• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Emmanuel Adebayor - Officially gone \o/

Er.. I thought 13% was a decent conversion ratio, far better than Ade has been this season.

Chance-Conversion21.png

http://www.eplindex.com/27890/how-w...-chances-premier-league-stats-comparison.html

Showing our team chance conversion at about 13%. That twitter stat feels horribly wrong.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Er.. I thought 13% was a decent conversion ratio, far better than Ade has been this season.

http://www.eplindex.com/27890/how-w...-chances-premier-league-stats-comparison.html

Showing our team chance conversion at about 13%. That twitter stat feels horribly wrong.

According to http://spursstatman.com/2013/04/05/the-decline-of-emmanuel-adebayor-a-statistical-analysis/ he had a 10% conversion rate at the start of April but Ade has scored a goal since then which might explain the current figure of 13%
Adebayor’s chance conversion is one key area that has seen a significant decline. Last season he converted 19% of his chances, however this has fallen to just 10% this season. At 9%; Adebayor’s clear-cut chance conversion is also the worst of any Spurs player; this supports many criticisms of him missing simple chances that he would’ve easily converted last season.

I'm not entirely sure what they define as a "chance" for the purpose of these stats but 13% appears to be a relatively poor conversion rate compared to the top Premier League finishers.

I suspect this should really read 'sitter' conversion rate... he has really been woeful..2 goals out of 12 is about a 17% conversion rate, so that suggests he has missed even more of the non clear cut chances! But then again greedy, hit and hope merchant Defoe hasn't been much better.

Defoe is only slightly better at 14% (compared to 22% last season).

goals.png

www.barriesview.com/2013/04/premier-league-shooting-statistics-201213

Last edited:
I think most fans are agreed that neither are good enough, just makes you wonder what Levy and AVB were thinking in allowing us to enter the season with these two as our main strikers. Lucky for us Bale stepped up or we would have been struggling.

I do not blame AVB for that, just Levy

There was a stat on Sky News on Sunday evening that Bale only has 4 assists in the league despite making 64 chances, just shows how brick the rest of our attack is

I remember the first year he won PFA players player, when we were in the CL and he got 1 assist all season. He was predominantly left wing then too.

And to think earlier in the season when I mentioned Benteke would have been a decent signing quite a few people replied he was not good enough because he was not proven in this league. If we would not accept £40m for Bale no chance Villa would sell him for £20m. He is just 22 and he is a beast and will get better. Where are our scouts at?

And another thing, Benteke is a monster in the air, Defoe wins nothing in the air but his size is against him, Adebayor what is his excuse?

I have to be honest, he was quite decent when he came on, he made a difference up front

He was brilliant, playing the role of link man that AVB has had hi playing this season, creating space for Bale as the defence had to sit deeper, something he generally gets no credit for.

Yep. Put himself about and a couple of nice touches - especially the layoff to Dempsey from Thudd's pass.

He was brilliant, playing the role of link man that AVB has had hi playing this season, creating space for Bale as the defence had to sit deeper, something he generally gets no credit for.

None. In fact, let's take it a stage further and say that if you say that in these parts you will get laughed at. He's been doing it all season yet too many just don't see it. And if that sounds patronizing, oh well...people need to watch more closely. I personally believe AVB's biggest mistake all season was not starting him last week at Wigan...

None. In fact, let's take it a stage further and say that if you say that in these parts you will get laughed at. He's been doing it all season yet too many just don't see it. And if that sounds patronizing, oh well...people need to watch more closely. I personally believe AVB's biggest mistake all season was not starting him last week at Wigan...

He was injured last week at Wigan. Pain in his knee. It's pretty harsh to call it 'AVB's biggest mistake of the season'.. :p

Credit to him, much better today (aside from that moment when he lost a ball in the air to..... the air).

Maybe because apart from today, against Everton and against Arsenal before he got sent off he is normally brick

As well as he played today it does not make up for a season of brick in my opinion. But yes he was better than Defoe today, by a long way

Back