• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Emmanuel Adebayor - Officially gone \o/

Yes he did, I remember seeing the interview somewhere.

He said he came from nothing and that he does not chase money, just wants to play football where he feels wanted and is happy (or words to that effect)

I read that interview, sure he said he just wanted to play football but no where in that interview did he say anything about taking a pay cut. To be honest it does not really matter, if he does not take a pay cut he will not be plying his trade in a Spurs shirt next season

I disagree. He is a top striker and once he has a permanent place that he loves I'm sure we will see a better player. Best striker we have had in a few years, since Berbatov

I agree that he is the best since Berbatov. Berbatov, whilst be a quality player, was also a bit profligate in front of goal. We aren't going to get top players to come for a number of reasons so I think Ade is the best we have a chance of landing. His pace and power give him a different dynamic to players like Berbatov, not better, not worse imo. They both had a similar calibre in front of goal (ish - Berba was obviously capable of producing moments of magic) and I think in our current team it could be argued that an on form and firing Ade is more complementary than the sort of silky sulky no defending of Berba. Just throwing it out there.

If we can't get Ade, hope we try and bring Dimitar back. Still a hell of a player, probably much more aligned to our budget too!

No fcuking way. Apart from the fact that a combination of VDV and Berbatov gives us zero pace from our two forwards, more importantly I have not forgotten the way he forced himself out of the club

I agree that he is the best since Berbatov. Berbatov, whilst be a quality player, was also a bit profligate in front of goal. We aren't going to get top players to come for a number of reasons so I think Ade is the best we have a chance of landing.

Depends on what you mean by top players. First of all if we finished 4th and Munich won the CL would you not expect Levy to bring in a few quality players? I would

Saudi Sportswashing Machine have been able to bring in quality players over the past year or two and they are not in the CL. If they can do it why not us? I guess they have a good chief scout, yeah the one we let go to Saudi Sportswashing Machine. The point is there are players you can sign without breaking the bank. And why not spend ?ú20m on a top striker if he is worth it? If we don't we may be left behind.

Harry Redknapp wants Emmanuel Adebayor at Tottenham long term

Tottenham boss Harry Redknapp wants to sign Emmanuel Adebayor on a permanent deal after a successful loan spell.

The Togolese striker, 28, scored twice in Wednesday's 4-1 win at Bolton to maintain Spurs's chances of reaching the Champions League next season.

The money they earn from qualifying for Europe's elite competition could help to sign Adebayor from Emirates Marketing Project.

"Of course I would [sign him]. I love Adebayor. He's a real character and a good player," said Redknapp.

"We'll see what the summer holds. I've not spoken to the chairman yet, Daniel Levy has been busy, but when he gets back we'll sit down and have a chat, but Adebayor has done very well for us."

Spurs are fourth in the Premier League, ahead of Saudi Sportswashing Machine on goal difference and a point behind third-placed Arsenal with two games left.

Adebayor has scored 16 goals this season to play a crucial part in Tottenham's push for the top four.

He moved to White Hart Lane on loan last summer after a fall-out with Emirates Marketing Project boss Roberto Mancini, having spent the second half of the previous season on loan at Spanish giants Real Madrid.

Meanwhile, Redknapp said he was monitoring Ajax skipper Jan Vertonghen.

"He's a player I've watched, he's a very good player," said Redknapp of the Belgian defender.

"But there are lots of clubs interested in him. We've not spoken to the club, he's just a player I've watched along with loads of other players this year."

16 goals and 11 assists in 34 games for us - plus he's been vital in our link up play as well.

Yes, he's missed many sitters as well, but I'd still sign him permanently easily. Best striker at the club at the moment.

16 goals and 11 assists in 34 games for us - plus he's been vital in our link up play as well.

Yes, he's missed many sitters as well, but I'd still sign him permanently easily. Best striker at the club at the moment.

That does not say a lot

I'd like to take him permanently too but we have to be realistic, he is on ?ú225,000 right now, he would have to drop somewhere in the region of ?ú120,000-?ú130,000 per week to sign for us. I dont think he would do that somehow. We have City and their lotto win to thanks for that.

When you look it like that, maybe we do want to keep him next year :lol: I do think we need another option, a more reliable option.

Personally I'd like to keep Ade and sign a new striker who is better than the ones we have.

Saha will likely go, Defoe as well considering he doesn't get much playing time, which means we'll probably have to sign two new strikers - unless we want to rely on Ade, VDV, new striker for the season.

I'd like to take him permanently too but we have to be realistic, he is on ?ú225,000 right now, he would have to drop somewhere in the region of ?ú120,000-?ú130,000 per week to sign for us. I dont think he would do that somehow. We have City and their lotto win to thanks for that.

He simply is not worth that kind of money, not remotely. If I were generous I would offer ?ú100K a week but that would be generous.

If we kept Adebayor I would be gutted if there was no plan to sign a striker of at least equivalent, but preferably higher standard. We really need someone in the class of Rooney, Cisse, RVP, Aguero/Tevez or Drogba (or at least with that kind of potential)

This is the sort of comment which I found astounding. We categorically will NOT be able to sign someone of that standard until we can pay the sort of 150k per week wages which they would get elsewhere. The only hope would be to unearth a gem like we did with Berbatov, however for everyone like that there's a dozen Kezman, Arshavin, Rebrov, Postigas etc etc

Adebayor would be about the best we can get at the moment so should snap him up asap and then get in a back-up

Our average salary at the club is around 45-50k - there is no way we could afford anywhere near that, mate.

Top top stats for someone who could be available for ?ú8m if you believe what you read in the press. An absolute bargain and given that we probably dont have piles of cash, it would mean that we could spend more on teh CB that we desperately needs, an understudy to Adebayor, GK and back-up winger

Back