• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Definitely not an out of car window Transfer Thread

Agree with most of that, however we make excuses for our team and have had just as many at the wc as the top teams.

Our rivals don't really need to strengthen as much as we do to cement a top four finish, no?

However there is certainly an envy the way Liverpool just got gakpo done and dusted without the easter bonus, sell on clause, and long drawn out transfer saga
Why are our rivals behind is if they don’t need to strengthen as much as us?

pool have got Gakpo done as it seems no one else was serious about buying him and they have agreed a record fee for a player from that league I believe. That’s fine if they think he is worth it but clearly other teams didn’t

we need some new players like every team but we need ones who are better than we have, and first and foremost players that conte will actually play. That’s the kicker as he is a bastard for getting clubs to buy players and stick with what he has

Do people really think we will ship out Royale who seems to be Conte’s first choice?

He was at the start of the season but Conte kept talking about how Doherty wasnt fully fit

Given MOD started on Monday, will be telling who he starts on Sunday. If its Doherty, then its clear what the pecking order now is

Last edited:

pool have got Gakpo done as it seems no one else was serious about buying him and they have agreed a record fee for a player from that league I believe. That’s fine if they think he is worth it but clearly other teams didn’t

we need some new players like every team but we need ones who are better than we have, and first and foremost players that conte will actually play. That’s the kicker as he is a bastard for getting clubs to buy players and stick with what he has

Chelsea got a new manager in, but have a more balanced squad.

United are starting to hit some form and again have balanced the squad compared to ours.

Liverpool had a dip in form and are starting to move through the gears.

We have been stuttering with and without our first IX ... isn't it glaring that we have the most unbalanced squad vs our rivals.

United are starting to hit some form and again have balanced the squad compared to ours.

We have been stuttering with and without our first IX ... isn't it glaring that we have the most unbalanced squad vs our rivals.
No, not really
Chelsea and United need a striker…. They are expensive
United played Shaw CB last night because they didn’t have the depth he is happy with
Pool were outplayed by villa and a decent team would have punished them. Pool are also in dire need of more players, hence why they are buying Gakpo
Chelsea are also buying players because they know their squad isn’t balanced as you call it.
Having a lot of players the manager doesn’t trust is what those club have… we do too

The only imbalance we really have is a lack of creative players, and that's a deliberate tactical choice

What a random yet totally baseless and unprovable thing to claim.

Agree with your point in the 2nd paragraph about buying players that are better than the ones we have, that's a really insightful idea, you should definitely email the club, in case they were going in to the window looking to buy players that are worse than the ones we have. Same with the buying players that Conte will play, rather than ones he won't play. :rolleyes:

Pedro Porro is a good option, I'd be very happy if we brought him in.
Jurrien Timber would be a good option for CB (right-footed). Not sure if any other teams are looking into him, but I would imagine they would be.
I've mentioned Scalvini so many times, for me this would be a PARATICI SPECIAL™ and would give me an erection lasting for at least the next 3-4 months.

I am going to put a name out of nowhere here, but for the future to be a Kane replacement: Emre Tezgel
He's only 17 so to reiterate, not ready now so deal with loan-back for rest of season plus another season or two developing on loan. Obviously may not make it but has very high potential, worth a gamble now while it's cheap IMO.

What a random yet totally baseless and unprovable thing to claim.

Agree with your point in the 2nd paragraph about buying players that are better than the ones we have, that's a really insightful idea, you should definitely email the club, in case they were going in to the window looking to buy players that are worse than the ones we have. Same with the buying players that Conte will play, rather than ones he won't play. :rolleyes:
United didn’t step up their interest yet we’re the club most likely even a few hours before pool signed him
He was never rumoured to be on pools radar
They then came in and stepped up. That’s how you do it. Clearly united didn’t want to buy him or pay that much for him
And we brought Spence… under contes watch, and he ain’t paying him

Pedro Porro is a good option, I'd be very happy if we brought him in.
Jurrien Timber would be a good option for CB (right-footed). Not sure if any other teams are looking into him, but I would imagine they would be.
I've mentioned Scalvini so many times, for me this would be a PARATICI SPECIAL™ and would give me an erection lasting for at least the next 3-4 months.

I am going to put a name out of nowhere here, but for the future to be a Kane replacement: Emre Tezgel
He's only 17 so to reiterate, not ready now so deal with loan-back for rest of season plus another season or two developing on loan. Obviously may not make it but has very high potential, worth a gamble now while it's cheap IMO.

Tell me about this erection you talk of? What's so good about it? Can it do a job in this squad and if so what?

Tell me about this erection you talk of? What's so good about it? Can it do a job in this squad and if so what?
He is an 19 year old at Atalanta
Already called by Italy and for sure one who may well become top drawer
For me it would make sense if we signed him to leave him on loan like arsenal did with Saliba

United didn’t step up their interest yet we’re the club most likely even a few hours before pool signed him
He was never rumoured to be on pools radar
They then came in and stepped up. That’s how you do it. Clearly united didn’t want to buy him or pay that much for him
And we brought Spence… under contes watch, and he ain’t paying him

It's almost as if the press don't know everything that's going on but perhaps, rather than your half- baked assumptions inspired by conjecture, gakpo wanted to play for Liverpool and the clubs came to an agreement - It may not have much to do with other clubs being "serious" about buying him but you have decided that it has.

And yep, as I said, tell the club / Paratici because you're definitely on to something in regards to buying better players that Conte will play. I can probably find an email address if you'd like*

*If it's not clear, I'm mocking how obvious your suggestions are but as long as you are enjoying posting them then who am I to judge

It can probably defend the near post.
He is an 19 year old at Atalanta
Already called by Italy and for sure one who may well become top drawer
For me it would make sense if we signed him to leave him on loan like arsenal did with Saliba
Oh...
Yes, well said. I don't want to put pressure on Udogie just yet but I do have high hopes for him. Scalvini will be in the same realm of measured hype for me. He can also play as a DM, and IMO we need a cultured, ball-playing defender to play in Conte's system (or really, any manager would benefit from this).

I don't really have any left-sided targets besides Gvardiol but we all know he's not coming here. I want us to go for Scalvini now because otherwise, he will be out of our reach in a year or two.

I think a proper LCB transforms us as much as a RWB. Don’t know who that is though. I think hindsight might show Badiashille was worth a shout, instead we will be stuck chasing unrealistic targets like Bastoni and Gvaridol, but end up with mediocre level like Lenglet (I understand Badishille may turn out to be no better than Lenglet)

Any top class player in a position where we don't have one would improve us.

For me both Lenglet and Davies are good enough. Not top class, but good, fit the system well. And at LCB we have those two (for now at least).

Would rather see us spend money elsewhere. RWB, RCB, right sided attacking options. Romero and Kulusevski are better players than Lenglet and Davies if one can compare in that way. But the drop off from them to the backups is huge and has proven a real issue.

I've very rarely been sat after a game thinking that Davies or Lenglet were the main issue. When Romero or Kulusevski aren't playing those positions are almost always an issue.

If a top level LCB is available at an acceptable cost that could change things perhaps, but I don't think one is.

Porro in, and probably loaning out Royal to someone in Spain makes a lot of sense but I'm not entirely convinced about signing someone who is 30 and another who turns 30 in 2023

Malinovski on a near freebie to add depth on the bench is a sensible deal. I think we need to be after a younger first choice CCB rather than someone who we're thinking about needing to replace in a couple years. Plus an old CB moving into a much faster paced league than he's ever played in too is a risk - not convinced that its worth taking

I agree somewhat.

With Malinovskyi we already have Kulusevski for that role who is rather young so it's not like there's a need for direct succession planning.

Assuming De Vrij would be mainly a CCB I kind of agree, would be him and Dier and a need for replacement in the medium term. However that experience and fit for the system at a low cost... Chances are when De Vrij is too old both Conte and a back three may be a thing of the past for us anyway.

I think they would be fine deals personally. Free up some money for other areas. Get Conte what he needs short term without spending too much in those areas.

Still would need a RCB option though unless De Vrij/Dier can cover that successfully. I have my doubts.

Need clubs to take them. Gil is easy, sarr won't count as he's u21 for the prem squad. So probably 2 more senior players would have to go. Moura? Who'd take him? Tanganga maybe but he's hg so would need Sanchez to go too probably.

Just speculation on my part, but I think we may look to sell Sanchez if we can get in another right footed centre back.

Conte has essentially tried all other options at RCB with Romero out. Tanganga. Dier at RCB with Lenglet in the centre.

Seems rather obvious that he doesn't particularly rate Sanchez, but doesn't have any other good options when Romero is out.

Back