• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Emmanuel Adebayor - Officially gone \o/

He simply has not impressed me with the numerous chances he misses. And I get irritated that people come up with the lame excuse that his assists make up for the number of goals he has failed to score. For ?ú100K a week I would expect better, yet he wants nearer ?ú170K

To be fair - he's still maintained a 1 in 2 strike rate which is akin to a very good striker. Anything more than that would require sums of money beyond anything we're capable of entertaining.

Agree with GB above. Adebayor and an understudy who is not dissimilar in style would be ideal

Wages aside, Adebayor will be cheap and very gett-able, in contrast to the usual names which people on here say that we should sign every year

If we kept Adebayor I would be gutted if there was no plan to sign a striker of at least equivalent, but preferably higher standard. We really need someone in the class of Rooney, Cisse, RVP, Aguero/Tevez or Drogba (or at least with that kind of potential)

And remember their is a Nations Cup next season.

To be fair - he's still maintained a 1 in 2 strike rate which is akin to a very good striker. Anything more than that would require sums of money beyond anything we're capable of entertaining.

Players like Ba and Cisse prove their are bargains around if you have the right scouting system. Besides if the stories are to be believed in Jan 2011 we were make bids of ?ú30M+ for strikers in Spain, well that money has not been sent so where has it disappeared to?

Even if we keep Ade we are in a situation at the moment whereby if he is injured or off to the Ntions Cup we are royally fcuked up front

To be fair he has still played a number of matches where he has been shocking and two goals yesterday will not make me forget that. I doubt he would now make the starting line ups at Man Utd, Emirates Marketing Project, Saudi Sportswashing Machine, Chelsea or Arsenal. now I am not saying he is brick just that I would be impressed if we started next season with him as our main strike option, especially as VDV scores even less goals than him and Defoe appears not to have a long term future at Spurs

It is wages which brings us down, not transfer fees per se - I'm well aware of those Spanish bids

Demba Ba is also a 1 in 2 striker btw - identical return as Ade this season but point taken

It is wages which brings us down, not transfer fees per se - I'm well aware of those Spanish bids

Demba Ba is also a 1 in 2 striker btw - identical return as Ade this season but point taken

But Cisse gives them another option. All the other top teams either have striking options or will have by next season. Even the Goons have a new striker

Ade is not underated, he's a very good player that could be even better. His lack of consistancy (perhaps even effort) and his poor conversion rate (while he does have a 1 in 2 rate, the number of chances he gets it's poor)

He definetely adds to our team, but it's up to him, does he do like VDV and stay with a club that has less wages, but he can directly contribute to the achievements of the club and will likely play 100% of league games, or does he go to some sugar daddy club, keep the higher wages and football is second (not likely to play even most of games)

Ade has had time in both situations, up to him to decide now.

I would not be sad if he left, I would not be upset if he stayed.

He is a good player who has done a very effective job. But yes we are royally screwed if we do not bring someone else in.

If we can't get Ade, hope we try and bring Dimitar back. Still a hell of a player, probably much more aligned to our budget too!

Did Ade not say he was willing to take a pay cut to stay?

Yes he did, I remember seeing the interview somewhere.

He said he came from nothing and that he does not chase money, just wants to play football where he feels wanted and is happy (or words to that effect)

But Cisse gives them another option. All the other top teams either have striking options or will have by next season. Even the Goons have a new striker

Of course we should aim to bring in another quality unit but Ade would also be a good addition if he's willing to take a cut. As you say - gives us more options

I disagree. He is a top striker and once he has a permanent place that he loves I'm sure we will see a better player. Best striker we have had in a few years, since Berbatov

In my opinion a top striker would have converted many more of the guilt edge chances that were provided for him this season

I disagree. He is a top striker and once he has a permanent place that he loves I'm sure we will see a better player. Best striker we have had in a few years, since Berbatov

Ade's all round game over the last few weeks has been so poor. People complain that our passing is too slow (I personally call it patient and think in the majority of occasions it's fine) and that we struggle to break down stubborn defences. A large part of that is Ade. Ade should be there as another option, if we need to play the ball direct and early. But Ade pulls out wide, even when on his own up top, and isn't where he is meant to be. Couple that with the fact when you do hit him early the ball seems to just bounce off of him and you lose possession. For me Ade has been a major reason why we have been a little toothless in front of goal sometimes.

Of course we should aim to bring in another quality unit but Ade would also be a good addition if he's willing to take a cut. As you say - gives us more options

Indeed, maybe if Ade was not guaranteed to start every match he might actually work harder and be more clinical in front of goal. Saha has to go while Defoe needs to leave for the sake of his career. Defoe cannot play upfront on his own and it seems harry has dumped 442

Ade's all round game over the last few weeks has been so poor. People complain that our passing is too slow (I personally call it patient and think in the majority of occasions it's fine) and that we struggle to break down stubborn defences. A large part of that is Ade. Ade should be there as another option, if we need to play the ball direct and early. But Ade pulls out wide, even when on his own up top, and isn't where he is meant to be. Couple that with the fact when you do hit him early the ball seems to just bounce off of him and you lose possession. For me Ade has been a major reason why we have been a little toothless in front of goal sometimes.

Well said. If we keep him he cannot be our main option next season, as I say brining in a top quality striker might focus Adebayor a bit more

Back