• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Daniel Levy - Chairman

The reality is that:

1. The majority of our signings do not take place in the last week of the window; and
2. There are 3 parties involved in any transfer (the player and his cronies, the selling club and the buying club). The player wants the highest wage possible and/or to join a "winning team". The selling club wants the highest price possible. The buying club wants the lowest price possible, the player in as quickly as possible and no competition for services. The buying club knows that the longer a transfer drags on, the greater the risk of another club coming in and pushing up the price. The selling club also knows this, and also knows that if they have a player that is likely to be in demand, there will be competition for the services. What the selling club also knows is that if they need to buy a replacement player, or another target the roles will be reversed and they don't want to be in a position where they are left with no player i.e. they have sold but not secured the replacement. The player knows that he wants to be paid the most and that there are some clubs out there that pay ridiculous wages and some others that don't.

On top of all that the club will often have multiple targets with different priorities. You don't want to settle on second or third choice when there is a chance of getting the first choice. This has risks as if the first choice falls through, the other choices might not be still available. Players also have different options and preferences, so likewise will hold out hoping a higher preference will make a deal. So a club might have to offer more to persuade the player to sign earlier, which you'd only consider if the first choice.

I think in the majority of cases, there's not much likelihood of an early bid prompting quick dispatch of a deal (unless there are special circumstances like the player being particularly hot to trot in your direction), so to a point, bidding early is just showing your hand.

Stud

14333629_10154276694710935_5169241036432920726_n.jpg

Apparently L'Equipe have done a feature on Levy today. Anyone have a translation?
A precis....
On Wednesday, French newspaper L’Equipe have a feature on Tottenham’s chairman Daniel Levy. L’Equipe explain how Tottenham have progressed under Levy since he joined the club in 2001. Former Tottenham’s director of sport Damien Comolli has also been speaking to L’Equipe. Comolli believes Levy has a huge desire to bring success to Tottenham. Comolli explained: “He’s obsessed with the desire to move forward with Tottenham. When you see where the club was when he arrived and what he has done, it’s absolutely fantastic.” Comolli says Tottenham have progressed more than any other club in Europe over the last 15 years under Levy. He added: “Tottenham are surely the club in Europe that has progressed most on all fronts in fifteen years, and thanks to him.” L’Equipe relayed some words they say are from a Premier League club owner, who said: “Daniel likes to grind your balls until you start to cry.” The unnamed club boss was apparently speaking after a failed negotiaton with Levy and Tottenham.

Daniel Levy - I salute you! What a job this guy is doing. All the naysayers will just have to eat their words, in my opinion. We're a very well run club with Champions League football, a great squad of players, a great manager and a fantastic new stadium on the cards. What a guy. It's time to give Levy the credit he's been due. Well, done, Daniel. Long may it last!

Daniel Levy - I salute you! What a job this guy is doing. All the naysayers will just have to eat their words, in my opinion. We're a very well run club with Champions League football, a great squad of players, a great manager and a fantastic new stadium on the cards. What a guy. It's time to give Levy the credit he's been due. Well, done, Daniel. Long may it last!

And so say all of us!

well except Dubai:p

Back