• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Emmanuel Adebayor - Officially gone \o/

I know his decision to leave (and the manner in which he conducted himself at the time) were abhorrent, but I still find it such a shame that now papers like the Guardian are doing comedy mock-ups to laugh and point at him with... would NEVER had happened had he stayed with us (because all the comedy mock-ups were of Hilarious Goomess at the time!!)

Last edited:
Very similar. Mentioned it a few times, I think, particularly in relation to the criticism they both get from fans. Hopefully, by now, people have realised why a less prolific striker with a greater overall contribution, such as these Adebayor/Kanoute, is preferable to a (theoretically) more prolific one that contributes fudge all else (e.g. Defoe).

Hopefully, we can find a way to keep him, because it will be nigh on impossible to find a player, within our reach, with his all round skill set. Not one of the alternatives I've seen mentioned, that we should supposedly get as a superior alternative, fit his profile at all.

You can't compare Berbs and Ade.

Berbatov was miles ahead; Ade has been good but people are forgetting how good Berbasex was.

Berbatov was not miles ahead at all. He was an exquisite player, very talented and a pleasure to watch. But we forgave and ignored a lot of his faults imo. Adebayor may not be as pleasing on the eye but he is, at least, pretty much as effective as Berbatov.

Berbatov was not miles ahead at all. He was an exquisite player, very talented and a pleasure to watch. But we forgave and ignored a lot of his faults imo. Adebayor may not be as pleasing on the eye but he is, at least, pretty much as effective as Berbatov.

Ade currently has more assists than Berbatov has ever had in a Premier League season, and has scored more than Berbatov did in his first season with us. He only needs two more goals to match Berbatov's best goalscoring season with us in the league.

To be fair to Berbatov though, he was playing in a far worse side than we have now.

Couldn't care less about Berbatov or Kanoute to be honest, the past is the past and whilst we had great times with Berbatov (our last trophy win in fact), I think we've played much better football with Adebayor up top then we did when we had with either of these two men..

Still who remembers that goal at the Etihad from the edge of the box, absolute screamer into the top corner. Only time I've been to the Etihad, I'm proud of my 100% record there.

One of my favourite memories actually of the last few years as I havent been to many 'big' away wins.

Also remember that handball against Liverpool, swear he tried to make us lose that night. Was one of the most stupid hand balls I've ever seen.

Berbatov played in a midfield with Tainio, Steed Malbranque, Zokora and Jenas.

Adebayor plays with Luka Modric, Gareth Bale, Van der Vaart and Scott Parker

Last edited:
Berbatov sits on the bench behind Welbeck and Hernandez for the arguably the best manager in the world. His PL days are numbered, and the sooner he f#cks off to Anzi the better. Sick of hearing that c#nts name on here every five minutes.

He went to "play" for his dream club and people need to get over it. He's not coming back.Levy told the world that he refused to play, so whatever anyone may believe is irrelevant......because Levy believes it, and thats what matters.

Berbatov played in a fairly crap team and people wonder why he stood out and was admired so much? He wouldnt mean as much to us now anyway, and our team would attack while he would be lagging behind, 10 meters off play. The exact reason he's not in Man Us plans.

While Ade may not be as adventurous as Id like him to be, and doesnt have the same first touch as Kanoute, I rate his contribution to the team as one of the most important signings of the last decade, in our best team for 25yrs.

He has removed "Playing for Tottenham" from his twitter profile?

I don't think we will see him again this season :(

Underrated Adebayor

Only our player for the next two games!

Unfortunately I don't think we'll sign him but if we have the chance we need to do whatever we can to get him in.

Now up to a seriously respectable goal tally with a bucket load of assists. If Emirates Marketing Project hadn't loaned him to us there is absolutely no way we'd be sitting anywhere near top four. It's going to take one hell of a replacement to give us as much as he has this year.

Despite his bad press he has only really gone missing in a couple of games this season, notably liverpool away. He's deceptively quick as well and just tops of the whole team with some real presence and menace.

I know some don't rate him but lets see how we all feel about him in two games time. That's a bloody big hole in the squad to replace. It'll be interesting to see what happens.

Just Defoe and saha on the books :~

Has been our best striker since Berbatov. Can only hope that we manage to keep him or find someone equally good or better. I fear that won't be the case, but hey - optimism and all that!

Unless he takes a massive pay-cut (unlikely) we'd stand little chance. So it's one of the lotto winners across Europe next most likely as I cannot see another PL club which can afford him and require his services at the same time

Rafa volunteered to sub his wages to help us keep him!

I think his importance in knitting our front 4 together is incredibly undervalued. I really don't care if he's not scoring himself if he's bringing in Rafa, Bale and Lennon the way he does.

I also don't see any better options out there for us (considering his fee will be under ?ú10m too). As well as being big and strong, he is mobile, which is why he will thrive whilst someone like Carroll (and IMO Llorente) will struggle.

What I would do though is bring in another #9 to understudy/compete him who is better in front of goal (e.g. Leandro).

Btw Saha is out of contract after these two games too (and hopefully wont be kept on).

Agree with GB above. Adebayor and an understudy who is not dissimilar in style would be ideal

Wages aside, Adebayor will be cheap and very gett-able, in contrast to the usual names which people on here say that we should sign every year

He simply has not impressed me with the numerous chances he misses. And I get irritated that people come up with the lame excuse that his assists make up for the number of goals he has failed to score. For ?ú100K a week I would expect better, yet he wants nearer ?ú170K

Back