• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Emmanuel Adebayor - Officially gone \o/

Adebayor is popular amongst the players - there is no split between groups of players and Ade hasn't been disruptive around the club by all accounts.

Clearly he has some serious mental issues going on - very strange for the club to let him go and tbh people should have a little sympathy regardless of what they think of him. Because he is rich and plays football, that mean's he has no right to be mentally damaged i guess?

LCLC - Methinks it's about time you stopped defending the indefensible, stop it now! [-X

All this baggage that comes with Adebayor is all nonsense and it's why any club that has ambition to compete with the best, will choose to avoid. Levy has been a fool regarding Adebayor and he should've listened to AVB and sold him on (ironically, AVB is someone you label a fraud #-o ).

@JamesMawFFT: #THFC with Adebayor: 9 PL goals in 678 mins. #THFC without Adebayor: 9 PL goals in 672 mins. *shrugs*

https://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/news/football-pochettino-ok-adebayor-absence-182615405--sow.html
Pochettino confirmed upon arriving at the Ataturk Olimpiyat Stadium that it was a family-related matter and that the striker had requested permission to return home.

"When you have a problem, your mind is not quite... it is a difficult to give your best," the Spurs boss said.

"I have always told you that players are human. Many problems happen and it is important to fix this type of problem because always family is important.

"But we hope when he comes back he will be ready to start training and to help the team."

Pochettino rejected talk Adebayor could be absent throughout the Christmas period and went as far as suggesting there was a small chance he may be back for this weekend's trip to Swansea.

The former Argentina international admits that is unlikely, but played down the impact his absence could have over the hectic festive period.

"Yes, it is an important time but we need to understand that the players are people," Pochettino said.

"They need to fix when family matters happen and you need to sort it. If not, it is difficult to give the best.

"After, yes, we know we have ahead a lot of games. It is a very busy period, but the first [thing] always is if you are okay, if you are ready, if you are in your mind clear.

"When things like that happen, it is very difficult for the player and it is important. Maybe we lose three or four days in training, but you win a lot because if not the problem is always in his mind and it is difficult to break this cycle.

"Now, it is important that he takes time, sorts out the problem and when he is back is ready to train and be available."

Last edited:
Would love it if Pochettino said "yeah, he has to sort out the juju"

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk

Regardless of any of that, there has been a sea change in attitudes all round. The manager is running the club and the chairman is backing him. Look, Poch is no idiot, if he HAS to use him again, he would. But I don't think he will have to, and I suspect there is a sense of relief all round. I think we will get another striker in and then what will be will be. I feel a tad sorry for Ade as he clearly has a lot of 'home' pressure on his shoulders. I suspect he is responsible for a small army of people back home, and further, i suspect there are thieves and users in the gaggle of people expecting him to pay for their lives. Such a talent. What a shame he couldn't have focussed himself and developed i to the striker that was so possible.

Regardless of any of that, there has been a sea change in attitudes all round. The manager is running the club and the chairman is backing him. Look, Poch is no idiot, if he HAS to use him again, he would. But I don't think he will have to, and I suspect there is a sense of relief all round. I think we will get another striker in and then what will be will be. I feel a tad sorry for Ade as he clearly has a lot of 'home' pressure on his shoulders. I suspect he is responsible for a small army of people back home, and further, i suspect there are thieves and users in the gaggle of people expecting him to pay for their lives. Such a talent. What a shame he couldn't have focussed himself and developed i to the striker that was so possible.

While I admire your humanity Steff would you feel the same if you were paying his wages, his ability if he applied it to its full ability would make a massive change to the chance of success for our club, it must affect our other players to see him cause so much disruption.
I think the time of excuses for Ade has long gone.

Last edited:
While I admire your humanity Steff would you feel the same if you were paying his wages, his ability if he applied it to its full ability would make a massive change to the chance of success for our club, it must affect our other players to see him cause so much disruption.
I think the time of excuses for Ade has long gone.

No.
I don't believe I suggested as such mate.
It's time he was off, I reached that conclusion about 5 weeks ago, based on my eyes and what I had heard from trusted sources (you've seen my posts I'm guessing?). Happy to see THIS Adebayor marginalized, but I still think it's a sad waste of a tremendous talent and yes, I feel sorry for anyone who is so obviously tortured. PERSONALLY I still believe that shooting incident changed him yet further...

Telegraph says a close relative is seriously ill.
More likely his mother is cookoo and they are saying seriously ill, which in mental terms she is seriously ill.

seriously ill you do think straight away as life threatening, but I'll stick with the juju.. Sectioning opinion.

what would be fooked up is if his mother put juju on one of his brothers and he ill.

Don't know why but I keep thinking this

[video=youtube_share;JwluvJJfro4]http://youtu.be/JwluvJJfro4[/video]

Last edited:
Er..... sorry... what is this juju ? I must have missed that day in class. Thanks
Juju*or*Ju-Ju*is a word of either*West Africanor*French*origin[1]*used previously by Europeans to describe*traditional West African religions.[2]*Today it refers specifically to objects, such as amulets, and spells used superstitiously as part of*witchcraft*in*West Africa.[3]

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Juju

No.
I don't believe I suggested as such mate.
It's time he was off, I reached that conclusion about 5 weeks ago, based on my eyes and what I had heard from trusted sources (you've seen my posts I'm guessing?). Happy to see THIS Adebayor marginalized, but I still think it's a sad waste of a tremendous talent and yes, I feel sorry for anyone who is so obviously tortured. PERSONALLY I still believe that shooting incident changed him yet further...

Hell of a shame for us, on his day he is unplayable and to replace him would be upwards of £20mill.

Severe Mental illness IS life threatening. Whatever the problem I hope he and his family find some sort of satisfactory solution. People are more important than football. If I based my entire decision on football I'd have sold him ages ago but factoring in the human element I'm glad the club are doing all they can to support him. Before anyone says what choice do we have I'd ask that, bearing in mind this is another human being, what other options should we really be considering?

Severe Mental illness IS life threatening. Whatever the problem I hope he and his family find some sort of satisfactory solution. People are more important than football. If I based my entire decision on football I'd have sold him ages ago but factoring in the human element I'm glad the club are doing all they can to support him. Before anyone says what choice do we have I'd ask that, bearing in mind this is another human being, what other options should we really be considering?

Sell him. He's not just a person, he's an asset and an expense - a low value asset with a very high running cost at that.

In future, include a brief mental health check in the medical. "Do you believe in Juju?" "Yes" "There's the door"

BTW, before all the empathy victims start complaining. I'm not suggesting that we sell him because he's gone home, I'm suggesting that him needing to go home shouldn't stop us selling him.

I wish him well, but we need to get as much money for him as possible ASAP and bring a decent striker in who is commited to the club!

There is a radio interview here with Adebayor explaining about his house and mother and juju, but I can't understand his accent and machine gun delivery

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...s-believing-mother-placed-Juju-curse-him.html

I can understand it mate

He's saying his mum keeps saying his work will not go forward. He says to his mum if she wants anything all she has to do is ask so stop talking talking talking, stop doing ju-ju on me. In response to claims from his sister that he used to be responsible for the family he says he bought a 1.2 million house for his sister to live in and when he returned from London there were people in the house because she had rented it out.

Sell him. He's not just a person, he's an asset and an expense - a low value asset with a very high running cost at that.

In future, include a brief mental health check in the medical. "Do you believe in Juju?" "Yes" "There's the door"

BTW, before all the empathy victims start complaining. I'm not suggesting that we sell him because he's gone home, I'm suggesting that him needing to go home shouldn't stop us selling him.

Financially we also have other assets of which a vast number of have stated respect for adebayor, we are protecting our collective assets. We are also putting to bed this image of us created by modric and bales agents with the whole "they're making me stay but I don't want to, they're inhuman" thing.

It's embarrassing for the club but I feel we're dealing with it appropriately, if a suitor comes forward with an acceptable offer then by all means put that on the table for the player but don't just hang him out to dry. What message does that send out to other players, especially the west Africans. Players know we can be no pushovers if we want to be, what's wrong with supporting a person? If it benefits him then his market value will be improved anyway!!

Back