• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Emmanuel Adebayor - Officially gone \o/

If Defoe scores that half chance at the end of the game nobody would care how many touches he had, like last week if one of his touches is a goal. Ade hides all the time, he drifts out on the wing so he wont be in the box to miss chances. He'll never just turn and run at the defence and actually take a shot as he is too scared. At least Defoe dares to do, Ade cant even make the attempt to do....or maybe he's too tired.

Was Adebayor injured or dropped against Wigan ? Maybe we do need Adebayor, atleast on the bench, until the end of the season. We need to put pressure on the likes of Dempsey and Defoe to be sharp all the times. I think both were complacent against Wigan as they had no threat to their places.

Well he only had 9 touches of the ball. I'd call that pretty useless.

where did you get that stat from again? i'll know to avoid that place as i am pretty sure i saw him clearly have more than 9 touches of over the 90 mins

but i am rather talking about stats to prove a pattern that when he starts then he is completely useless

If Defoe scores that half chance at the end of the game nobody would care how many touches he had, like last week if one of his touches is a goal. Ade hides all the time, he drifts out on the wing so he wont be in the box to miss chances. He'll never just turn and run at the defence and actually take a shot as he is too scared. At least Defoe dares to do, Ade cant even make the attempt to do....or maybe he's too tired.

I can't see the point of a center forward working the channels but then never crosses the ball or cuts in to take a shot himself. Ade drifts out wide to receive the ball and if he then manages to lay off a simple pass to a team mate, it's job done as far as he's concerned. Well at times it looks like that to me .

Last edited:

my guess is this is exactly how avb wants him to play.
defoe for a more direct route and ade for others to come in to play.
i don't have any stats but my hunch tells me bale and dempsey score more with ade than defoe. happy to be proven wrong.

Tired of the pair of them both wholey inadequate for the job at hand. What a despicable situation to be in where we have the rely upon either the plague or H.I.V. Sad times.

i don't have any stats but my hunch tells me bale and dempsey score more with ade than defoe. happy to be proven wrong.

It seems bizarre that AVB doesnt want Ade to have a shot now and then or to take on a player and put in a cross. It would be interesting to see the stats though either way.

Tired of the pair of them both wholey inadequate for the job at hand. What a despicable situation to be in where we have the rely upon either the plague or H.I.V. Sad times.

Reminds me of the Defoe/Keane arguments that were frequent before where again each striker had big defects but you had to choose the lesser of two evils.

As the Bale effect shows, you cant underestimate the power of a world class striker who'll get goals to win you points you barely deserve as RVP did last year for the gunners. Its difficult to finish in the top 4 without a lethal striker which makes us even challenging with Defoe and Ade as our first choices remarkable.

My guess that is complete and utter fiction.

I am not for one moment defending Defoe here but I am simply stunned that at this time of the season there are people still defending Adebayor, a central striker who has managed a pathetic 3 league goals all season.

I would also suggest that most of Bale's goals are scored in spite of Defoe and Adebayor and not because of them.

If I had my way I would sell both of them in the summer, but for the record I see Defoe as the lesser of the two evils

Your mate Ade has been even worse than Defoe this season. Defoe's goals have helped us win games. Neither of them are good enough for us.

I think most fans are agreed that neither are good enough, just makes you wonder what Levy and AVB were thinking in allowing us to enter the season with these two as our main strikers. Lucky for us Bale stepped up or we would have been struggling.

My guess that is complete and utter fiction.

I am not for one moment defending Defoe here but I am simply stunned that at this time of the season there are people still defending Adebayor, a central striker who has managed a pathetic 3 league goals all season.

I would also suggest that most of Bale's goals are scored in spite of Defoe and Adebayor and not because of them.

Quite incredible isn't it? I suppose Bale's goal against West Ham in the last minute was all down to Adebayor's off the ball movement :lol:

One poster even gave him credit for the first goal even though it never actually touched him :ross:

I think most fans are agreed that neither are good enough, just makes you wonder what Levy and AVB were thinking in allowing us to enter the season with these two as our main strikers. Lucky for us Bale stepped up or we would have been struggling.

I don't blame AVB at all. It wouldn't have been wise for him to publically criticise Levy for not buying another striker, even though he was entitled to. He took the high road, but privately, he must have been praying Levy would see sense.

I don't blame AVB at all. It wouldn't have been wise for him to publically criticise Levy for not buying another striker, even though he was entitled to. He took the high road, but privately, he must have been praying Levy would see sense.

I think AVB is doing a good job but tbh its his job to convince Levy to put up the funds. Alot of our buys look like they were decided before AVB even came in.I just think that AVB, if he really wanted Moutinho and a striker, he could have done a bit more. Again all this is obviously without knowing what went on behind the scenes and either way I would expect him to keep quiet but his main 'power' would have been when he just arrived as then a manager should be able to dictate a few demands at least.

Back