• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Definitely not an out of car window Transfer Thread

They have always signed Galaticos too
I remember when Beckham signed for them I went to his 1st game
Did the tour the day before and the guy doing the tour said in the week after he signed they sold almost 1m Beckham shirts worldwide at £75 a pop
Basically made the money back and some on what they paid for him in his entire contract in a week
Ah the old myth they make the money in shirt sales
Don’t forget these clubs don’t get the sales fee. They actually get a small% unless they do a deal like we did
We signed up with Nike for less money but we own the rights to the name and badge during the contract

Ah the old myth they make the money in shirt sales
Don’t forget these clubs don’t get the sales fee. They actually get a small% unless they do a deal like we did
We signed up with Nike for less money but we own the rights to the name and badge during the contract

And even ours is more % than anything else, takes loads of risk out of it

It’s not about risk in our deal it’s about ability to earn more by selling more

Very much about a level of risk, you take a guaranteed amount up front without having to worry about number of sales.

My mates the commercial director at under armour and sets up these deal across multi sports, clubs now wany to shoulder less risk on sales and manufacturers take on more of the commercial burden and try to pump shirts through more channels

Same for us and the NFL merchandise, we take more of an upfront amount from the NFL and less on sales for the same reason

A certain clever (not to mention suave and good looking) poster on here was recommending him as a signing back when Mourinho was our manager.
TBF, I'm the one that started the Gvardiol thread in the transfer rumor section but now that that ship has sailed IMO, I'm now beating the Scalvini drum. All that to say that I'm not clever, suave, or good looking :)

The reason I think we need to bring in some younger players is that we rarely are capable of competing for the top targets that only the biggest clubs can attract AND afford. Richarlison was actually great business, somehow the player was under the radar but we paid for his value (only Chelsea's late interest was an obstacle but recruitment did a great job to convince him to come here) and got a very good player in. The caliber of player we need to challenge for the title is generally unattainable unless we get lucky like finding a gem like Dele (for a little while anyway), or develop highly-rated prospects into excellent players ourselves.

For this specific upcoming transfer window, I think a lot of players who didn't play at the World Cup could be slightly overlooked and there could be possibilities there. By the way, I'm not talking of the Spence-tier prospect (could be a comfortable PL player eventually, but won't be one of the best in that position within the league). Destiny Udogie is a great example of this: young but is ready now and will get a lot better. Not saying we should recall him from loan if possible... I don't think our LWB situation is a huge disaster like RWB so I think the club will probably decide to keep him out on loan.

TBF, I'm the one that started the Gvardiol thread in the transfer rumor section but now that that ship has sailed IMO, I'm now beating the Scalvini drum. All that to say that I'm not clever, suave, or good looking :)

The reason I think we need to bring in some younger players is that we rarely are capable of competing for the top targets that only the biggest clubs can attract AND afford. Richarlison was actually great business, somehow the player was under the radar but we paid for his value (only Chelsea's late interest was an obstacle but recruitment did a great job to convince him to come here) and got a very good player in. The caliber of player we need to challenge for the title is generally unattainable unless we get lucky like finding a gem like Dele (for a little while anyway), or develop highly-rated prospects into excellent players ourselves.

For this specific upcoming transfer window, I think a lot of players who didn't play at the World Cup could be slightly overlooked and there could be possibilities there. By the way, I'm not talking of the Spence-tier prospect (could be a comfortable PL player eventually, but won't be one of the best in that position within the league). Destiny Udogie is a great example of this: young but is ready now and will get a lot better. Not saying we should recall him from loan if possible... I don't think our LWB situation is a huge disaster like RWB so I think the club will probably decide to keep him out on loan.

Definitely agree. And happy to see us sign players like Gil, Sarr and Udogie since Paratici came in for the reasons you mentioned. May not all work out, none of them may not work out, but it's worth the attempt.

What makes it difficult is that Conte wants short term solutions. Those big potential, but already good enough here and now players are difficult to find and get. Struck gold with Kulusevski in that regard. We'll see how Udogie gets on when he gets here. But we should have some balance between short term and longer term focus, Paratici is finding that balance so far imo.

Definitely agree. And happy to see us sign players like Gil, Sarr and Udogie since Paratici came in for the reasons you mentioned. May not all work out, none of them may not work out, but it's worth the attempt.

What makes it difficult is that Conte wants short term solutions. Those big potential, but already good enough here and now players are difficult to find and get. Struck gold with Kulusevski in that regard. We'll see how Udogie gets on when he gets here. But we should have some balance between short term and longer term focus, Paratici is finding that balance so far imo.

Think conte will only play players if he thinks they are ready to play his system. Eriksen and perisic had to adapt before getting regular gametime.

Think conte will only play players if he thinks they are ready to play his system. Eriksen and perisic had to adapt before getting regular gametime.

That's certainly true. Overall I think it's less likely that a younger player with less experience will be seen as ready to Conte.

I was talking about the keeper….

Conte is a liability if he is not going to be long term for us. OK that sounded negative. If Conte wants to get players to play his system he'd better stay long term... can't imagine another overhaul if another coach comes in and we have one CB too many or have no need for flying wingers.

TNF I'm a bit disappointed honestly that a top coach like Conte can't adapt to say 4-2-3-1 which might suit our current lot better.
And since we're not a big spending club, it seems like we're going back to square-pegs to round holes.

Conte is a liability if he is not going to be long term for us. OK that sounded negative. If Conte wants to get players to play his system he'd better stay long term... can't imagine another overhaul if another coach comes in and we have one CB too many or have no need for flying wingers.

TNF I'm a bit disappointed honestly that a top coach like Conte can't adapt to say 4-2-3-1 which might suit our current lot better.
And since we're not a big spending club, it seems like we're going back to square-pegs to round holes.

Why would he change when he's had so much success with 3 at the back here and abroad?
Also our defenders aren't good enough to play 4 at the back.

There are many in the Croatia team that we could do with. Keeper, CBs, kovacic, modric ... they are hardworking and tough.
ready direct upgrades for davies, dier, loris and royal plus backups in midfield. even their second stringers were unfazed being in the limelight and were fair and tenacious in dealing with the argentinian ballers.

Why would he change when he's had so much success with 3 at the back here and abroad?
Also our defenders aren't good enough to play 4 at the back.

Yes and that is exactly the problem we have.
Despite being in the market we still have an unbalanced squad.
All because Conte is a one system coach and you can't get all the players you need in one season.

Perhaps that's why he didn't last long at previous clubs despite his success.
i am worried that when Conte does leave, we will have to go through a squad overhaul again.

Yes and that is exactly the problem we have.
Despite being in the market we still have an unbalanced squad.
All because Conte is a one system coach and you can't get all the players you need in one season.

Perhaps that's why he didn't last long at previous clubs despite his success.
i am worried that when Conte does leave, we will have to go through a squad overhaul again.
The squad isn't far from being pretty damn well balanced to be honest. We only really lack one more footballing centre back and cover for the RWF role.
Of course there are further improvements that could be made, for example a top class RWB and a creative, attacking midfield player would help the team and give us options but they're not really evidence of an unbalanced squad.

The squad isn't far from being pretty damn well balanced to be honest. We only really lack one more footballing centre back and cover for the RWF role.
Of course there are further improvements that could be made, for example a top class RWB and a creative, attacking midfield player would help the team and give us options but they're not really evidence of an unbalanced squad.

Unless we get the very best in the world for each position, we can always upgrade. We have a 25 man squad with every position covered (moura rwf, tanganga cb).

that's not what conte is saying, needing 2-3 years or 4-6 transnfer windows.
i think he wants
- 2 CBs like romero
- 2 flying wingers for each flanks (perisic will only get worse) plus ready backups (unless spence is ready)
- 1 back up in midfield ...more if he doesn't trust gil to develop in time
- possibly a lukaku shaped striker

Back