• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Emmanuel Adebayor - Officially gone \o/

Financially we also have other assets of which a vast number of have stated respect for adebayor, we are protecting our collective assets. We are also putting to bed this image of us created by modric and bales agents with the whole "they're making me stay but I don't want to, they're inhuman" thing.

It's embarrassing for the club but I feel we're dealing with it appropriately, if a suitor comes forward with an acceptable offer then by all means put that on the table for the player but don't just hang him out to dry. What message does that send out to other players, especially the west Africans. Players know we can be no pushovers if we want to be, what's wrong with supporting a person? If it benefits him then his market value will be improved anyway!!

In that kind of environment everyone loves a clown - that's not conducive to a professional atmosphere though. Players may initially be unhappy about selling him but that won't last - probably won't last past the next pay cheque.

I don't think it's necessarily embarrassing for the club, it's just a waste of our money and a bad example that people can let their disruptive home lives damage their performance at work.

Selling him I have no issue with, as I say, if the right offer comes in. But in the meantime we are protecting our asset by being as supportive as we can be. Ju-ju isn't such a big deal - in the western world we have people who suggest positive thinking can improve your life, well this is the flip side, negative is suggested to have a negative effect. A study was done on plants where they were grown in a controlled environment and some were left alone, some were spoken to nicely and some were spoken to nastily (dumbed down easy to tune version!) and you can guess the outcome.

Who-honestly-would take him now? He has issues of that there is no doubt. In the real world would you employ a person with those kind of issues no matter how humanitarian it would be deemed? I doubt it.
Tottenham is a business and based on that fact alone, I think we will struggle to move him on

Who-honestly-would take him now? He has issues of that there is no doubt. In the real world would you employ a person with those kind of issues no matter how humanitarian it would be deemed? I doubt it.
Tottenham is a business and based on that fact alone, I think we will struggle to move him on

We should be able to release him in June (the one year extension to his contract should be at our discretion).

We should be able to release him in June (the one year extension to his contract should be at our discretion).

If that's the case, we should cut our losses and pay him off now .

It's all a load of nonsense due to his own failings as a footballer and his blameless attitude. He's not scoring goals and Togo have been dumped out of the ACN.

He's fallen out with a few in the dressing room, he's recently had a go at the home supporters and having seen how his pal BAE is milking us , he's now doing the same .

It's all Adebayor bull**** nothing else - he wants out and he wants his contract money fully paid up.

Silly boy Mr Levy , silly boy .

Last edited:
Well, let's not trouble him any further. It would be so horribly unfair to expect him to put a shirt on (or have someone put him into one), to tie his boots up (albeit belatedly and on the wrong pair) and run around in the expected bad weather.

He's back at home, where his heart is.

Best leave him there.

He has too many issues. They may well be real to him but he is no good to us as a club and someone like him makes no financial sense to keep. Any business would look to remove someone like him. It's the practical thing to do. Compassion would come in to it for some poor guy. He is a multi millionaire.

He has too many issues. They may well be real to him but he is no good to us as a club and someone like him makes no financial sense to keep. Any business would look to remove someone like him. It's the practical thing to do. Compassion would come in to it for some poor guy. He is a multi millionaire.

Or we stick by him and when he comes back, he very well maybe bad a.s.s Ade again

As one of his biggest critics I'd love nothing more than to see him return in January and bang in 10 goals or so.

I'd love him to come back in and stop being an (apparent) c*nt: the goals are a bonus, but a non-disruptive Ade who listens to the manager and stops dividing the dressing room would be worth his weight in gold, goals or no goals.

If that's the case, we should cut our losses and pay him off now .

It's all a load of nonsense due to his own failings as a footballer and his blameless attitude. He's not scoring goals and Togo have been dumped out of the ACN.

He's fallen out with a few in the dressing room, he's recently had a go at the home supporters and having seen how his pal BAE is milking us , he's now doing the same .

It's all Adebayor bull**** nothing else - he wants out and he wants his contract money fully paid up.

Silly boy Mr Levy , silly boy .

And you know for certain how?

The club has always been pretty transparent when it comes to our players - we announced exactly what Berbatov, Modric and Bale were up to so we're not to be messed with in that sense. But the club have made a statement of support in this case. Surely they would call it as it is, which is exactly what they would appear to have done.

As for the man himself, he's an enigma - when his head's in the right place he's up there in the very highest class but that happens infrequently due to a hell of a lot that has gone on in his personal life. That's no different if you're a millionaire or if you don't have a penny - emotional issues hit us all the same. He's said he is home at Tottenham and he's scored some important goals for us so although his poor performances seemingly outweighing his good, he deserves the chance to get his house in order and hopefully come out of it the other side as the player he can be. If not, sell him. If we get an offer now that the club deems acceptable then fine. But if this isn't a behavioural problem but a series of outside issues that ANY of us would have trouble dealing with then why should we be looking to get rid if we believe there is an opportunity to fix it. If he is popular, which regardless of the unsubstantiated rumours, he is because that was why he was made vice captain. That has been substantiated. Then it is for the benefit of the whole team to do all we can for him as we appear to be doing.

Or we stick by him and when he comes back, he very well maybe bad a.s.s Ade again
It isn't worth it. Not on his wages. It makes business sense to get rid. He is a complete loose cannon. He can go awol with form and then personal crap.

We need a reliable number 9 who really isn't distracted by other issues. Never going to happen with Ade.

It isn't worth it. Not on his wages. It makes business sense to get rid. He is a complete loose cannon. He can go awol with form and then personal crap.

We need a reliable number 9 who really isn't distracted by other issues. Never going to happen with Ade.

Agreed. Ade can never be trusted to be consistent. Not just in terms of goals (very few strikers can), but in terms of work rate, effort, willingness to even bleeding try.

Top player on form, but just not on form often enough.

Agreed. Ade can never be trusted to be consistent. Not just in terms of goals (very few strikers can), but in terms of work rate, effort, willingness to even bleeding try.

Top player on form, but just not on form often enough.
The thing is that if he was on peanuts you wouldn't mind. He is reportedly the highest earner at the club. You can get two strikers in on his wages.

And you know for certain how?

The club has always been pretty transparent when it comes to our players - we announced exactly what Berbatov, Modric and Bale were up to so we're not to be messed with in that sense. But the club have made a statement of support in this case. Surely they would call it as it is, which is exactly what they would appear to have done.

As for the man himself, he's an enigma - when his head's in the right place he's up there in the very highest class but that happens infrequently due to a hell of a lot that has gone on in his personal life. That's no different if you're a millionaire or if you don't have a penny - emotional issues hit us all the same. He's said he is home at Tottenham and he's scored some important goals for us so although his poor performances seemingly outweighing his good, he deserves the chance to get his house in order and hopefully come out of it the other side as the player he can be. If not, sell him. If we get an offer now that the club deems acceptable then fine. But if this isn't a behavioural problem but a series of outside issues that ANY of us would have trouble dealing with then why should we be looking to get rid if we believe there is an opportunity to fix it. If he is popular, which regardless of the unsubstantiated rumours, he is because that was why he was made vice captain. That has been substantiated. Then it is for the benefit of the whole team to do all we can for him as we appear to be doing.

I'm certain because , if

1) ...We're top of the league and the goals are flying in, and there's coloumns in the Marca that Real Madrid are wanting to sign Adebayor and up his wages to, £250,000 per week. Also, Ade is expected to lead his national team in the ACN next month.

2)...He's in a team that's struggling to find form and he can't deliver what he's paid to do, which is primarily to score goals. Also his national team are out of the ACN.

If #1 were true rather than #2 , then yes, I'm 100% certain there would be no personal problems.

I'm certain because , if

1) ...We're top of the league and the goals are flying in, and there's coloumns in the Marca that Real Madrid are wanting to sign Adebayor and up his wages to, £250,000 per week. Also, Ade is expected to lead his national team in the ACN next month.

2)...He's in a team that's struggling to find form and he can't deliver what he's paid to do, which is primarily to score goals. Also his national team are out of the ACN.

If #1 were true rather than #2 , then yes, I'm 100% certain there would be no personal problems.

FC Vaslui defender Serge Akakpo was badly wounded by bullets and lost blood, as was goalkeeper Kodjovi Obilalé. Alongside both players, Vice-President Gabriel Ameyi of the Fédération Togolaise de Football and seven members including a journalist and two team doctors were wounded. Emmanuel Adebayor said the attack was, "one of the worst things I've ever been through in my life." He had to carry his screaming teammates into the hospital as he was one of those least affected. Thomas Dossevi said, "It was a real hell. Twenty minutes of shots, of blood and fear," and Richmond Forson said, "The bus carrying the luggage was riddled. Maybe they thought we were there. Then they opened fire, even against our coaches. It was terrible." Dossevi said the team was "machine-gunned, like dogs."

From Wiki

I can't see how you can dismiss this as something that wouldn't affect his general state of mind and with it his form.

FC Vaslui defender Serge Akakpo was badly wounded by bullets and lost blood, as was goalkeeper Kodjovi Obilalé. Alongside both players, Vice-President Gabriel Ameyi of the Fédération Togolaise de Football and seven members including a journalist and two team doctors were wounded. Emmanuel Adebayor said the attack was, "one of the worst things I've ever been through in my life." He had to carry his screaming teammates into the hospital as he was one of those least affected. Thomas Dossevi said, "It was a real hell. Twenty minutes of shots, of blood and fear," and Richmond Forson said, "The bus carrying the luggage was riddled. Maybe they thought we were there. Then they opened fire, even against our coaches. It was terrible." Dossevi said the team was "machine-gunned, like dogs."

From Wiki

I can't see how you can dismiss this as something that wouldn't affect his general state of mind and with it his form.

We would have knew all this before we bought him. I mean he was here for a season on loan. It's really says something about our past recruitment procedures.

5m fee and 5.2m plus in wages every year for a truly consistent player. Yet nearly everyone here was in favour.

So taking that into account. That means we took a player on loan and after he scored 18 goals in one season with us we made a mistake in signing him?

Following on from that we've paid out that sum of money which at the end of this season would equate to a total of 20.6million. During this time he has produced a goal every 3 appearances. I'm struggling to see why he's a villain of the piece. Sure I've sat at the lane and bemoaned his distinct lack of movement against teams like Maribor who a player of his standard should really be tearing a new one. I've left moaning about his performance. I've said if we can get a better striker we should sell him. But never with malice towards the player as a person. Surely a striker who pulls on our shirt and scores 30 odd goals over a few seasons deserves at very least to leave the club with a pat on the back. Some fans have never accepted him and never would for whatever reason.

After kicking Ju-Ju ass in West Africa , he's back and raring to go ....

images

Back