• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Definitely not an out of car window Transfer Thread

Unless you're prepared to pay exactly what the selling team wants then the ball is in their court and it's in their interest to drag things out

Yeah of course, I just thought this window might be different with the World Cup going on and no club games for such a long period. I thought maybe the low ball offers and early sounding out might be out of the way already and clubs closer to agreements earlier in the official window etc.
If I was a player looking to move I would always try and drag it out and see what comes about later in the window but just thought this one might be different. Who knows, Maybe Porro and 1 or 2 others will rock up in the next week or so haha

Let's see, If we start getting some transfer links in the next day or two then maybe Conte will have been given those assurances he was after. If it says quiet then we could be expecting him to walk!

Let's see, If we start getting some transfer links in the next day or two then maybe Conte will have been given those assurances he was after. If it says quiet then we could be expecting him to walk!
We are linked all the time
The links are generally fake or agent talk so mean very little
What I will say is we do move quick when we can get a deal done, despite what our fans say. It’s how we got bissouma done and also the Juve two

Marcus Edwards , paper waffle. Has one good game against us and instantly linked with a return. Laughable.
Would not go near him in a million years.

Why not?

I don't watch Portuguese football, but by all accounts he's done well there. Really started playing up to his potential. Thrives in a role where we're desperate (imo) for an option. Home grown. What's not to like?

Why not?

I don't watch Portuguese football, but by all accounts he's done well there. Really started playing up to his potential. Thrives in a role where we're desperate (imo) for an option. Home grown. What's not to like?

Simple . Priority’s. We only have so much money.

We need at least 2 decent Centre backs . Wing backs and a cm.

He’s the last thing we should be looking at.

Simple . Priority’s. We only have so much money.

We need at least 2 decent Centre backs . Wing backs and a cm.

He’s the last thing we should be looking at.

And creativity.

Goals win games.
Reduced attacking threat increases pressure on an average defence.
Increased attacking threat helps an average defence paper over it's cracks.

Priorities.

And creativity.

Goals win games.

Priorities.
Exactly. City have some pretty average defenders (Ake, Stones, Laporte), but because their midfield and attack are so good at keeping the ball, and winning it back, the defence is rarely tested, so they don't really need top class defenders, just capable defenders that can control the ball and pass.

And creativity.

Goals win games.

Priorities.
To an extent I agree . That said our two man midfield will see us surrender possession and the fact we have little to no threat from wingback means we need to do a load of defending.
Defenders and Wingbacks are priority’s before a Marcus Edwards type.

And creativity.

Goals win games.

Priorities.
Goals win games but nobody is going to score three goals a game and that is what we've needed to do lately.
Need to sort out defence first.

To an extent I agree . That said our two man midfield will see us surrender possession and the fact we have little to no threat from wingback means we need to do a load of defending.
Defenders and Wingbacks are priority’s before a Marcus Edwards type.
We have been getting more possession in our recent games
That was with a 2 man midfield
Our defence hasn’t had much to do yet still looks weak

We have been getting more possession in our recent games
That was with a 2 man midfield
Our defence hasn’t had much to do yet still looks weak
It does. My view is that only one of the CBs(Romero) is up to it. The rest are bang average. Hence needing an upgrade. Lenglet is decent on the ball but not great defensively.

Goals win games but nobody is going to score three goals a game and that is what we've needed to do lately.
Need to sort out defence first.
That completely overlooks all of the points I made :D

Give some examples of teams above mid table that are poor up top, but great at the back?

60% possession in our last two games and it didn't stop us conceding. We have a poor keeper that is costing us goals, defenders making basic mistakes and a midfield that can't protect the defence.
Until that is sorted we will still give goals away even if we have 60%+ possession.
Hey Hugo has to be replaced
I even said that earlier
He would hurt the confidence of a brick wall right now

It does. My view is that only one of the CBs(Romero) is up to it. The rest are bang average. Hence needing an upgrade. Lenglet is decent on the ball but not great defensively.
But you can fix a defence by doing the basics better

That completely overlooks all of the points I made :D

Give some examples of teams above mid table that are poor up top, but great at the back?
Our attack is fine, we've scored the joint third most goals our problem is at the back, there is only so many cracks a good attack can paper over.

But you can fix a defence by doing the basics better
You can . We clearly wanted CB in the summer as the links to Bastoni etc.

Dier , Sanchez , Tanganga can’t be trusted to do the basics. Their concentration lets them down. Davies is steady for the most part. Still not good enough.

Chelsea in for Badiashile... so that is one less option for us. I'm honestly not sure what our transfer strategy is with bringing Lenglet in. To be fair, it's been better than the pre-Conte years so there's a lot of catching up to do. Bentancur, Kulu, Destiny, Bissouma, Richarlison are all good buys. The fact that it wasn't enough says more about our current squad but of course, 3 of those 5 are injured, 1 is still not exactly proven (but I'm sure Destiny will tear it up here in a season or two) and Bissouma needs a little more time to find his feet here.
As for replacements for Dier, there are clear options to upgrade out there within our financial reach. But then people talk about not wanting "side-grades" as if we're aiming so low and it's a hopeless cause so we just need to deal with it. Let's aim for getting Conference League then, why aim for the title? Almost everything else is in place for us to challenge and this weak mentality and ultimately weak execution should not be tolerated.

Back