• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Definitely not an out of car window Transfer Thread

Ronaldo has signed a $75m p.a. deal with Al Nassr!!

Not sure where to post...serious pay day for him!
He was on a basic £25m+ at Utd, doesn’t sound like enough of an increase to warrant living in Saudi and basically retiring from competitive football, to me anyway.

He was on a basic £25m+ at Utd, doesn’t sound like enough of an increase to warrant living in Saudi and basically retiring from competitive football, to me anyway.

Yep, no amount of Ken Bigley and CSI Istanbul re runs can make up for the fact its Saudi

Not surehow much money we have to spend.

But I would focus as follows, sell Reguilon, Sanchez and Tanganga and Royal. Would then use the money to sign two centre backs and a right back while loaning out Spence and also our more promising youth team defenders like Dorington. We need to get the conveyor belt going.

If we sign quality players in defence we would even with sales be minus 30 million.

In midfield I would sell Lo Celso, Ndombele, Hoilberg, Gil and lucas on a free. White needs a loan or a free transfer for his sake.
I would sign Brozovic (however you spell it) on a free, then I would look to a creative midfielder, really not sure who, a right winger like Olise and also look to be creative in the loan market by paying 10m for kessie for a loan for the season.

If we do sign good players in these positions minus our sales we could be about -30 million again. So overall down -60 million. We should also be promoting our best youth players to be part of the squad and or league football loans.

In the striker position I would sell Son 50 million and Kane 80 million. Using it to buy Vlahovic(spelling probably wrong) and Omishen.
Might have to spend a little more then we would get in, but kane and son will be worth nothing in 18 months, not talking just about contracts but form as well.

All in all a net spend of 100 million there. I appreciate Conte might not like it and we would need a more progressive coach. But that painful refresh Poch talked about is still needed and we can't do it with son and kane at the club.

We might possibly stand a chance of getting that young striker at Dortmund if he knew kane and Son were off. A free signing though I imagine with a big signing on fee.

100% the Saudi's will get it in 2030

Thought it was going to go by if not continent then region.

America and Mexico is the next one which includes central and North America.

A lot of talk about a joint Uruguay and Argentina bid which would be south America. Then you have Europe and Asia, the Aussies seemingly really want to host one.

Don't get how it can go back to the middle east in the next 4 times.

Slightly biased as I am European (@Spur of the moment) but think Europe should hold it one in every three goes as Europe is the most important football region.

Also with an expanded world cup meaning more matches which other region has the stadia for it.

The European championships really are just as good as the world cup most of the time.

A lot of talk about a joint Uruguay and Argentina bid which would be south America. Then you have Europe and Asia, the Aussies seemingly really want to host one.

Slightly biased as I am European (@Spur of the moment) but think Europe should hold it one in every three goes as Europe is the most important football region.

Also with an expanded world cup meaning more matches which other region has the stadia for it.

The European championships really are just as good as the world cup most of the time.

Fifa want to hold it in new countries in order to "grow" the game.

££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££

I'm pretty sure it used to be one in Europe then one rest of of world etc. Not sure if that unwritten rule goes out the window with all these places trying to host now

I'm pretty sure it used to be one in Europe then one rest of of world etc. Not sure if that unwritten rule goes out the window with all these places trying to host now

A long time ago, when Germany had just been picked as hosts for 2006, they stated that the aim was to rotate through all six confederations. They went Africa, South America and then decided money was more important. This one was played in a country with a population of just 313,000 (plus 2 million guest workers), the next one will be share between three huge countries. In the future it will probably be alternating between wealthy autocracies like Qatar, Saudi, China, Azerbajian to name a few and the really big nations (China is a big country, but not so much in a footballing sense) that actually has the infrastructure, but are less willing to pay for it while FIFA take all the income.

Traditionally europe and south america alternated (with mexico being honorary south americans). But that obviously finished in 1994.

I think it makes sense now to do europe, americas, asia-oceania and africa on a 4 point cycle

A long time ago, when Germany had just been picked as hosts for 2006, they stated that the aim was to rotate through all six confederations. They went Africa, South America and then decided money was more important. This one was played in a country with a population of just 313,000 (plus 2 million guest workers), the next one will be share between three huge countries. In the future it will probably be alternating between wealthy autocracies like Qatar, Saudi, China, Azerbajian to name a few and the really big nations (China is a big country, but not so much in a footballing sense) that actually has the infrastructure, but are less willing to pay for it while FIFA take all the income.

Only a matter of time until China host it. Lots of countries in Asia that are really into football but I don't think they'd have the money or infrastructure for it like Indonesia, Thailand, Malaysia. India don't really have much interest in football but as they grow can see them wanting to get on the big stage.

Back