• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Emmanuel Adebayor - Officially gone \o/

I was genuinely excited when we signed him on loan. I mean I didn't follow him too closely at the goons but he always seemed a handful against us. His descent this season into utter shambles is really shocking and makes me wonder whether he has an issue with the coaches.

I have heard since the summer that he was not the first choice striker signing and thus why his arrival was delayed...

When he was on loan he was proving a point, now that he has his contract, his motivation is down.. It's happened at previous clubs he's been at.. His loan spell at Madrid was impressive also, as we know all too well.

When he was on loan he was proving a point, now that he has his contract, his motivation is down.. It's happened at previous clubs he's been at.. His loan spell at Madrid was impressive also, as we know all too well.

Agree, and now he has nothing to play for and happy to pick up his 100k per week.

Like a lot of others, I was genuinely excited when we signed him however I now wonder whether we'll be able to shift him without paying part of his wages at the other club. Would anyone really sign him and pay him 100k per week on top of the fee?!? Our best bet is to try to flog him to Monaco (french speaking, decent climate and have a mega bucks owner now) or Anzhi, where he might even get a pay rise

Agree, and now he has nothing to play for and happy to pick up his 100k per week.

Like a lot of others, I was genuinely excited when we signed him however I now wonder whether we'll be able to shift him without paying part of his wages at the other club. Would anyone really sign him and pay him 100k per week on top of the fee?!? Our best bet is to try to flog him to Monaco (french speaking, decent climate and have a mega bucks owner now) or Anzhi, where he might even get a pay rise
His transfer fee was relatively small I suppose so we could take a hit on the wages, if Levy sees this as the right move.
What a frustrating player he's turned into.

Just because we fail to land our top target it doesn't automatically mean he was unrealistic.

Yes - it means we offered 15m less than what he's valued and expected them to accept

Players' personal terms can be established prior - if we can't afford him - we move on

I was genuinely excited when we signed him on loan. I mean I didn't follow him too closely at the goons but he always seemed a handful against us. His descent this season into utter shambles is really shocking and makes me wonder whether he has an issue with the coaches.

Me too. I asked my goon supporting uncle about him, he said when you first get him, you'll think coor what a player we've got here! Then he'll get too comfortable and his performance levels will drop dramatically. I always assumed he was a good finisher, but he said Ade has always needed 4 or 5 chances before he scores. He had one truly great year at Arsenal when he scored 30 goals, the rest of his career is Defoe like goal wise. Makes it that much more puzzling as to why posters like Gutterboy rate him so highly and continue to defend him and deny he's been playing badly. He goes on about him like he's world class and were lucky to have him.

Me too. I asked my goon supporting uncle about him, he said when you first get him, you'll think coor what a player we've got here! Then he'll get too comfortable and his performance levels will drop dramatically. I always assumed he was a good finisher, but he said Ade has always needed 4 or 5 chances before he scores. He had one truly great year at Arsenal when he scored 30 goals, the rest of his career is Defoe like goal wise. Makes it that much more puzzling as to why posters like Gutterboy rate him so highly and continue to defend him and deny he's been playing badly. He goes on about him like he's world class and were lucky to have him.

Not a secret at all, except when playing against Spurs-he only needs the one opportunity. Same applies to Kanu, Nasri and numerous others it sometimes seems. :(

Not a secret at all, except when playing against Spurs-he only needs the one opportunity. Same applies to Kanu, Nasri and numerous others it sometimes seems. :(

That is true. Although I remember one NLD we lost at the lane 3-1 Ade missed a few chances. But generally speaking he never missed against us.

I've made this point on here before, don't remember getting a satisfactory answer.

If Ade's not shooting (let alone scoring), not winning aerial battles and his every touch ends up in a opposition throw (at best), why are we paying him so much to 'occupy defenders'?

I would occupy defenders for a fraction of his pay and I suspect my attempts to control the ball or win it in the air would have the same effect. Even better, we have a load of youth players who may or may not be any good. If we tell them to occupy defenders and be selfless, one or more may even turn out to be able to pass, shoot or win a header - a vast improvement on what we currently have.

Very well said.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/...se-by-fans-of-Spurs-striker-Emmanuel-Adebayor

£37,000? That's a drop in the (£150m) Ocean for Inter, not even a slap on the wrist for crying out loud :rolleyes:

The FA, UEFA, FIFA shouldn't be levying fines at all, 1) private companies shouldn't be levying fines, 2) fines merely charge for legitimising poor behaviour, 3) rather than meaningless financial sanctions be imposed bans or closed door sanctions should be imposed.

£37000? Lets call it 50000 Euros, or five games behind closed doors. Set a real punishment rather than charging for disobediance and you'll see a marked improvement in behaviour and it will be driven by the club rather than them just ramping up charges to the fans to offset fines paid.

Where was he? On my stream, one of the commentators was wondering if he would come on. Didnt even realise he wasnt on the bench. The taco.

How come we didn't look any better now that he didn't play? :-k

Because our alternative is playing Defoe, who is an impact sub who is worse than uselss when he starts.

Where was he? On my stream, one of the commentators was wondering if he would come on. Didnt even realise he wasnt on the bench. The taco.

Injured. Knee apparently.

Really need him and Dembele back for Southampton.

Back