• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Daniel Levy - Chairman

i will rape him for what he did to Jol, I HAVE NOT FORGOTTEN

The way it was handled was terrible, but it had to be done, Jol had taken us as far as he could and that was a big step. Levy has made mistakes but he has take this club to a different level. Whether we can reach the level we all want us to reach or not his Stewardship of the club has been superb.

I think he loves what he does and i can not see him wanting to leave no matter what money he could make.

I'm sure that he loves what he does but ENIC are a sports investment company and I think that they are likely to sell at the point they think that they can maximise the return on their investment. If the TV revenue bubble keeps growing, that may be way down the line, on the other hand, it may be once the stadium is complete.

I can't fault them on the job they've done though.

I'm sure that he loves what he does but ENIC are a sports investment company and I think that they are likely to sell at the point they think that they can maximise the return on their investment. If the TV revenue bubble keeps growing, that may be way down the line, on the other hand, it may be once the stadium is complete.

He did sell his family business (A Levy & Son; which trades as Blue Inc, Officers Club and formerly Mr Byrite) to help fund the original purchase, so it must be a matter of the heart for him his well.

I think they may sell some equity to realise some personal wealth at some point but I do believe Levy will be here for a long while yet.

The TV bubble has peaked imo. They are facing a subscriber crisis that will mean the maths doesn't add up.

Levy is the best chairman in world football, bias aside what he has done at Spurs as an organic football team outweighs anything anyone else is doing.

Let's not get carried away. The tragectory of the club has clearly been on the up under his stewardship but his choices of managers have been hit and miss at best.

He did sell his family business (A Levy & Son; which trades as Blue Inc, Officers Club and formerly Mr Byrite) to help fund the original purchase, so it must be a matter of the heart for him his well.

I think that the two are unrelated. ENIC bought Spurs in 2001, Levy sold the family company in 2006.

Let's not get carried away. The tragectory of the club has clearly been on the up under his stewardship but his choices of managers have been hit and miss at best.

More to running a club than appointing a manager, although it is a huge part, I would argue that Levy in that area which is his biggest weakness has improved and learnt on his feet.

In modern day football where we have been dwarfed in facilities (Stadium Capacity) and finances Levy has managed to steer the club to finish in the top 6 in the last 7 seasons, had two champions league campaigns, whilst developing the best training ground in Europe, started to hatch his plan of the new stadium and got a deal with the NFL whilst the rest of football slept which will make the club one of the most commercially savvy clubs in Europe. To say we have punched above our weight is an understatement in modern football and he has managed to also save us form being blasted out the water by big guns when it comes to transfers, yes we have sold but we have pulled their pants down, not our own (Keane, Berba and Bale to name 3)

I will forgive him a Ramos for what he has achieved, name me a better chairman and I will show you a Billionaire or an elected Chairman of a superclub who in theory we could all run

I would certainly say that he is one of the best chairmen in world football even with that. I don't think that there is a chairman anywhere that has not made a mistake in the hiring or firing of managers, or indeed transfers. Landing with Poch may have been just fortunate, as we were in for LVG before that but a number of supporters were preferring De Boer to Poch. Comparing Spurs now to when he ENIC took over is the only real barometer and with that Levy has done extremely well despite any mistakes that he has made. We're a completely different outfit, and we are punching above our financial weight in terms of performances. Long may it continue!!

More to running a club than appointing a manager, although it is a huge part, I would argue that Levy in that area which is his biggest weakness has improved and learnt on his feet.

In modern day football where we have been dwarfed in facilities (Stadium Capacity) and finances Levy has managed to steer the club to finish in the top 6 in the last 7 seasons, had two champions league campaigns, whilst developing the best training ground in Europe, started to hatch his plan of the new stadium and got a deal with the NFL whilst the rest of football slept which will make the club one of the most commercially savvy clubs in Europe.

I will forgive him a Ramos for what he has achieved, name me a better chairman and I will show you a Billionaire or an elected Chairman of a superclub who in theory we could all run

Good points well made. For the amount of money Man United and Emirates Marketing Project have had, I would argue that they should all be in better positions than they are in now. We have consistently performed above our financial might which is no mean feat, especially when you look at the disparity of financial might.

Good points well made. For the amount of money Man United and Emirates Marketing Project have had, I would argue that they should all be in better positions than they are in now. We have consistently performed above our financial might which is no mean feat, especially when you look at the disparity of financial might.

And all done in an aging stadium that holds what? £36,000?

If you know football and you respect what the others have to what you have people will realise what a job Levy has done

I would certainly say that he is one of the best chairmen in world football even with that. I don't think that there is a chairman anywhere that has not made a mistake in the hiring or firing of managers, or indeed transfers. Landing with Poch may have been just fortunate, as we were in for LVG before that but a number of supporters were preferring De Boer to Poch. Comparing Spurs now to when he ENIC took over is the only real barometer and with that Levy has done extremely well despite any mistakes that he has made. We're a completely different outfit, and we are punching above our financial weight in terms of performances. Long may it continue!!

I agree that he has been good for the club. My question about his choice of managers would be that he does not appear to have a consistent set of criteria or a strategy and then appoint the best candidate to meet these. His appointments either appear to be fire fighting or a reaction against the last job holder.

As a Chairman I think Daniel Levy has done an amazing job. If you think about it most clubs in the top six have all won titles and Cl finals in their recent history. We haven't win anything of note for a long time and our revenues are a long way behind but yet we are contenders. That's quite remarkable. The next step is the stadium and actually winning things. We are building something from the foundations up. This is special.

I agree that he has been good for the club. My question about his choice of managers would be that he does not appear to have a consistent set of criteria or a strategy and then appoint the best candidate to meet these. His appointments either appear to be fire fighting or a reaction against the last job holder.

You could justify all the managers since Jol, the sacking might be the only thing you couldnt but if by luck or design its worked in the long run whilst not having that big of an impact on the team places. You could argue that Levys manager antics is like his transfers, trying to squeeze every inch he can based on the size of the club, wrongly or rightly

You could justify all the managers since Jol, the sacking might be the only thing you couldnt but if by luck or design its worked in the long run whilst not having that big of an impact on the team places. You could argue that Levys manager antics is like his transfers, trying to squeeze every inch he can based on the size of the club, wrongly or rightly

I agree that each appointment makes sense in isolation, what they do not point towards is a clear and consistent plan for how the playing side of the club should operate.

Don't get me wrong, I think that Levy has been great for Spurs and the club is in an immeasurably better position than when ENIC took over. I just think that an honest assessment of his tenure also has to include his hit and miss record with managers.

Back