• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Emmanuel Adebayor - Officially gone \o/

Because we watch games with our eyes?

Sorry, agree with Chancer on this one, Kanoute is the most overated ex-Spurs player ever, his record in England is distinctly mediocre. Kanoute was a decent player in a distinctly weaker Spurs side than the current team.

Ade, while very frustrating will outscore Kanoute by leaps and contribute more to the team as well.

I wasn't a big Kanoute fan, when he was with us, and I think Ade has done better for us than Kanoute did.

Wiki tells me Kanoute scored 14 goals in 60 games for Spurs.

I've always been rather baffled by the adoring tone many Spurs fans have when speaking about him.

That's because people conveniently seem to forget, how many he assisted or assisted-assisted.

He literally carried Defoe for huge periods.

That's because people conveniently seem to forget, how many he assisted or assisted-assisted.

He literally carried Defoe for huge periods.

Pav scored more than double that in his time (similar time-frame) but would be remembered as one of our worst alongside Armstrong, Rebrov and Bent.

Amazing how fans perceptions are often altered by a few bits of skill and great technique masking the massive short-comings of a player who was slightly above average at best for us.

The same way most despise Bent besides his superior goal-scoring ability to most of what we had and nothing will ever change that

Not really - Mido and Keane formed a great partnership that next season.

We suffered for it between 2008-11 though.

Mido and Keane's partnership that season was decent, but tbh not as good as Defoe and Kanoute's the year before. Mido won a lot of headers but his hold up play was brick in comparison to Kanoute's. Just looked up the exact numbers, in the 04/05 season we scored four or more on six occasions, whereas our biggest win of the 05/06 season was only 3-1.

I dont think they are similar at all.

I think it's a lazy comparison.

I can see how their build and body language is similar at times.

However their styles of play are very different. The way they hold the ball up is very different. Kanoute could really strike the ball, Ade is better with his head.

Pav scored more than double that in his time (similar time-frame) but would be remembered as one of our worst alongside Armstrong, Rebrov and Bent.

Amazing how fans perceptions are often altered by a few bits of skill and great technique masking the massive short-comings of a player who was slightly above average at best for us.

The same way most despise Bent besides his superior goal-scoring ability to most of what we had and nothing will ever change that

Perhaps because some fans get hung up on how players perform during games rather than watch stats charts in retrospect ?

Because we watch games with our eyes?

I didn't say he didn't have ability and I didn't say the stats tell the whole story.

My point is simply that the credit and adoration he gets here is out of line with what he actually gave to Spurs and how good he actually was. Of course he had skill and of course he looked classy. But people still getting moist at the mere mention of a 1 in 4 striker who played for us for 2 seasons 7 seasons ago? Way OTT. Way.

I didn't say he didn't have ability and I didn't say the stats tell the whole story.

My point is simply that the credit and adoration he gets here is out of line with what he actually gave to Spurs and how good he actually was. Of course he had skill and of course he looked classy. But people still getting moist at the mere mention of a 1 in 4 striker who played for us for 2 seasons 7 seasons ago? Way OTT. Way.

Not really.

His contribution was huge and his loss was significant. It was clearly visible from watching every single game.

Not when "actual contribution" is attributed to a goal stat, which is completely off his performance levels.

a. Nobody said all he contributed was his goal stat
b. A centre forward is paid to score goals
c. His performance levels are overstated

Back