• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Definitely not an out of car window Transfer Thread

Need 2 CB’s in Jan, or we can forget about doing anything particularly good this season, simple as that! Can’t keep expecting our attack to score 2 or 3 every game.

another body in the front line wouldn’t go a miss what with Moura broken, basically out the entire season / foreseeable and Richarlson missing more games than he plays.

if he doesn’t fancy Spence then a right sided player would be nice as well!

Need 2 CB’s in Jan, or we can forget about doing anything particularly good this season, simple as that! Can’t keep expecting our attack to score 2 or 3 every game.

another body in the front line wouldn’t go a miss what with Moura broken, basically out the entire season / foreseeable and Richarlson missing more games than he plays.

if he doesn’t fancy Spence then a right sided player would be nice as well!

A bit more creativity in midfield would be welcome too. But as you say, strengthening the central defence should be top, top priority. As long as we're set up the way we are, with Conte seemingly happy to let us soak up pressure and be pushed back for the first half of games, we need defenders that are able to cope with that pressure.

A bit more creativity in midfield would be welcome too. But as you say, strengthening the central defence should be top, top priority. As long as we're set up the way we are, with Conte seemingly happy to let us soak up pressure and be pushed back for the first half of games, we need defenders that are able to cope with that pressure.

Conte said after the game that we didnt need defenders this window. Could just be a cover story of course

Conte said after the game that we didnt need defenders this window. Could just be a cover story of course

Imo he just meant we have the numbers. He'll still want to improve the quality. Will be hard in jan though. What teams sill want to sell their best defenders mid season?

Are we going to sit back and let everyone build stronger squads than us? Chelsea are signing anything that moves, Arsenal are seriously linked to 2 or 3 players, Liverpool are signing Gakpo and i have no doubt they will sign a few more and we know Saudi Sportswashing Machine and United will strengthen. I have a fear we are going to be left behind and will end up fighting it out for the Europa league places for the next 5 - 10 years.

Are we going to sit back and let everyone build stronger squads than us? Chelsea are signing anything that moves, Arsenal are seriously linked to 2 or 3 players, Liverpool are signing Gakpo and i have no doubt they will sign a few more and we know Saudi Sportswashing Outfit and United will strengthen. I have a fear we are going to be left behind and will end up fighting it out for the Europa league places for the next 5 - 10 years.

I’m usually pretty optimistic about things but I agree. It really feels like we’re going to be left behind, and it’s quite depressing. Seeing Liverpool sign Gakpo in about 30 mins, Chelsea doing what they always do and Saudi Sportswashing Machine to come too, it’s taking away the enjoyment of Spurs and the Premier League for me.

Are we going to sit back and let everyone build stronger squads than us? Chelsea are signing anything that moves, Arsenal are seriously linked to 2 or 3 players, Liverpool are signing Gakpo and i have no doubt they will sign a few more and we know Saudi Sportswashing Outfit and United will strengthen. I have a fear we are going to be left behind and will end up fighting it out for the Europa league places for the next 5 - 10 years.
Yup, of course we are, we haven't bought anyone all year and never spend anything, Levy's a miser etc

Net spend by club for the past year:
  1. Saudi Sportswashing Machine – £211.31m.
  2. Chelsea – £201.32m.
  3. Manchester United – £196.05m.
  4. Tottenham – £147.85m.
Arsenal were 7th and Liverpool 11th

I’m usually pretty optimistic about things but I agree. It really feels like we’re going to be left behind, and it’s quite depressing. Seeing Liverpool sign Gakpo in about 30 mins, Chelsea doing what they always do and Saudi Sportswashing Outfit to come too, it’s taking away the enjoyment of Spurs and the Premier League for me.
Gakpo really isn’t all that … we’ll be is Bergwein MK2
I’d be more concerned about Saudi Sportswashing Machine as they are the team were trying to catch first

Yup, of course we are, we haven't bought anyone all year and never spend anything, Levy's a miser etc

Net spend by club for the past year:
  1. Saudi Sportswashing Outfit – £211.31m.
  2. Chelsea – £201.32m.
  3. Manchester United – £196.05m.
  4. Tottenham – £147.85m.
Arsenal were 7th and Liverpool 11th
How are arsenal 7th… they spent loads and didn’t bring any money in

We will spend money
What we can’t do is spend money on players conte won’t play
We also can’t bank on any sales from the loanees which does hurt us as they will potentially all end up back here on decent wages
Interesting reading that Napoli want to renegotiate the Tubby loan deal. They must be confident of top 3 and that triggered a £30m buy, according to rumours.

Jesus, Zinchenko and Viera were their only big signings in the year, rest were cheap and they did off load a few squad players, think it said about £20m from sales and loans in article I read.

Jesus, Zinchenko and Viera were their only big signings in the year, rest were cheap and they did off load a few squad players, think it said about £20m from sales and loans in article I read.
That was still a decent outlay
And as I’ve even saying …. 2 of those 3 aren’t starting for them
It shows it’s less about signings and more about getting your best players fit and on the pitch

That was still a decent outlay
And as I’ve even saying …. 2 of those 3 aren’t starting for them
It shows it’s less about signings and more about getting your best players fit and on the pitch
It's about the right signings, not the cost and as you say, getting your best players on the pitch. Kulu and Bentancur are our two best signings in a long time and they were relatively cheap.

It's about the right signings, not the cost and as you say, getting your best players on the pitch. Kulu and Bentancur are our two best signings in a long time and they were relatively cheap.
Romero
Perisic
We haven’t had our best 11 available for any games this season

Arsenal did their big spend the summer before. Brought in nothing in jan and spent less than us in the summer. The summer we were the 4th highest spending club in europe (guessing the world aswell).

What suggests we are going to sit back and not strengthen the squad?

Back