• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Definitely not an out of car window Transfer Thread

Woah that's not true. They are very comparable, my argument is that players are more dedicated and proud to fight for their nations over getting lost in England and the pace of the game in here.

That's the problem of buying players on a knee jerk from a good tournament. Players should be scouted well well before the tournament and with confirmation of their caliber thereafter
International football is definitely sub-par compared to any top league. Sure, the players make up for that with heart, passion, and pride; some nations are stacked while others are lacking in certain departments. Maybe it turns out that hard work and professionalism are more important than individual ability, which is why we see so many upsets.

Your main point about buying players though is spot on. I think most of us are talking about players from the tournament because someone specifically asked "who at the tournament looks bright" or something along those lines. Any team scouting a player and buying them based solely off WC performance would just be tinkling money away. One player that springs to mind is Renato Sanches.

So, would you sign the Croatian RB, CH and GK anyone?

The Centre Back certainly. Will cost a lot, but looks worth it. And only 20!

But what you take from Croatia (for England) Is their calm bravery. Individually they aren’t amazing but they play the ball around well and have an impeccable attitude. England need to embrace this kind of spirit.

100%
But I do think the right back may not suit wing back. He okays in a 4 at club and country. Was great tonight
Gvardiol was immense. Pay the money
Keeper was quality and is playing in Croatia still
I'd love to get hold of Gvardiol, but I don't think we've got any chance of that. He'll go to one of the very biggest and richest clubs, on crazy wages.

I'd love to get hold of Gvardiol, but I don't think we've got any chance of that. He'll go to one of the very biggest and richest clubs, on crazy wages.
Those clubs are in the prem now
Madrid are doing the real for Endrick so that’s their money gone
Chelsea want him, but they want everyone and they haven’t exhausted the £800m loan yet
Bayern may go for him

The Centre Back certainly. Will cost a lot, but looks worth it. And only 20!

But what you take from Croatia (for England) Is their calm bravery. Individually they aren’t amazing but they play the ball around well and have an impeccable attitude. England need to embrace this kind of spirit.

That little fella in CM looks ok.

Gvardiol - yes. Looks great.
The RB. Could be very useful. Would need to see more.
The GK - he's 27 and still at Dinamo. That makes me think he's a decent keeper, but nothing special. Probably a lower prem keeper at best. He's been great in this WC - but that's very different to league football at the highest level.

That little fella in CM looks ok.

Gvardiol - yes. Looks great.
The RB. Could be very useful. Would need to see more.
The GK - he's 27 and still at Dinamo. That makes me think he's a decent keeper, but nothing special. Probably a lower prem keeper at best. He's been great in this WC - but that's very different to league football at the highest level.
Harder for keepers to shine though

Hardest position in football to scout for I think.
Look at Martinez - Argentina No.1, but looked like be a career club No.2, then Leno's injury have him chance.

Lavarokic looks decent. But PL top level is an exceptionally high standard
It is and it isn’t… Ramsdale isn’t great and he is top of the league
It’s the one position where a mistake costs the most
But it’s also the hardest to fill as you say
I have never seen this guy play before the WC but he has been brilliant

International tournaments lack in quality compared to top end club football but there are things you can take from it to gauge a player, arguably it's a higher/more intense pressure situation so you can see how players will fare in those sorts of situations as an example

International tournaments lack in quality compared to top end club football but there are things you can take from it to gauge a player, arguably it's a higher/more intense pressure situation so you can see how players will fare in those sorts of situations as an example
It’s cup football at the end of the day

He looks absolutely incredible to me. A real player's player. Could be a top star for a LONG time.

This will sound odd; but I'd put him in that bracket of Rooney or Gareth Barry or James Milner where they start very young, can cope with top level football, and go on to play for 15-20 years at the top level. So in a bizarre way, you could spend SUPER BIG money on Bellingham and know with fairly good accuracy that you will sell him for more than you spent, at some point down the line [unless he spirals out of control for some off-pitch reason like Dele Alli, but you could say that for any player].

100%, his technique and general stats would suggest he's not going to just fade away.

Seen Pep mention him as potential long term KDB replacement so I expect he'll end up there.

Those clubs are in the prem now
Madrid are doing the real for Endrick so that’s their money gone
Chelsea want him, but they want everyone and they haven’t exhausted the £800m loan yet
Bayern may go for him

I'd never heard of Endrick but sounds like some player, the amount of young Brazilians Real sign is ridiculous.

Wow
Next big thing from Brazil
They can only sign him if the agree they won’t but Haaland

Why he's 15? Vinicius junior is only now really making his mark at 20. He can be moulded to play any of the front 3 positions.

Edit, seen he's turned 16. Still.

Back