• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Definitely not an out of car window Transfer Thread

What suggests we are going to sit back and not strengthen the squad?
Bad moods and moaning I think
We should have really brought some of the players at the World Cup, whilst they were playing. Would have been easy then
Paratici could have met them all in one place and job done ;);)

A lot must be riding on Paratici pulling a rabbit out of the hat with Ndombele, Le Celco and Regulion. If they return in the summer, they will exceed our wage bill ceiling. Paratici has budgets and criteria to follow. Not least wage bill and spend. If he can somehow get these 3 off the books - even for a combined 10m - we would be able to spend. If he can't, then we'll remain a little hamstrung. Signing maybe 1 player instead of 2 or 3.

If Paratici hasn't been earning his money in the last few weeks during the World Cup then I'd be shocked. Surely he has enough contacts in Italy still to have laid the ground work for at least one or two solid January deals

A lot must be riding on Paratici pulling a rabbit out of the hat with Ndombele, Le Celco and Regulion. If they return in the summer, they will exceed our wage bill ceiling. Paratici has budgets and criteria to follow. Not least wage bill and spend. If he can somehow get these 3 off the books - even for a combined 10m - we would be able to spend. If he can't, then we'll remain a little hamstrung. Signing maybe 1 player instead of 2 or 3.

"If they return in the summer, they will exceed our wage bill ceiling"

Is that right? Surprises me that we're that close to the limit

Separately, they've each got another 2.5 years left on their deals with us so would have thought we'd be able to get £10m comfortably for them combined

If Paratici hasn't been earning his money in the last few weeks during the World Cup then I'd be shocked. Surely he has enough contacts in Italy still to have laid the ground work for at least one or two solid January deals

Yes, and its one advantage of a DoF structure

A DoF isn't there to have windows pass by with no activity. They almost need to do *something* just to justify their existence and salary

Separately, they've each got another 2.5 years left on their deals with us so would have thought we'd be able to get £10m comfortably for them combined
It’s speculation
We have massive head room in our wage bill
The issue will be values of these players for selling them

It’s speculation
We have massive head room in our wage bill
The issue will be values of these players for selling them

I agree with you about the wage bill - its why I was surprised about the comment.

As for their values, if the hurdles getting £10m per the other person said, we should clear that. We'd get more than that for either LoCelso or Reggie. Tubby has the salary issue. The others are on £70k and £50k

I agree with you about the wage bill - its why I was surprised about the comment.

As for their values, if the hurdles getting £10m per the other person said, we should clear that. We'd get more than that for either LoCelso or Reggie. Tubby has the salary issue. The others are on £70k and £50k
Tubby will trigger the CL piece at Napoli. They will win the league if they carry on playing like they have
Lo celso is wanted but we know clubs have no money
Reggie too but we dont know how his stomach issues are gonna affect him
If tanguy has a £30m fee associated with the CL trigger we should be able to get the same again for other two combined considering their status
That’s an ok return and a £300k wage relief (£15m a year again based on rumoured wages)
There is talk of Napoli trying to negotiate that fee this window

The point is, Paratici can't go out and sign too many expensive players with these 3 still on our balance sheet and wage bill. Get rid of them, and he will have license to spend more freely. If all 3 return in the summer we'll have what 10-20m more on our yearly wage bill? Massive sums. So a lot rides on whether we can get rid, and free ourselves up. The fee we get for them is almost incidental now.

bad timing with paratici now under investigation. perhaps we will see recent changes in the scouting team pay off.

A lot hangs in the balance right now.

Arsenal and Saudi Sportswashing Machine seem to be finding real quality and rhythm. United are looking better. City are City, Chelsea are spending all of the money and Liverpool will probably bounce back sooner or later.

Meanwhile Conte's future at the club seems linked to our success in bringing in the right players for him and his system. He's demanding and there are real holes left to be filled in the squad. We can't spend like Chelsea do, so how will be fill these holes?

Linked to that Kane's future at the club may be linked to Conte's. Even if not directly linked, there's an indirect link. If we can't make the short term plan work any longer term plan will at some become a plan to succeed without Kane and Son (and Lloris, and Perisic) due to their age. Replacing them without a reasonable level of ongoing success will be really difficult to do.

The "fallback" option of a longer term, Pochettino style project doesn't look as attractive at this starting point as it did back when he took over.

It's a really unfortunate way to go into the notoriously difficult January transfer window with a limited budget. We really need Paratici to recreate the success of the last January window, but that's a massive task.

On a bright note I do think important reinforcements in January is very much doable. Even though the top level players we'd all want may not be.

I maintain that our strongest 11 is actually rather good, good enough for top 4. The problem is that one or two players missing and the rotation options are either not good enough or a poor fit to the system. Even good players, that fit the system and are ready to do a job could make a real difference.

Ignoring the possibility of a world class window, trying to keep it somewhat realistic this would be my hope:
-Backup for Kulusevski. For example Malinovskyi.
-New RWB. Top level right now isn't on the table. Pedro Porro or someone at a similar level wood improve is significantly.
-New "Lenglet level" right sided CB option.

Giving us another and a different RWB option to Doherty. Giving us some Kulusevski cover that fits the system (Richarlison and Moura do not). Giving us a ball playing RCB option when Romero isn't playing.

On a bright note I do think important reinforcements in January is very much doable. Even though the top level players we'd all want may not be.

I maintain that our strongest 11 is actually rather good, good enough for top 4. The problem is that one or two players missing and the rotation options are either not good enough or a poor fit to the system. Even good players, that fit the system and are ready to do a job could make a real difference.

Ignoring the possibility of a world class window, trying to keep it somewhat realistic this would be my hope:
-Backup for Kulusevski. For example Malinovskyi.
-New RWB. Top level right now isn't on the table. Pedro Porro or someone at a similar level wood improve is significantly.
-New "Lenglet level" right sided CB option.

Giving us another and a different RWB option to Doherty. Giving us some Kulusevski cover that fits the system (Richarlison and Moura do not). Giving us a ball playing RCB option when Romero isn't playing.
I don’t think we have seen the rotation options
What we have seen is the rotation being actual replacements because of injuries
Rotation is when we have son on the bench for a few games
Do agree where we need to strengthen though

The Croatian right back at Celtic could be a real option
£8M apparently and he was class during the World Cup

I think he is unhappy there because of a wage dispute, could be an easy deal.
Never seen him though so don't know how good he is.
Should be all over the murdyk (sp) lad at shaktar, i see arsenal are sniffing around him though.

I don’t think we have seen the rotation options
What we have seen is the rotation being actual replacements because of injuries
Rotation is when we have son on the bench for a few games
Do agree where we need to strengthen though

Yeah, by rotation options I meant most of the players outside our strongest 11.

What's frustrating is that every man and his dog knows Conte needs a couple of top quality CBs, RB and a creative midfield player.

The luxury of a top keeper and then we can talk about finishing in the top four.

Cant see arsenal, Emirates Marketing Project, Saudi Sportswashing Machine slipping and add Liverpool playing in form with Chelsea and United ... we could well end up finishing 6th/7th in the league.

Back conte now or just admit that we are fodder and pretending to compete and not just making up the numbers.

I would say more than ever now is the time to back our manager or get ready for another cringeworthy summer statement from the chairman.

I think he is unhappy there because of a wage dispute, could be an easy deal.
Never seen him though so don't know how good he is.
Should be all over the murdyk (sp) lad at shaktar, i see arsenal are sniffing around him though.
Not for the fee they want
He is another potentially great player but they won’t sell for less than £50m up front
I think for that I’d go for Maddison or Harvey Barnes

Back