• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Dejan Kulusevski

Is this how loan to buy deals are done these days?

Sent from my SM-T865 using Fapatalk

Yep, modern world ways

Easy to forget that Deki was way out the reckoning when he came over, loads to prove, plenty of the weight was on our backs taking him with the guaranteed options.

I don't see it as that much of a cheek looking for 5m knocked off considering we did alot of the heavy lifting, his form drop off and Juve being in the brown stuff. Nowt to lose

It's only "wot I reckon" but if we do get Kulu on a permanent then I hope he can forge a place in a 10 position. I could be absolutely wrong but I don't see how both him and Porro can thrive in a team not using wingbacks.

If we go back to a back four I don't think many people would want to see Porro as a RB (Porro included). Not sure I see how it'd work without Kulu going more central.

The worry is that is signing Kuluseski is deemed a no brainer and we're obligated to buy Porro and yet they don't seem to fit in to the team together.

Obviously it's good to have options / competition and it's early days squad planning wise but there's a dearth of quality at CB so it's a lot of money to spend on the RW position considering that Gil and even Spence could arguably play out there.

It's only "wot I reckon" but if we do get Kulu on a permanent then I hope he can forge a place in a 10 position. I could be absolutely wrong but I don't see how both him and Porro can thrive in a team not using wingbacks.

If we go back to a back four I don't think many people would want to see Porro as a RB (Porro included). Not sure I see how it'd work without Kulu going more central.

The worry is that is signing Kuluseski is deemed a no brainer and we're obligated to buy Porro and yet they don't seem to fit in to the team together.

Obviously it's good to have options / competition and it's early days squad planning wise but there's a dearth of quality at CB so it's a lot of money to spend on the RW position considering that Gil and even Spence could arguably play out there.

The Poste-man plays 4-3-3 rather than 4-2-3-1 so there isn’t a no 10 role to be had.

At the moment, Bentancur is one of the two number 8s (when fit) and hopefully we’re singing someone like a Maddison to take the other.

Kulu has she and versatility on his side however I think he has a fight ahead of him to win the RW role

The Poste-man plays 4-3-3 rather than 4-2-3-1 so there isn’t a no 10 role to be had.

At the moment, Bentancur is one of the two number 8s (when fit) and hopefully we’re singing someone like a Maddison to take the other.

Kulu has she and versatility on his side however I think he has a fight ahead of him to win the RW role

You can have a 4-3-3 with two holding midfielders with the third that takes up a freer 10 position. This is where it immediately turns in to semantics regarding formations but as my first sentence indicates, I strongly disagree with your summation but it's only my opinion.

Also you have assumed that Ange will play a certain formation because that's what he has done before when it's absolutely not set in stone.

I'm not really sure I've fully understood your post as there's a few typos (I have been on the beers myself!) so I don't want to be argumentative if I'm not sure I've fully understood what's been posted.

The more productive question is how you think Bentancur, Kulu, Porro and Maddison can fit in to a 4-3-3 if you think we're definitely going to take that approach.

You can have a 4-3-3 with two holding midfielders with the third that takes up a freer 10 position. This is where it immediately turns in to semantics regarding formations but as my first sentence indicates, I strongly disagree with your summation but it's only my opinion.

Also you have assumed that Ange will play a certain formation because that's what he has done before when it's absolutely not set in stone.

I'm not really sure I've fully understood your post as there's a few typos (I have been on the beers myself!) so I don't want to be argumentative if I'm not sure I've fully understood what's been posted.

The more productive question is how you think Bentancur, Kulu, Porro and Maddison can fit in to a 4-3-3 if you think we're definitely going to take that approach.

Apologies for the typo - bloody autocorrect on the iphone!

Yes, I am assuming that Postecoglou will play the same 4-3-3 as he's done previously, and also assuming that the 3 midfielders are one who sits more and two 'number 8s' as he had previously, rather than your suggestion of two holding CMs and a 10.

In terms of your question 'how you think Bentancur, Kulu, Porro and Maddison can fit in to a 4-3-3' I think its Porro OR Kulu (or another RW) so the set-up would be:

------------------------deep CM------------------

----------Bentancur--------------Maddison/alternative------------------

---Porro/Kulu-----------Kane----------------Son------------------

In his previous teams, from the videos I've watched his wingers play very high and wide and the number 8s exploit the gaps between the wide man and CF.

With the ball, from what I've seen he has a back 2 (the CBs), then 3 in front (FBs and the CM) with the FBs tucking in a bit more narrow and then the number 8s support the forwards

That’s fine and the praise is right but when he loses a good player tbh not offering a reasonable fee then it’s also right that he is criticised. It works both ways.

Of course it does, always good to see some balance on here though for a change. Beats having to read well planted rhetorics in other threads about why we shouldn't have sacked Jose when we did...for the 2000th time

That’s fine and the praise is right but when he loses a good player tbh not offering a reasonable fee then it’s also right that he is criticised. It works both ways.
The key word is reasonable
We don’t know as fans the terms or what we can afford for a start
Look at arsenal in January
Mudryk was there’s for the taking
They knew the fee but went cheap … to use spurs fans language and lost the player
It may well turn out to be a stroke of luck but it’s also possible he may have made a difference in their title ambitions

united are offering half what Chelsea what for Mount… is that them offering reasonable money?

Permanent deal for Dejan

We are delighted to announce the permanent signing of Dejan Kulusevski from Juventus.

After joining the Club from the Serie A side in January, 2022, on an initial 18-month loan, the Sweden international has signed a contract that will run until 2028.

An exciting and versatile forward, Dejan made an outstanding impact on his first start for the Club, scoring and registering an assist in a memorable 3-2 victory over Emirates Marketing Project in February, 2022. He carried on his fine form throughout the second half of the 2021/22 season, playing an integral role in the Club’s qualification into last year’s UEFA Champions League.

The 23-year-old made a total of 37 appearances last term, taking his tally up to 57 appearances and seven goals in all competitions. In his debut campaign, he became the first player in Premier League history to end the season in the top 10 for assists after making less than 20 appearances.

At international level, he has made 29 appearances for his country to date, scoring twice, and in December, 2022, he earned recognition for a stand-out first year in the Premier League by being awarded the 2022 Guldbollen, the prize for Sweden’s best male player.

Back