of grandeur’. I’d say it’s mainly down to the fact we are in this unique position of consistently competing with the big boys, but having nothing to show for it. There is literally no other ‘big club’ that has the allergic reaction to winning trophies we do. What process did the likes of Emirates Marketing Project or Chelsea go through? If you can’t beat them, join them;)….
City took a reasonable amount of time considering their money
Remember we stopped them getting CL when we got in
Chelsea had over spent and were bankrupt before Roman came in so it’s a bit different

I would say we have a label because we are probably more famous for players over trophies

Hoddle, Waddle, Gazza, Ginola, Klinsmann, Bale, Modric etc...

The rhetoric thats then been written after about the fans is crap IMHO

I would say we have a label because we are probably more famous for players over trophies

Hoddle, Waddle, Gazza, Ginola, Klinsmann, Bale, Modric etc...

The rhetoric thats then been written after about the fans is crap IMHO
Oh I don’t think it’s crap
I think it’s a prevailing theme which is why we have the ENIC out gang for example
I know lads who don’t go when it’s not going well and sell their tickets asap
There is no thick and thin wit my plenty of fans

But i do agree about the players
We’re a moments club
Because of those moments we could win cups but not leagues

Oh I don’t think it’s crap
I think it’s a prevailing theme which is why we have the ENIC out gang for example
I know lads who don’t go when it’s not going well and sell their tickets asap

But i do agree about the players
We’re a moments club
Because of those moments we could win cups but not leagues

Yeh maybe, I always thing we notice it more because we are close to it, but if anything, in the grand scheme, we have been more patient than most and sat on our hands when it comes to frustration

Yeh maybe, I always thing we notice it more because we are close to it, but if anything, in the grand scheme, we have been more patient than most and sat on our hands when it comes to frustration

is that because we are obviously doing it the right way though, not taking short cuts and spending beyond our means?

is that because we are obviously doing it the right way though, not taking short cuts and spending beyond our means?
Until the stadium development affected player transfers.

We went three windows without buying though we were assured football finances would be unaffected by the stadium build.

Now that the stadium is built, we have not seen the benefits of increased business translating into a sustainable AND competitive transfer budget.

Sent from my SM-T865 using Fapatalk

We went three windows without buying though we were assured football finances would be unaffected by the stadium build.

Now that the stadium is built, we have not seen the benefits of increased business translating into a sustainable AND competitive transfer budget.

Really?

I think the last two years of transfers definitely have.

But we have
We are spending them money
It just takes time for the transformation to happen
And don’t forget Covid impact on the new ground
We have had 2 years in the ground in reality and our spending in that time has reflected that

But we have
We are spending them money
It just takes time for the transformation to happen
And don’t forget Covid impact on the new ground
We have had 2 years in the ground in reality and our spending in that time has reflected that
I don't think anyone disputes that transfers have increased since we've moved in. But the whole point is being competitive to win things. Which still isn't clear.

Boehly is an interesting comparison. Investing in on-field success before stadium build. Not oil money. Seems to understand the importance of talent and not compromise.

In thfc case the clear winners are the owners. Who have put their financial needs before the fans. The stadium cost control was a disaster... Triple what was budgeted... And somehow you have to pay it back. Thats why the three no-transfer window happened and while we've increased spending we've still not made up for it.

Yes it takes time but when will the fans see priority put on football? Enic decides on top priced tickets despite a bigger stadium so can expect the fans in the stadium come with top demands. Enic made their bed they have to sleep in it.

The biggest winners here are the owners, who leveraged the history of the club and teased the fans into giving more in the hope of winning things to build up their finances.

Sure it takes time but enic does not look to be in a hurry to win things. Of course as its risky and costs a lot of money.

That's my view of things as it stands so far. Who knows I might change my mind at the end of the Jan window and I'd be happy to support Enic when I see the owners start putting in real effort to assemble a team of quality that can compete for honours.

I don't think anyone disputes that transfers have increased since we've moved in. But the whole point is being competitive to win things. Which still isn't clear.

Boehly is an interesting comparison. Investing in on-field success before stadium build. Not oil money. Seems to understand the importance of talent and not compromise.

In thfc case the clear winners are the owners. Who have put their financial needs before the fans. The stadium cost control was a disaster... Triple what was budgeted... And somehow you have to pay it back. Thats why the three no-transfer window happened and while we've increased spending we've still not made up for it.

Yes it takes time but when will the fans see priority put on football? Enic decides on top priced tickets despite a bigger stadium so can expect the fans in the stadium come with top demands. Enic made their bed they have to sleep in it.

The biggest winners here are the owners, who leveraged the history of the club and teased the fans into giving more in the hope of winning things to build up their finances.

Sure it takes time but enic does not look to be in a hurry to win things. Of course as its risky and costs a lot of money.

That's my view of things as it stands so far. Who knows I might change my mind at the end of the Jan window and I'd be happy to support Enic when I see the owners start putting in real effort to assemble a team of quality that can compete for honours.

What more have the fans given?
We don’t own the club… it’s not our club despite what fans think
Triple the cost? Where have you got that from? The emirates cost £400m to build and ours quite a bit later was never going to cost that, especially not with the higher standards desired.
Ours cost around £750m to build and £200M for land and other costs etc… so just shy of a £B but it’s light hears better than anything out there and it’s attracting a corporate market relevant to that level

where do Enic get the money from to hurry up the process of improving the squad. That’s the one thing no one ever has an answer for. We need to spend more but no one can say where that comes from.

Boehly isn’t do the ground because he doesn’t own the bits he needs to do it. He also needs planning, financing, a design
What they are doing is buying a random mix of young players, some who may turn out to be great, for very high prices. They have commitment to so spend £1.75B on investing in the club and this is part of it

I’m always lost when these topics come up as some fans want us to buy players but can’t say how
They then blame the stadium and refer to the prices (Poole have choice there) forgetting that by your directly contributing to the profit needed to buy players

And then say we haven’t brought enough forgetting that in the last two windows we have brought in 11 players…. That’s whole team and it includes
Brazils number 9
Swedens player of the year and the best young attacker in Europe IMO
A World Cup winning centre back
The best CM outside of the top 6
A multi decorated wing back
A CM who literally has only had 2 seasons without a league title, and one of them was last season
The best young player in Serie A
The best right back in the championship

what do people actually expect?
Better results… maybe the manager has to have some blame there too

Dam it… you have made me defend ENIC now when I’d rather we had new richer owners

Simon Jordan's recent interview on the QSI meeting with Enic...He thinks Liverpool is a better target than Spurs for a new owner.

“Whether that leaves Daniel Levy in situ or not is another discussion. Tottenham as a football club have got all their ducks in a line, except on the pitch.

“Commercially, they produce the best outcomes in football a few years ago with the biggest profitability ever seen by a Premier League football club, and I think football full stop, at £130m.

“They’ve built a phenomenal stadium. Okay, there’s some debt against that but it’s the cheapest debt you can get as Daniel got it from the Covid relief scheme to get some money into the building along with the NFL money.”

Back