• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Definitely not an out of car window Transfer Thread

He has been rubbish so far most of the season though and our left side is sorted with Destiny

Has he? This is the third time I've seen him and he looked quality each time.

Destiny will be decent but more this season we need cover, Sess is just poor

he plays anywhere
But he okays right wing back and right winger
He is perfect for what conte wants; experience and end product

If he can be signed for a reasonable fee I would be all for it. Not sure how likely a reasonable fee for him is.

Personally I think just a less cowardly philosophy from the manager would go a long way.

Though if we’re going to continue playing scared and persist with 3 at the back then we need to replace Dier with a proper footballer as the most important change. I hope that player is a Paratici pick who can also play in a two to ensure we’re future proofing ourselves.

This may not be the right thread for this, but there's nothing cowardly or wrong about playing a back three. It's the formation we've been building towards since Conte came in, and we've seen real improvements even though it's been bumpy. Changing that now would probably mean several of the players now playing well no longer fitting in and just a big step backwards in our rebuild.

If he can be signed for a reasonable fee I would be all for it. Not sure how likely a reasonable fee for him is.

This may not be the right thread for this, but there's nothing cowardly or wrong about playing a back three. It's the formation we've been building towards since Conte came in, and we've seen real improvements even though it's been bumpy. Changing that now would probably mean several of the players now playing well no longer fitting in and just a big step backwards in our rebuild.
You need energy and direction to play any system and you need outballs. The energy change in the second half is startling
The amount of times lately I’ve seen our CBS look right, see royal and switch player to the other side is scary
No system works properly if you can only use half the pitch
What was scary yesterday was Emerson put in 2 really good passes, one with his left that lead to Perisic first shot on the woodwork. But I regularly see them just stop and go left …

You need energy and direction to play any system and you need outballs. The energy change in the second half is startling
The amount of times lately I’ve seen our CBS look right, see royal and switch player to the other side is scary
No system works properly if you can only use half the pitch
What was scary yesterday was Emerson put in 2 really good passes, one with his left that lead to Perisic first shot on the woodwork. But I regularly see them just stop and go left …

We need a more attacking RWB player that Conte trusts. If Doherty can again make himself that player, Spence can make himself that player or we need a new player is yet to be known.

Kulusevski makes a big difference to that out ball you mention. Gives us more of a threat down that side, so more balance between attacking both sides, opening up space. But also turning average possession into good possession when progressing the ball, so important. Why I think a backup/rotation option for his role is so important.

This slog of a fall season is coming to an end. But if we progress in the cups AND a round or two in the CL the winter will be no easier I think. We need options Conte trusts.

We need a more attacking RWB player that Conte trusts. If Doherty can again make himself that player, Spence can make himself that player or we need a new player is yet to be known.

Kulusevski makes a big difference to that out ball you mention. Gives us more of a threat down that side, so more balance between attacking both sides, opening up space. But also turning average possession into good possession when progressing the ball, so important. Why I think a backup/rotation option for his role is so important.

This slog of a fall season is coming to an end. But if we progress in the cups AND a round or two in the CL the winter will be no easier I think. We need options Conte trusts.
We need to bin the league cup this week
Can’t have the next round 3 days after the wc final

Autumn.

It is called AUTUMN

Realistically only one or two of Lloris, Romero and Richarlison are going to go deep in the tournament, and none of those are on burn out watch/have already had injury enforced breaks.
Players are burned out before the tournament though so they don’t come back refreshed

I think we should put out a team of players who need game time or who haven't been overly played - Tanganga, Spence, Moura, Gil, Skipp Sanchez. Rest Kane, Bentancur, PEH etc

Worry about the next round nearer the time

Problem is whenever we rotate heavily we look absolutely terrible, disjointed and rarely scrape a win (Unless it's against someone like Marine etc.)

I agree though, Most of the first 11 badly need a few days off.

You can just imagine the headlines though after we rotate heavily and go out, Another opportunity at a trophy passes for another year blah blah..

I think we should put out a team of players who need game time or who haven't been overly played - Tanganga, Spence, Moura, Gil, Skipp Sanchez. Rest Kane, Bentancur, PEH etc

Worry about the next round nearer the time
That’s all we can do

Problem is whenever we rotate heavily we look absolutely terrible, disjointed and rarely scrape a win (Unless it's against someone like Marine etc.)

I agree though, Most of the first 11 badly need a few days off.

You can just imagine the headlines though after we rotate heavily and go out, Another opportunity at a trophy passes for another year blah blah..
100%
Look at the call out for the negative selection yesterday. What was his choice with limitations we have due to fitness and energy

It is cowardly the way that we play it with three deep CBs along with 'wingbacks' often alongside them (I put the term wingbacks in quotes as they play no further advanced than most 4 at the back team's fullbacks play)

If we are to continue with our deep, defensive, 3 at the back implementation then I think we need to at least ensure that every one of the three CBs are good on the ball. We probably also need to add some pace in there as well so that we at least have the option of playing higher up the pitch.

It is cowardly the way that we play it with three deep CBs along with 'wingbacks' often alongside them (I put the term wingbacks in quotes as they play no further advanced than most 4 at the back team's fullbacks play)

If we are to continue with our deep, defensive, 3 at the back implementation then I think we need to at least ensure that every one of the three CBs are good on the ball. We probably also need to add some pace in there as well so that we at least have the option of playing higher up the pitch.
It’s a very different 5 though when you don’t play royal (who plays as right back)

It’s a very different 5 though when you don’t play royal (who plays as right back)
I don't think it would make a great deal of difference TBH. Our starting position makes it really hard for our wingbacks to get high up the pitch. I think we would get more delivery quality from a better RWB but I don't think it is the magic bullet that some seem to believe.

I don't think it would make a great deal of difference TBH. Our starting position makes it really hard for our wingbacks to get high up the pitch. I think we would get more delivery quality from a better RWB but I don't think it is the magic bullet that some seem to believe.
It was fine last season season
But we built our confidence playing with Doherty who does play higher up

Back