• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Definitely not an out of car window Transfer Thread

by levy's standards its still early
\we don't have money to splash so we have to stretch the dollar and take risks.

liverpool gets criticized for paying over the top... but that's the premium to get rare talents and demonstrate support for the manager, who has no excuse but to make sure it works.

i much prefer that simple clarity and accountablity.

at spurs i think some players take advantage of the ambiguity and diffusion of responsibility with the committee of decision makers, none of the members would put up their hand to say i was responsible.

I thought we still money left from the summer no?

liverpool gets criticized for paying over the top... but that's the premium to get rare talents and demonstrate support for the manager, who has no excuse but to make sure it works.

at spurs i think some players take advantage of the ambiguity and diffusion of responsibility with the committee of decision makers, none of the members would put up their hand to say i was responsible.

Ambiguity and diffusion of responsibility? Every club has a "comittee". Technical directors, scouts, performance analysts, a dof. Lawyers to write up the contracts. Accountants to say what we can afford. Somebody to write the cheques. These are multi million £ deals. The days of a few brown envelopes full of cash being handed over are long gone.

well there should be an annual budget and i was hoping that covid opening and increased attendances and ticket prices would result in a signficant increase its hard to say with the deadwood we are carrying
the 150m gbp thats a bonus, we haven't spent it all but i think it could go to other parts of the footballing set up like scouting network i guess.

Ambiguity and diffusion of responsibility? Every club has a "comittee". Technical directors, scouts, performance analysts, a dof. Lawyers to write up the contracts. Accountants to say what we can afford. Somebody to write the cheques. These are multi million £ deals. The days of a few brown envelopes full of cash being handed over are long gone.
look at liverpool - klopp asks, club pays a premium to get them for him- If he doesn't win things, Klopp is only the one to blame.
look at us and conte saying djed is a "club purchase" .

Have we signed anyone yet? seems this is going to be a Levy special.

If it's a Levy/Paratici special like in the last 3 transfer windows we're in for a good time.

Liverpool do pay the big bucks, not all the time, but they do. From a position of strength. A key part of their strategy to getting there has been smart and not particularly expensive signings. Mane, Salah, Milner, Robertson, Matip type signings.

Even with their biggest signings they have some hits and some misses. Van Dijk and Allison of course, but then there's Keita and, so far, Darwin.

Surely within the club there is a clear idea of who pushed for various players? I don't think going public with that kind of information would be good. But the people involved will know.

I don't think the players can hide behind that. Nor can Paratici.

I dont think its an issue with money so much as getting players out to make space. We all know we need a RWB but with Royal, Spence, Doherty they would prefer to shift one out first etc. Problem is the most likely solution is a short term loan for Spence which is only a temporary solution. I'm pretty sure Porro will come (and its not completely about the money, Although obviously we love to haggle!) I just think we are playing some kind of chess trying to make room in the squad and find clubs for some players like Royal, Tanganga etc.

If it's a Levy/Paratici special like in the last 3 transfer windows we're in for a good time.

Liverpool do pay the big bucks, not all the time, but they do. From a position of strength. A key part of their strategy to getting there has been smart and not particularly expensive signings. Mane, Salah, Milner, Robertson, Matip type signings.

Even with their biggest signings they have some hits and some misses. Van Dijk and Allison of course, but then there's Keita and, so far, Darwin.

Surely within the club there is a clear idea of who pushed for various players? I don't think going public with that kind of information would be good. But the people involved will know.

I don't think the players can hide behind that. Nor can Paratici.
Their recent buys have been very scatter gun and reactive though

I dont think its an issue with money so much as getting players out to make space. We all know we need a RWB but with Royal, Spence, Doherty they would prefer to shift one out first etc. Problem is the most likely solution is a short term loan for Spence which is only a temporary solution. I'm pretty sure Porro will come (and its not completely about the money, Although obviously we love to haggle!) I just think we are playing some kind of chess trying to make room in the squad and find clubs for some players like Royal, Tanganga etc.
I agree
The talk through the press is evolving which i always see as a movement from us

Their recent buys have been very scatter gun and reactive though
Didn't they change their dof recently? Sometimes success comes from the partnership of a coach and dof and when the dof leaves the coach has more of a say on players given the credit they have built up with the owners? Still think that may be the case with Poch to some degree too.

It is actually very rare for players to choose to remain at a club when they’re told they won’t be part of the squad. Winston Bogarde situations happen once in a blue moon.

if a player thinks that he might remain at Spurs then he is less likely to sign for another club of lower standing. Buy the replacement so they know they won’t be making any of the match day squads and they’ll typically accept a loan or transfer deal out of the club just as long as they’re not financially disadvantaged,

Didn't they change their dof recently? Sometimes success comes from the partnership of a coach and dof and when the dof leaves the coach has more of a say on players given the credit they have built up with the owners? Still think that may be the case with Poch to some degree too.
Yep
He resigned

It is actually very rare for players to choose to remain at a club when they’re told they won’t be part of the squad. Winston Bogarde situations happen once in a blue moon.

if a player thinks that he might remain at Spurs then he is less likely to sign for another club of lower standing. Buy the replacement so they know they won’t be making any of the match day squads and they’ll typically accept a loan or transfer deal out of the club just as long as they’re not financially disadvantaged,
Danny Rose says hi

RE: Sportswashing and all that... do any of you guys put blame on the UK government for enabling wealthy oligarchs to (ab)use the system that's been setup to launder money? London is a pretty well-known hub for the rich to clean dirty money, with access to various financial instruments and the convenience of British Caribbean territories/islands to shield the trail of money. I never seem to find any point out the system as the problem in addition to the loathsome individuals that are using it to clean their tracks, but I could be mistaken.

RE: Sportswashing and all that... do any of you guys put blame on the UK government for enabling wealthy oligarchs to (ab)use the system that's been setup to launder money? London is a pretty well-known hub for the rich to clean dirty money, with access to various financial instruments and the convenience of British Caribbean territories/islands to shield the trail of money. I never seem to find any point out the system as the problem in addition to the loathsome individuals that are using it to clean their tracks, but I could be mistaken.

I 100% do and said as much in another thread, took a war to crack down on what was known because the Russians and TBF the UAE/Qatar have been clever in buying their way into major sports and property, cosy up with the royals and banks and before you know it you are in a situation where you can't act because it takes down sports and a system. Its a clever strategy and when you get given access to that level it legitimises the whole thing. We as a nation are not clean in this at all

London isn’t england
It’s a bubble of foreign cash

No. I realise we don't live in kumbaya land and there are no good guys. The whole world is working for their own self interest.

I wish it was better. But i'm not naive.

London isn’t england
It’s a bubble of foreign cash
I'm just a simple American, so for me the lines are very blurry. I know that London is specifically the money laundering capital of the world but I thought they would need some support from the overall English/UK government.

All to say that as painful as it can be at times, I'm glad we at least do things the relatively right way. Seeing Saudi Sportswashing Machine fans in Saudi garb after they were bought was cringeworthy at best. Anyway, I don't want to derail the transfer thread anymore, was just curious about what fans' perceptions were regarding all this corruption.

I 100% do and said as much in another thread, took a war to crack down on what was known because the Russians and TBF the UAE/Qatar have been clever in buying their way into major sports and property, cosy up with the royals and banks and before you know it you are in a situation where you can't act because it takes down sports and a system. Its a clever strategy and when you get given access to that level it legitimises the whole thing. We as a nation are not clean in this at all
I've seen an ungodly amount of scams here in the US, especially pertaining to crypto, and I have to wonder if ENIC ever received any naming rights offers from any crypto companies. FTX had naming rights to the stadium for the Miami Heat, must be a nightmare trying to vet these companies and do the due diligence required to not have egg on face down the line.

Back