• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Emmanuel Adebayor - Officially gone \o/

60k a week = 3 million a year
100k = 5 million a year
130k = 6.5 million

There was probably a hefty sign on fee as well. It's not far off that in their time here Ade will have cost the club just as much as Soldado.
Players wages and signing on fees are combined when agents leak the financials to the press (makes the agent look better!) The signing on fee is referred to as a 'loyalty bonus' and is typically paid quarterly. If a player is sold without having asked for a transfer then the club are liable to pay the remaining installments of a players 'loyalty bonus'. If a player puts in a written transfer request and are sold then they forgo the remaining installments of their loyalty bonus. This is why players so rarely actually submit an official written transfer request even when they clearly want out. It is also why it is churlish when people look at the profit/loss we have made on transfer fees as any incoming fee will always have to be offset by the amounts eligible to the player departing (not to mention agents fees - which used to be met by the player being transferred but now seem to be paid by the clubs)

In Adebayor's case assuming he is on £100k a week from us (which I think is probably fair). I would imagine that around a quarter of that would be via his loyalty bonus. If we sell him in January without him putting in a transfer request then we'll have to pay up his loyalty bonuses as a lump sum - which I would guess is either £650k if his contract is up at the end of this season or almost £2 million if he has another season to run.

Player wages are usually reported after tax so that they can compare across borders.

So, let's be generous again and assume that Ade is only on £100K per week.

The club would have to pay him in the region of £190K per week for him to take home £100K and we'd also have to pay in the region of £25K per week employers NI. So the cost to the club would be £215K per week or just under £11.2M per year.

**Edit**

That's ignoring any other costs to the club like scheduling flights to drag his **** back home from a tournament that he chooses to play in, etc.

Player wages are generally negotiated (and reported) as gross figures here in the UK, but typically are negotiated as Net in many other countries.... I think this is perhaps because taxation in this country tends to remain reasonably stable but that is not so often the case overseas. I could tell you a few stories of overseas players coming to England who got a shock when they say how little they were being paid compared to what they thought they would be earning...

60k a week = 3 million a year
100k = 5 million a year
130k = 6.5 million

There was probably a hefty sign on fee as well. It's not far off that in their time here Ade will have cost the club just as much as Soldado.

Is soldado playing for free then?

But you'd sell him over Soldado? Others saying he can be devastating on his day, but sell him? We need to keep the good players and sell the bad. Love him or hate him, he can be an important player for us. So would prefer we offload others who can't first.

I would sell both, Ade because I just don't think he's right for the club moving forward and Soldado because I think he's a joke of a player. Kaboul, Capoue and Ade should go, they don't see to be buying into what Poch wants, Soldado and a few others should go because they're not good enough.

I may not agree with you on much, but I always had you down as a smart and fair guy.... Someone apart from the herd mentality, but the above is cringe worthy. Ade always works hard, I can't see how anyone can deny that... Say he has a bad first touch if you want, say he is inconsistent, say he has bad juju... But don't say he doesn't work hard....

Also bad Ade ... The one of the first 10 games this season has still contributed more than nogoaldo.

I can't believe people think Ade does work hard.

I don't think that's the standard in England.

Was discussed on Football Weekly at one point iirc. How it was common practice in some countries (Russia, France, Italy?), but not in others like England. Again, massive iirc.

It's common in Italy at least. You could say the club pays players' taxes for them, not that it makes much of a difference. Wages are coming down over there though to comply with FFP.

Player wages are generally negotiated (and reported) as gross figures here in the UK, but typically are negotiated as Net in many other countries.... I think this is perhaps because taxation in this country tends to remain reasonably stable but that is not so often the case overseas. I could tell you a few stories of overseas players coming to England who got a shock when they say how little they were being paid compared to what they thought they would be earning...

Ah, OK - thanks everyone.

So that makes Ade's annual cost somewhere between:

£4.7M + £650K ERS = £5.35M (@£90Kpw)
and
£7.8M + £1.1M ERS = £8.9M (@£150Kpw)

Plus the cost of private jets, etc. and all the other stuff we have to pay for just to make Ade do what he's already getting paid to do.

Anyone know if we pay image rights on top of that?

No, but he's on no more than half of what Ade is earning.

Wiki tells me he's on €4M pa which is about £3.2M or £62K pw.

Annual cost to Spurs of £3.64M + depreciation of (assuming he won't meet the targets that inflate his fee) around £3.75M = £7.4M

Factor in Ade's depreciation and he costs between £7.23M and £10.8M depending on whose account you believe on his wages (I take Ade's word for it and come up with £10.3M)

So Soldado is probably a good bit cheaper unless he becomes good enough to trigger the transfer cost clauses and then I assume we won't care because he'll be worth it.

None of this takes into account income in the form of shirt sales, etc (not sure about image right deals) but I'm not sure there are too many kids running around with "Adebenchwarmer" on their backs.

EDIT:

Ade's actually on a 3 year contract compared to Soldado's 4, so he depreciates quicker - figures above edited.

Annual cost to Spurs of £3.64M + depreciation of (assuming he won't meet the targets that inflate his fee) around £3.75M = £7.4M

Factor in Ade's depreciation and he costs between £6.75M and £10.3M depending on whose account you believe on his wages (I take Ade's word for it and come up with £10.3M)

So Soldado is probably a good bit cheaper unless he becomes good enough to trigger the transfer cost clauses and then I assume we won't care because he'll be worth it.

None of this takes into account income in the form of shirt sales, etc (not sure about image right deals) but I'm not sure there are too many kids running around with "Adebenchwarmer" on their backs.

To sum things up they are both a waste of a ****load of money

Harry Kane's agent must be salivating

Last edited:

Factor in Ade's depreciation and he costs between £6.75M and £10.3M depending on whose account you believe on his wages (I take Ade's word for it and come up with £10.3M)

We could get a decent fee for Soldado if we sold him to a la liga club. Ade will go for a token 1 or 2m.

We could get a decent fee for Soldado if we sold him to a la liga club. Ade will go for a token 1 or 2m.

You said the same in Lamela thread i don't know where you think these clubs are going to magically pop up and offer us huge fees for Lamela and Soldado. Lamela is at least young so we could probably recoup some money on him but still don't see him going for anything over 10 to 12 m Soldado (maybe) 3 to 4 mill

Factor in Ade's depreciation and he costs between £7.23M and £10.8M depending on whose account you believe on his wages (I take Ade's word for it and come up with £10.3M)

EDIT:

Ade's actually on a 3 year contract compared to Soldado's 4, so he depreciates quicker - figures above edited.

Let me guess this straight - you are creating a whole set of financial data based upon made up figures to work out exact costs per player. I was trying to point out that whilst he is likely our top earner, it isn't a great deal more than others. As for his wages, he waited to get paid off by City so that he took the massive decrease in wages with us and it was widely reported that Levy agreed to 100k a week. Regardless he will have cost us less than many of our players and to say ' 90% of the time he plays like a League 2 player' doesn't make any sense when he is approaching 40 goals and 25 assists in a little over 100 games for us............ his return has been fine and my point was meant to show that in terms of value for money, he is way down the list of people to point your finger at.

Ade has contributed to the cause for ffs. Yes most people hate him and always will but it is absolute lunacy to start to compare him to a complete embarrassment in Bob who has been one of the most tragic wastes of money in Prem history. This little passage of posts are crazy

Also to add - I want him sold at the earliest opportunity.

BUT he gets so much BS thrown at him I find myself defending him. He is infuriating, hit and miss, wasteful at times in front of goal, enigmatic etc etc..... but he has been a pretty decent player for us and deserves a hell of a lot more respect than he gets on here

Also to add - I want him sold at the earliest opportunity.

BUT he gets so much BS thrown at him I find myself defending him. He is infuriating, hit and miss, wasteful at times in front of goal, enigmatic etc etc..... but he has been a pretty decent player for us and deserves a hell of a lot more respect than he gets on here

Respect?

mcenroe.jpg

Ade has contributed to the cause for ffs. Yes most people hate him and always will but it is absolute lunacy to start to compare him to a complete embarrassment in Bob who has been one of the most tragic wastes of money in Prem history. This little passage of posts are crazy

That's scara for you.

Honestly I'm not content with either of them. If we can replace them both in January that would be fine with me. If we can upgrade on one of them that would be awesome.
This, sadly. I think we all like Bob and want him to succeed, but it isn't happening. Ade's always been divisive and will continue to be, I'd rather he was someone else's problem at this point.

Back