• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Dejan Kulusevski

He can't reject it, he's already agreed to to terms when he moved on loan. If a player can back out then a loan with an option to buy isn't worth a crap.
Alderweirald did.

Surely all he's agreed is move on loan. And we've agreed an option to buy at a price. He'd be a fool to agree a contract 18 months in advance.

Alderweirald did.

Surely all he's agreed is move on loan. And we've agreed an option to buy at a price. He'd be a fool to agree a contract 18 months in advance.
He didn't. Atletico had a clause that they could cancel the buyout for 1 or 2 million. It allowed them to make more selling to us.
Toby hadn't nothing to do with it.

Alderweirald did.

Seeing as the loan included a clause for the permanent transfer, I'd be amazed if the club didn't agree his contract the same way.

Probably includes an increase if it becomes permanent, some of the increase maybe performance related. But why would any club expose themselves to risk like that on a contingent deal?

Remember romero wasn't signed permanently till near the end of the window. This will probably be the same. Expect more clickbait nonsense from journalists and aggregators wanting to make money from spurs fans inherent nervousness.

He can't reject it, he's already agreed to to terms when he moved on loan. If a player can back out then a loan with an option to buy isn't worth a crap.
He can absolutely reject it just as Alderweireld ejected moving to Southampton when we offered him better wages.

Unless his contract already has a contingency for a permanent signing. It's what any sensible employer would do.

The toby deal with soton was complicated. Think atletico had an option to recall by a certain date. Hence why we went in for him. Soton disagreed and were going to sue atletico over it. Toby told soton he didn't want to join them so soton dropped it. Not sure if they got a little sweetener from atletico.

At the end of the day the toby situation seems an exception not the rule of how these deals go.

He can absolutely reject it just as Alderweireld ejected moving to Southampton when we offered him better wages.
He can't, he signed a contract. As already stated Toby didn't reject Southampton, Athletico had a clause in the contract that allowed them to terminate the agreement for a fee by a certain date.

The toby deal with soton was complicated. Think atletico had an option to recall by a certain date. Hence why we went in for him. Soton disagreed and were going to sue atletico over it. Toby told soton he didn't want to join them so soton dropped it. Not sure if they got a little sweetener from atletico.

At the end of the day the toby situation seems an exception not the rule of how these deals go.

I had a gander yesterday because I could not remember and apparently Athletico chucked 2m at Southampton to drop the deal. I assume that before the deal they could still pay 8m and take Toby but knowing he had his head turned that it would have been counter productive knowing he would have been unhappy from day 1. That seems more likely than the player being able to reject them move after a pre contract and the deal be dropped as easily as suggested.

If in our case Deki wanted to drop the deal because his head was turned then I suppose we would have to consider our options, but as per Southampton I would imagine Juve would have to buy us out the pre deal (I am purely guessing there)

Even with that one, an initial bid would have gone in early.

Back