• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Cristian Romero

Hmm maybe, although he has been great in half the games I have watched and picked up cards including when he purposely kicked Haaland round the pitch.

Im just speaking in general on his cards because on the OMT and in general people lose their sh1t with him and make claims that he is always getting booked when he generally doesn't

Very good point to bring up for sure.

This season and last total of 13 yellows in the league over 30 starts. So definitely not always (though recently it has at times seemed like it). But still a decent chunk and higher than most centre backs. If he ever gets to 30+ games a season he would probably get a suspension or two for yellows at this rate and he probably would end up the most frequently booked centre back in the league.

Even if he doesn't get booked, he puts in at least one over the top tackle most games. A few millimetres or a fraction of a second off and it's a red.

Hmm maybe, although he has been great in half the games I have watched and picked up cards including when he purposely kicked Haaland round the pitch.

Im just speaking in general on his cards because on the OMT and in general people lose their sh1t with him and make claims that he is always getting booked when he generally doesn't

Seemed to really curtail Haaland.

Even if he doesn't get booked, he puts in at least one over the top tackle most games. A few millimetres or a fraction of a second off and it's a red.

If he did that either he's the most expert of experts at judging those millimetres and fractions of a second or just impossibly lucky. How else do you explain that he hasn't gotten direct red cards?

I think he's really good at making strong, aggressive and even over the top challenges without them being red card challenges if he gets his timing wrong. The one against Milan on Tonali I thought could have been a red, but other than that one I can't remember many examples where I've looked at a replay and been worried about him getting a red. Certainly doesn't happen every game.

Making challenges that if he gets the timing wrong it's a yellow, that's a big part of his style though.

If he did that either he's the most expert of experts at judging those millimetres and fractions of a second or just impossibly lucky. How else do you explain that he hasn't gotten direct red cards?

I think he's really good at making strong, aggressive and even over the top challenges without them being red card challenges if he gets his timing wrong. The one against Milan on Tonali I thought could have been a red, but other than that one I can't remember many examples where I've looked at a replay and been worried about him getting a red. Certainly doesn't happen every game.

Making challenges that if he gets the timing wrong it's a yellow, that's a big part of his style though.

Wasn't long ago that we had another Argentine who would get yellows so frequently that it was clearly part of his gameplay to wind-up opponents. But he walked the fine line (and it was a mighty fine line) of not pushing it into the territory of getting red carded. Except on one single occasion for us.

Last edited:

He scares the brick out of referees?

I have been critical to Romero for some of his stupid, reckless tackles but every one was timed perfectly on Sunday.

This guy is going to be a great player for us, still young (24) and adapting to a different way of playing then Italy ( where he could crunch players and get away with it) and has had a in and out start in the English game. ( injurys. and call ups to his nations team).

Screenshot-2023-02-26-at-18.23.06.jpg

I think it's fair to say he's popular with the players :)

He's still young for a centreback, when I was young I believed I could win every challenge but with experience you learn to make better decisions.

If anyone wants him, they can have him.

He's a liability and I honestly don't see what he brings to make up for that.

Back