• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Emmanuel Adebayor - Officially gone \o/

Think we missed the big man today. Bale and Dempsey are nullfied without someone to link up the front line.

Agreed. Defoe completed only 9 passes all game which is poor even by his standards. At least when Ade isn't scoring he is helping bring other players into the game to score instead.

To think that we could've had Lewandowski for £5m though, oh well.

Agreed. Defoe completed only 9 passes all game which is poor even by his standards. At least when Ade isn't scoring he is helping bring other players into the game to score instead.

Seriously ?

Not sure where this myth has come from. When Ade's playing all I see is the ball bouncing off him to the opposition.

When he plays well he brings other players in, but that hasn't happened since last season (aside from 10 mins against the goons).

I dont think wigan would have sat as deep with Ade upfront. They would have thought Ade was a threat in the air that close to goal.
Whether he would have done fudge all is another question but I think Wigans tactics would have been different with Ade there.

Hopefully Ade is out for the season and we finally are finished with him. He has proved himself to be completely unreliable and a waste of space.

Not sure where this myth has come from. When Ade's playing all I see is the ball bouncing off him to the opposition.

When he plays well he brings other players in, but that hasn't happened since last season (aside from 10 mins against the goons).

It doesn't necessarily have to through involvement with the ball. His presence and movement up front is superior to Defoe's. You sound more like you have decided that everything he does is brick by default.

Hopefully Ade is out for the season and we finally are finished with him. He has proved himself to be completely unreliable and a waste of space.

Hopefully he is back next game so we stand a better chance of winning.

Yup, in fact he only ATTEMPTED 9 passes. If we're going to play a 4-3-3 without a No.10, then I think the striker needs to be someone who gets involved more.

He does turn down the simple pass more than most , okay apart from Parker :-( but nine passes is shocking for a center-forward , no that's shocking for any player, playing in any position at any level of the game.
We could've had the Redheaded Pele out there contributing more.

might have been less of a waste of space than defoe today though

Defoe might do little all game but can deliver goals out of nothing. Ade is lucky to even get a shot towards goal in a whole game and as Scara said Ade cannot trap or hold up the ball which is what is the performance bar for him now as everyone has given up on him as a threat himself. Defoe was a better option when most of the rest of the team bar Dempsey and Bale struggle for goals.

How come we didn't look any better now that he didn't play? :-k

Adebayor has one characteristica I think would have helped today. And that's his habit of drifting wide. When you're hammering against a compact 9 man wall (fittingly described on Norwegian telly as an "accordion") for 80 minutes, there is little use for the lurker kind of striker Defoe is.

Well according to: http://www.whoscored.com/Matches/61...land-Premier-League-2012-2013-Wigan-Tottenham

Defoe has averaged 14 passes per game this season, up from 13 per game last season.
Adebayor has averaged 23 passes per game this season, down from 34 per game last season.

Cheers for the link ... Thanks for the scary stats lol

PS: Berbatov is averaging 45 passes per game for Fulham plus he has got as many assists and has scored only 1 less goal than Adebayor and Defoe put together so far this season!!

Adebayor has one characteristica I think would have helped today. And that's his habit of drifting wide. When you're hammering against a compact 9 man wall (fittingly described on Norwegian telly as an "accordion") for 80 minutes, there is little use for the lurker kind of striker Defoe is.

He's done it for a while and when he does, h drag people around leaving xtra space for Bale...

Back