• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Definitely not an out of car window Transfer Thread

I think playing behind Son may be a rather poor fit for Sessegnon.

His strengths aren't as much doing things on his own. Crossing from deep, dribbling kind of thing. He's much better at good runs, good movement, have some space opened up for him and exploit that.

Son takes up a lot of the positions and makes the kind of runs that Sessegnon otherwise would do well in. Son isn't a great combination player, Sessegnon needs someone to combine with to progress into more dangerous areas in the final third. Won't just burst past opponents on his own or cross with quality from deep.

If he got onto more situations that are good for him, good for his skill set his confidence would probably improve. Now he's too often in situations that aren't a good match for his skill set, perfect recipe for dwindling confidence.

As Son probably isn't going anywhere and imo Richarlison doesn't look a great fit for Sessegnon either his best move may by trying his luck at a different club come the summer.

He didn't get any money from the sale. So what they were sold for is pretty meaningless. All the money he spent he didn't get back.
You're just being pedantic there. My point (contrary to almost all on here) was always that Abramovich's investments into Chelsea FC were seeing him increase his worth overall and if he sold he would likely make a decent profit on his investment (as well as having all of that trophy fun). Of course Russia's invasion of Ukraine meant that firstly Abramovich was pretty much forced to sell and then couldn't receive the proceeds of the sale. However the sale price proved that I was right in terms of how he had vastly increased the value of Chelsea FC.

You're just being pedantic there. My point (contrary to almost all on here) was always that Abramovich's investments into Chelsea FC were seeing him increase his worth overall and if he sold he would likely make a decent profit on his investment (as well as having all of that trophy fun). Of course Russia's invasion of Ukraine meant that firstly Abramovich was pretty much forced to sell and then couldn't receive the proceeds of the sale. However the sale price proved that I was right in terms of how he had vastly increased the value of Chelsea FC.

Yes i was being pedantic. Thought that was clear.
Still the point that he went about it the right way to increase the value of the club is absurd. Seeing as if enic sold spurs or the glazers sold utd they'd have a far better return on their investment.

Boehly and his consortium paid £2.5b for Chelsea, plus a contractual commitment to inject £1.75b of funds. Abramovich wasn't able to profit from the sale due to the sanctions in place.

Abromovich spent 2.1b on transfers. Probably another 0.2b on purchasing Chelsea, professional fees etc.

Only the growth in the PL helped realised a small profit. Any businessman spunking money as Amrimovich did looking to walk away breaking even or in profit has massive cajones and probably shouldn’t be in charge any genuine business!

Last edited:
Abromovich spent 2.1b on transfers. Probably another 0.2b on purchasing Chelsea, professional fees etc.

Only the growth in the PL helped realised a small profit. Any businessman spunking money as Amrimovich did looking to walk away breaking even or in profit has massive cajones and probably shouldn’t be in charge any genuine business!
It was sport washing before the word was invented

It was sport washing before the word was invented

Some say Putin explicitly asked Abromovich to undertake this exercise, as you say, sportswashing before the term existed. I think there is a book that claims to have inside info on this. I’m not sure I buy it, Abromovich may have just been spending his money without any prompting.

One thing is for sure: he didn’t need or expect a profit!

Some say Putin explicitly asked Abromovich to undertake this exercise, as you say, sportswashing before the term existed. I think there is a book that claims to have inside info on this. I’m not sure I buy it, Abromovich may have just been spending his money without any prompting.

The money he stole
Yeah maybe
He didn’t need to make make any money that’s for sure

Or abramovich is a passionate football fan and knows it takes spending to win things.

Sent from my SM-T865 using Fapatalk

Have we reached defending Russian oligarchs now?

fudging people are dying, women and children are having unspeakable brick done to them right now, all caused by a man who was enabled, supported and deeply connected to these fudges and we are having a conversation of maybe RA wasn't such a bad guy and liked football?

Have we reached defending Russian oligarchs now?

fudging people are dying, women and children are having unspeakable brick done to them right now, all caused by a man who was enabled, supported and deeply connected to these fudges and we are having a conversation of maybe RA wasn't such a bad guy and liked football?
Can abramovich be both? A great football owner and chairman but with a dubious history?

Can enic also be both - a proper business man who can grow corporates assets but a poor football chairman?

Only a sith sees things in black or white :)

Wasn't just abramovich though. Other oligarchs bought clubs or shares in clubs. Gazprom also sponsored teams/competitions. Allegedly putin wanted influence in order to get the world cup. Bread and circuses.

Yes i was being pedantic. Thought that was clear.
Still the point that he went about it the right way to increase the value of the club is absurd. Seeing as if enic sold spurs or the glazers sold utd they'd have a far better return on their investment.
Yep.... ENIC would make far more money than Abramovic would've, whereas Abramovic won 20 times as many trophies. Tells you a great deal about priorities.

Can abramovich be both? A great football owner and chairman but with a dubious history?

Can enic also be both - a proper business man who can grow corporates assets but a poor football chairman?

Only a sith sees things in black or white :)

No because the line stops when the money to buy and fund the club came from people being murdered for him to gain the level he did.

Wasn't just abramovich though. Other oligarchs bought clubs or shares in clubs. Gazprom also sponsored teams/competitions. Allegedly putin wanted influence in order to get the world cup. Bread and circuses.

Also a plan to get higher within UK circles and closer to the royals, very much like Godophin and horse racing, put money into sports and societies which then make it harder to crack down on things like laundering and international issues like kidnap etc. When loads of banks and buildings are built on dirty money with the knowledge of the higher ups it becomes harder to deal with. They knew all about the Russian stuff, took a war for them to do anything about it so it works

Have we signed anyone yet? seems this is going to be a Levy special.

by levy's standards its still early
\we don't have money to splash so we have to stretch the dollar and take risks.

liverpool gets criticized for paying over the top... but that's the premium to get rare talents and demonstrate support for the manager, who has no excuse but to make sure it works.

i much prefer that simple clarity and accountablity.

at spurs i think some players take advantage of the ambiguity and diffusion of responsibility with the committee of decision makers, none of the members would put up their hand to say i was responsible.

Back