• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Definitely not an out of car window Transfer Thread

Would you take this Brentford guy? Home grown I believe. 27. Got at least 5 years of peak.
Yeah, he came through Blackburn so should be homegrown. Good shot stopper, quick off his line and good with his feet.

Rumours that Kelleher wants at least a loan to get some game time. Don't know if Liverpool would sell to us but worth an inquiry, he's going to be a really top keeper.

Any links to McKennie, used to be a lot in the summer but might just have been because he played for Juve. He looked really good for USA in the WC and is pretty creative, not sure he'd work well in a midfield 2 though.

Any links to McKennie, used to be a lot in the summer but might just have been because he played for Juve. He looked really good for USA in the WC and is pretty creative, not sure he'd work well in a midfield 2 though.

There were some links a week or two ago ..

I don't see that we need him or Kessie, who we're also being linked with. Even if we went 3-5-2 the balance in midfield wouldnt be right

Some groundbreaking ITK from Trix:

After a RWB, and AM this month. We may have to wait for a CB, unless miracles happen with outs.

Conte is a bit happier than he was post Villa. There are a few other bits I've shared bts that I'll drip feed through if they break in the press.

I don't see that we need him or Kessie, who we're also being linked with. Even if we went 3-5-2 the balance in midfield wouldnt be right

Agreed. Unless we're ready to give up on one of Bissouma, PEH or Skipp. If we want to do that both Kessie and McKennie could be good options.

I think we may well be looking for a ball carrying midfielder akin to what we have with Bentacur
I think (I’m guessing completely) that we see Hojberg and Biss and DMs
And bentacur and another as ball carriers/pressers
I don’t think conte has any affinity with Skipp
I think they may see sarr as a hybrid and are trying to work out of and where he fits
So I can see the Kessie links being valid for example

Disappointed to see that Chelsea seem to have agreed a £35m deal for Monaco centre back - Badiashile. He would've been a good option for us I think in that he could work well in either a 3 or a 2 (as I doubt the manager who follows Conte will be one who plays with 3 at the back).

I think we may well be looking for a ball carrying midfielder akin to what we have with Bentacur
I think (I’m guessing completely) that we see Hojberg and Biss and DMs
And bentacur and another as ball carriers/pressers
I don’t think conte has any affinity with Skipp
I think they may see sarr as a hybrid and are trying to work out of and where he fits
So I can see the Kessie links being valid for example
My mind can't help but start to think about Pochettino and how he would play if given our current squad and then who he would want to upgrade ASAP to give us the best chance of success....
Something like the below perhaps if considering those at the club already and he wanted to continue with the diamond that he was trying to put in place towards the end of his time at the club?

------------------------------Lloris
---------------Romero------------------Lenglet
-----------------------------Hojbjerg
Spence----------------------------------------------Sessgnon
-----------Bissouma/Skipp?-------------Bentancur
------------------------------Kulusevski
----------------------Kane------------Richarlison/Son

That above team probably needs a new keeper who is better with the ball at his feet than Lloris and also comes off of his line like Lloris used to do 8 years ago (Brentford's keeper might be a good fit). It would also be crying out for a better (more physical and fast) centre back than Lenglet (Ndicka would be my pick here, especially as he has played as a LB and it is essential that the CBs in a Poch team can defend one on one against wingers). Also perhaps a better option than Bissouma/Skipp in midfield, though I think both are far better than they have shown this season. I think Poch could mould that team above (with Lenglet replaced with a proper fast, physical CB) into a team that could be better than the sum of their parts. If Poch did end up back at Spurs then it wouldn't actually massively surprise me if Regulion and one of Ndombele or Lo Celso came back to the club. I also wonder whether Rodon might be suited to at least be a reasonable back up player as a centre back playing in a two with protection from an out and out holding midfielder.

If we persist with Conte then I think we need to add more players.... At a minimum, a keeper, two new CBs, a RWB and a rotation option for Kulusevski.

Disappointed to see that Chelsea seem to have agreed a £35m deal for Monaco centre back - Badiashile. He would've been a good option for us I think in that he could work well in either a 3 or a 2 (as I doubt the manager who follows Conte will be one who plays with 3 at the back).
I mentioned this yesterday and it is disappointing... they've brought in Koulibaly, Fofana, and now Badiashile. Obviously, Thiago Silva needs to be replaced but we don't show this level of aggression. I'm not saying we need to buy every prospect out there, but it's like we're lacking in targets for the specific positions that we absolutely need. It's been better lately though, so I guess we have to see how our approach fares in the long-term.

edit: Also want to say that you were the one that first mentioned Badiashile over a year ago and I concurred with you back then, so maybe Spurs should hire us as consultants for their recruitment :)

Last edited:
My mind can't help but start to think about Pochettino and how he would play if given our current squad and then who he would want to upgrade ASAP to give us the best chance of success....
Something like the below perhaps if considering those at the club already and he wanted to continue with the diamond that he was trying to put in place towards the end of his time at the club?

------------------------------Lloris
---------------Romero------------------Lenglet
-----------------------------Hojbjerg
Spence----------------------------------------------Sessgnon
-----------Bissouma/Skipp?-------------Bentancur
------------------------------Kulusevski
----------------------Kane------------Richarlison/Son

That above team probably needs a new keeper who is better with the ball at his feet than Lloris and also comes off of his line like Lloris used to do 8 years ago (Brentford's keeper might be a good fit). It would also be crying out for a better (more physical and fast) centre back than Lenglet (Ndicka would be my pick here, especially as he has played as a LB and it is essential that the CBs in a Poch team can defend one on one against wingers). Also perhaps a better option than Bissouma/Skipp in midfield, though I think both are far better than they have shown this season. I think Poch could mould that team above (with Lenglet replaced with a proper fast, physical CB) into a team that could be better than the sum of their parts. If Poch did end up back at Spurs then it wouldn't actually massively surprise me if Regulion and one of Ndombele or Lo Celso came back to the club. I also wonder whether Rodon might be suited to at least be a reasonable back up player as a centre back playing in a two with protection from an out and out holding midfielder.

If we persist with Conte then I think we need to add more players.... At a minimum, a keeper, two new CBs, a RWB and a rotation option for Kulusevski.

It's an interesting perspective, be it Poch or any other more flexible manager

To me there are two variations that seem obvious

- 3-5-2 with a passer/creative player in middle
- 4 at the back, some variation of 4-4-2/4-2-3-1

If you stay 3 at the back and are willing to develop a player and you don't require all the creativity to come from the WBs (with extra man in midfield), Spence, Doherty, Perisic, Sess, Udogie is a decent start. You probably still need another top level CB (the Hugo replacement is on the cards regardless of style/formation, it's age and need for a more modern keeper) and that creative midfielder (two expensive players?)

If you go 4 at the back, Royal and Reguilon might have another life, Romero works, Davies has played the role, you need that CB again, you might be able to pick between a CM and winger for the additional creativity. So back to two expensive outlays plus keeper

If I look at Conte, the ask is
- Two WBs, RWB most critical but LWB as well (don't think Sess cuts it and Perisic will be one year more)
- Top quality CB to partner Romero
- LCB, either sign Lenglet or another
- Cover for Kulusevski
- A CM goal threat
- A keeper

So another 7?

I mentioned this yesterday and it is disappointing... they've brought in Koulibaly, Fofana, and now Badiashile. Obviously, Thiago Silva needs to be replaced but we don't show this level of aggression. I'm not saying we need to buy every prospect out there, but it's like we're lacking in targets for the specific positions that we absolutely need. It's been better lately though, so I guess we have to see how our approach fares in the long-term.
Just because our targets aren't known doesn't mean they don't exist.

Just because our targets aren't known doesn't mean they don't exist.
I'm not insinuating that. That clubs around our level or even below us seem to get their transfers right, generally speaking, is something that should be improved upon. For me, the CB situation is a bit of an emergency in that we only have Romero as a top-quality player there. I'm fine with Davies/Lenglet and Dier being squad players, but in a system where the manager needs THREE CBs to execute his tactic, I would've thought that we'd be more aggressive. It's still early in the window so maybe things happen, or perhaps we need to wait until the summer when more gears can be turned.

What I am saying is that we're generally too passive in the market, although admitting that it's been better in the past year or so since Paratici came in.

Back