• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Definitely not an out of car window Transfer Thread

It is cowardly the way that we play it with three deep CBs along with 'wingbacks' often alongside them (I put the term wingbacks in quotes as they play no further advanced than most 4 at the back team's fullbacks play)

If we are to continue with our deep, defensive, 3 at the back implementation then I think we need to at least ensure that every one of the three CBs are good on the ball. We probably also need to add some pace in there as well so that we at least have the option of playing higher up the pitch.

To the extent that our wing backs play no further advanced than full backs for teams playing a back four that's because teams drop a midfielder back to make it a back three and push their full backs high up.

If you're talking about our defensive positioning in some games I agree, but not all games and definitely not all the time.

Now we know that a) we are in CL in the spring and B) we have a glamour tie vs one of the traditional great European clubs, will we have even greater pull in the transfer market?
Are there any clear PL-based players who could immediately upgrade us (apart from Maddison)?

Now we know that a) we are in CL in the spring and B) we have a glamour tie vs one of the traditional great European clubs, will we have even greater pull in the transfer market?
Are there any clear PL-based players who could immediately upgrade us (apart from Maddison)?
Not obviously
Barnes would be great as an attacker
No CBS stand out from memory that would work here …. Lewis Dunk springs to mind
Tarkowski would have been good for a free
A few lads at palace I really like but crazy fees

Olise is the obvious one IMO. Alex Scott is really burning up the championship too

Olise is the obvious one IMO. Alex Scott is really burning up the championship too
This was my comment about Scott back in January when I was recommending some lower league young players….

Alex Scott. 18 year old at Bristol City. Loads and loads of talent on the ball. Still young and has lots of developing to do, but the talent he has is something that can't really be taught. Another player that you would buy and then loan back, perhaps even for 18 months. Lots of PL scouts have been watching recently so I expect somebody to snap him up this summer.

Think we're more likely to shop overseas and ship out a NHG player

I thought the young players at Sporting looked good... Pedro porro (rwb) and a inacio (rcb) and a few more. Passion, fight, can pass and hold. Proper ballers with balls. Hopefully the additional staff that Paratici has added will concover suitably priced talents outside italy as we have quite a number of upgrades and successions to plan for

Sent from my SM-T865 using Fapatalk

Last edited:
I think Conte will want someone that can add a similar level of physical presence as Kulusevski. Haven't seen Scott, but I don't think that's Olise. Though Olise looks really special, would love him at the club. It may be that he would need a bit more time at that Crystal Palace level before he's ready for that step up.

We also know that Conte will want an immediate solution. I think someone like Malinovskyi is more likely for that reason.

Pedro Porto looked really good. Can obviously attack and thought he did really well defensively against Perisic too, not an easy player to defend against one on one.

Livramento is he gets back to his best quickly before the window closes. But would be a rather unlikely signing.

Not a lot of good HG options for the roles where we need to strengthen. We do have non HG players that could make way though.

Livramento is he gets back to his best quickly before the window closes. But would be a rather unlikely signing.

Not a lot of good HG options for the roles where we need to strengthen. We do have non HG players that could make way though.

If he gets back to his best can't see them selling. Relegation would cost far more than they'd get for selling.

Ronnie Edwards at Peterborough looks the best HG CB of the coming generation

If he gets back to his best can't see them selling. Relegation would cost far more than they'd get for selling.

Depends - we could sweeten it with loans (Rodon, Winks, Tanganga, Doherty etc.) to strengthen them in the short term. Soton are already quite strong at RB because they have KWP playing there, but giving them say two CBs might make the difference for them.

Agreed. Part of why I said unlikely. Would mean a very big investment on our part, and with him (potentially) just back from injury that's quite a big ask.

Just the only real option I could think of.

Back