• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Definitely not an out of car window Transfer Thread

Could be a very smart signing. Plays the game in a similar way to Jude Bellingham. A very good, mobile, ball carrier. He's nowhere near the finished article but has lots to work with. He is a lot slighter in build than Bellingham however.

Hmm, so like Sarr then in that he has potential on paper but likely Conte won't play him because he's "not ready"/"needs to take time to understand the defensive side of the game" etc, etc?

Could be a very smart signing. Plays the game in a similar way to Jude Bellingham. A very good, mobile, ball carrier. He's nowhere near the finished article but has lots to work with. He is a lot slighter in build than Bellingham however.
He looked to have a great all round game. And confidence in his game.

Amazing how these players are floating around at the foot of Ligue 1.

Hmm, so like Sarr then in that he has potential on paper but likely Conte won't play him because he's "not ready"/"needs to take time to understand the defensive side of the game" etc, etc?

Sarr, Gil, Spence, potentially Udogie... about £80m spent on players that might not even get a look in with Conte.

He used that line on Bissouma for a while too!

My mind can't help but start to think about Pochettino and how he would play if given our current squad and then who he would want to upgrade ASAP to give us the best chance of success....
Something like the below perhaps if considering those at the club already and he wanted to continue with the diamond that he was trying to put in place towards the end of his time at the club?

------------------------------Lloris
---------------Romero------------------Lenglet
-----------------------------Hojbjerg
Spence----------------------------------------------Sessgnon
-----------Bissouma/Skipp?-------------Bentancur
------------------------------Kulusevski
----------------------Kane------------Richarlison/Son

That above team probably needs a new keeper who is better with the ball at his feet than Lloris and also comes off of his line like Lloris used to do 8 years ago (Brentford's keeper might be a good fit). It would also be crying out for a better (more physical and fast) centre back than Lenglet (Ndicka would be my pick here, especially as he has played as a LB and it is essential that the CBs in a Poch team can defend one on one against wingers). Also perhaps a better option than Bissouma/Skipp in midfield, though I think both are far better than they have shown this season. I think Poch could mould that team above (with Lenglet replaced with a proper fast, physical CB) into a team that could be better than the sum of their parts. If Poch did end up back at Spurs then it wouldn't actually massively surprise me if Regulion and one of Ndombele or Lo Celso came back to the club. I also wonder whether Rodon might be suited to at least be a reasonable back up player as a centre back playing in a two with protection from an out and out holding midfielder.

If we persist with Conte then I think we need to add more players.... At a minimum, a keeper, two new CBs, a RWB and a rotation option for Kulusevski.
One player who could suit the left CB role and seems to be quite an aggressive, but quick player is Hincapie who I remember a while back says he models his game on Romero or something similar
I thought Ndicka played well against us away but was poor at the Lane

reya would be a good fit and Brentford would sell and probably know who they would replace him with as they are smart
Said it the other day, Pickford would suit a possession based team too and can play it out from the back well

My mind can't help but start to think about Pochettino and how he would play if given our current squad and then who he would want to upgrade ASAP to give us the best chance of success....
Something like the below perhaps if considering those at the club already and he wanted to continue with the diamond that he was trying to put in place towards the end of his time at the club?

------------------------------Lloris
---------------Romero------------------Lenglet
-----------------------------Hojbjerg
Spence----------------------------------------------Sessgnon
-----------Bissouma/Skipp?-------------Bentancur
------------------------------Kulusevski
----------------------Kane------------Richarlison/Son

That above team probably needs a new keeper who is better with the ball at his feet than Lloris and also comes off of his line like Lloris used to do 8 years ago (Brentford's keeper might be a good fit). It would also be crying out for a better (more physical and fast) centre back than Lenglet (Ndicka would be my pick here, especially as he has played as a LB and it is essential that the CBs in a Poch team can defend one on one against wingers). Also perhaps a better option than Bissouma/Skipp in midfield, though I think both are far better than they have shown this season. I think Poch could mould that team above (with Lenglet replaced with a proper fast, physical CB) into a team that could be better than the sum of their parts. If Poch did end up back at Spurs then it wouldn't actually massively surprise me if Regulion and one of Ndombele or Lo Celso came back to the club. I also wonder whether Rodon might be suited to at least be a reasonable back up player as a centre back playing in a two with protection from an out and out holding midfielder.

If we persist with Conte then I think we need to add more players.... At a minimum, a keeper, two new CBs, a RWB and a rotation option for Kulusevski.

Given time that could work. If some of the younger players develop as we hope they would.

Kane and Son won't do the pressing thing to a sufficient level though so I think a move to Pochettino style football would probably have to include some new solutions in those roles or changes to the overall system to reduce the pressing required.

Given time that could work. If some of the younger players develop as we hope they would.

Kane and Son won't do the pressing thing to a sufficient level though so I think a move to Pochettino style football would probably have to include some new solutions in those roles or changes to the overall system to reduce the pressing required.

Valid point re the high press, only Richi & Gil actually press consistently from the top

I’d still like Ismail Sarr to come from Watford
His contract has 18 months left and he can play both sides of the attack
For Watford in the championship he is averaging a goal or assist every other game
And in the prem it was 7 in 22 the year they went down
Only 24 and a big guy which we know conte likes

For Watford in the championship he is averaging a goal or assist every other game
Looked excellent in the WC too

Yes, I agree. Feels like a Tottenham-style signing - still young, short contract etc. Let Moura leave and sign him

Sarr would be a clever signing as cover for the wing positions but does he offer the creativity we'd require in our Kulu backup?

Sarr would be a clever signing as cover for the wing positions but does he offer the creativity we'd require in our Kulu backup?
I think so
It’s the role he plays for both club and country, feeding mane
He was their stand out in the WC too and is a mate of our very own Sarr

He's quite direct, so would maybe naturally be more Moura's replacement as Son's backup, whilst Gil is more Kulusevski's back-up as the indirect option.

I just like him because he's got that combination of being direct, but having end product (crosses and passes, if not yet really goals).

The Mail was one of a few places where we were linked with both Porro and Marcus Edwards from Sporting.
I wonder if there's a clever double deal to be done there in the same way as Kulusevski and Bentancur where we overpay on one to save the other club money for a sell-on clause with the other. And with us still having a hefty Edwards sell-on clause, it's a way for us to reduce our actual outlay too.

The Mail was one of a few places where we were linked with both Porro and Marcus Edwards from Sporting.
I wonder if there's a clever double deal to be done there in the same way as Kulusevski and Bentancur where we overpay on one to save the other club money for a sell-on clause with the other. And with us still having a hefty Edwards sell-on clause, it's a way for us to reduce our actual outlay too.

I don't think there's any chance we want Edwards back.

However, I do suspect we might be working on a deal that would involve waiving our sell-on on him, in exchange for a lower fee on Porro. We did something a bit similar with Bale and Southampton didn't we, where we paid a fee in exchange for cancelling their sell-on.

However, I do suspect we might be working on a deal that would involve waiving our sell-on on him, in exchange for a lower fee on Porro. We did something a bit similar with Bale and Southampton didn't we, where we paid a fee in exchange for cancelling their sell-on.

That would a very Levy style deal though it does mean toyu need to value both Edwards and Porro

Back