• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Emmanuel Adebayor - Officially gone \o/

FC Vaslui defender Serge Akakpo was badly wounded by bullets and lost blood, as was goalkeeper Kodjovi Obilalé. Alongside both players, Vice-President Gabriel Ameyi of the Fédération Togolaise de Football and seven members including a journalist and two team doctors were wounded. Emmanuel Adebayor said the attack was, "one of the worst things I've ever been through in my life." He had to carry his screaming teammates into the hospital as he was one of those least affected. Thomas Dossevi said, "It was a real hell. Twenty minutes of shots, of blood and fear," and Richmond Forson said, "The bus carrying the luggage was riddled. Maybe they thought we were there. Then they opened fire, even against our coaches. It was terrible." Dossevi said the team was "machine-gunned, like dogs."

From Wiki

I can't see how you can dismiss this as something that wouldn't affect his general state of mind and with it his form.

Rob - The reasons given by the club are family problems, PTSD has nothing to do with it. After the attack in 2010, he went on to play for Real Madrid and had that good (loan) season with us in 2011-12 so I don't think we should be thinking PTSD.

Anyway, he's back . Let's see what happens next .

I'm certain because , if

1) ...We're top of the league and the goals are flying in, and there's coloumns in the Marca that Real Madrid are wanting to sign Adebayor and up his wages to, £250,000 per week. Also, Ade is expected to lead his national team in the ACN next month.

2)...He's in a team that's struggling to find form and he can't deliver what he's paid to do, which is primarily to score goals. Also his national team are out of the ACN.

If #1 were true rather than #2 , then yes, I'm 100% certain there would be no personal problems.

Unbelievable and you clearly haven't got a clue

So taking that into account. That means we took a player on loan and after he scored 18 goals in one season with us we made a mistake in signing him?

Following on from that we've paid out that sum of money which at the end of this season would equate to a total of 20.6million. During this time he has produced a goal every 3 appearances. I'm struggling to see why he's a villain of the piece. Sure I've sat at the lane and bemoaned his distinct lack of movement against teams like Maribor who a player of his standard should really be tearing a new one. I've left moaning about his performance. I've said if we can get a better striker we should sell him. But never with malice towards the player as a person. Surely a striker who pulls on our shirt and scores 30 odd goals over a few seasons deserves at very least to leave the club with a pat on the back. Some fans have never accepted him and never would for whatever reason.

Exactly - I think we should be actively looking for a buyer for him but I find myself defending him constantly due to way OTT criticism 'he is an utter disgrace to the shirt..... He has 3 good games in total last season' blah blah

His overall record for has has been 1 goals in every 2.5 games and he has almost 30 assists in that time. I keep seeing how much he costs the club and what a waste of money but that is a solid return from a player who although inconsistent, has always worked hard at Spurs and has scored some very important goals in that time.

As for the amounts of money we have wasted on him, please reminds what 5m buys you these days? You'd do week to get David nugent for that. Shane long has gone for over 20m in the last year for Pete's sake.

People talk like 100k a week as if the rest of our players are on peanuts. Soldado, Lamela. Paulinho, capoue are all on big wages as our other memebers of this squad who have contributed little or nothing. We have Young professionals in our under 21s on 5-10k a week for crying out loud - you can't just take 100k out of context and ridicule him for it.

I am happy for him to be sold at the earliest opportunity but It is so obvious that a vast majority of fans were waiting for him to fail and grit their teeth until it's happened. I mean you would think his record would look like soldado's judging by his feedback.

Unbelievable and you clearly haven't got a clue

:eek:k:

The-Gullible-48000715912.png

Welcome back Ade.

Harry Kane ran 13.1 kilometers and made 4 tackles in his last game. If you're up to matching those numbers you could get a game.

Well, he's being reported back to training at least.

If it's all just stalling until we can get rid in January or if there's an actual plan to reintegrate him into the squad and starting line-ups only time will tell I suppose.

Would be surprised if he's involved at all this week. Hardly ideal preparation.

the order has changed.
I think it is clearly up to the player.
The manager runs the shop and is being supported from the top, the club's foundations are being built on a basis of youth not money signings. This is a young man's side not a star name's ride.
If he wants to be a part of it then absolutely I think he can be. But I don't think he will accept being the back-up to Kane, even though clearly, Kane deserves it.
One thing I cannot see is him being allowed to dictate anything anymore, whether that be forcing himself into the team or forcing himself out of the club and picking up the remainder of his contract.
I'm going to bet there's a serious determination that this not be allowed to happen.
I would be surprised if he is any more than a squaddie at best ever again. Poch has won a battle and the team have responded. Forward from here.
A shame really, because as many have sad, when this man wants it he is unplayable.

Rob - The reasons given by the club are family problems, PTSD has nothing to do with it. After the attack in 2010, he went on to play for Real Madrid and had that good (loan) season with us in 2011-12 so I don't think we should be thinking PTSD.

Anyway, he's back . Let's see what happens next .

Not necessarily saying PTSD, however, as with many mental illnesses, whatever it is was very unlikely to have reared it's head during the times you mentioned. With depression for example, while he was doing well it would've just been in the corner of his mind - it's when his form dips and everything isn't going so well that it can really get a hold.

I'm not saying for one minute that I think adebayor is suffering from this that or the other, I just think it's food for thought and something we, as a club, should at least consider as we offer the player our support.

As has been said before, stats wise he's done well, watching him play in the games which haven't improved his stats has been painful. The only thing I'm saying is that this doesn't make the bloke public enemy number one - just a player who has lost his way and is currently being outperformed on the pitch based on his most recent group of performances.

If we sell him I won't be too bothered but I also won't boo him on his return to the lane, let alone while he's still wearing our shirt. I've shouted for ****s sake more than my fair share of times along with other errrrm words of encouragement, but I don't agree with booing individual players unless they've stuck their fingers up at the shelf or something like that!

You're right though let's see what happens next...

Adebayor for me is third choice striker and it'll stay that way until he's sold and tucked off out of this club.

A shame really, as an on form Adebayor is an asset and we all know It.

Adebayor for me is third choice striker and it'll stay that way until he's sold and tucked off out of this club.

A shame really, as an on form Adebayor is an asset and we all know It.

This.

Ade on loan and 2nd half of last season, near World class, Ade on an off day, near infuriating.

Hopefully Poch can get him fit mentally and psychically ASAP as Kane will not be able to set distance records playing every 3 days. We need Ade, because we need Kane fit! Maybe the Juju will wear off by the weekend and he'll make the bench.

It's time he went, I still think he's far, far superior to Soldado but it's time to end this.

But you'd sell him over Soldado? Others saying he can be devastating on his day, but sell him? We need to keep the good players and sell the bad. Love him or hate him, he can be an important player for us. So would prefer we offload others who can't first.

But you'd sell him over Soldado? Others saying he can be devastating on his day, but sell him? We need to keep the good players and sell the bad. Love him or hate him, he can be an important player for us. So would prefer we offload others who can't first.

He can be an important player for us if he can be bothered and and liability when not. Poor Olde Bobby at least always puts in a shift and will not stop until he's subbed off in the 65th minute and it's clear the squad (and the fans) love him. It appears Ade is divisive and a bad apple/egg/seed.

Back