• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Cristian Romero

If anyone wants him, they can have him.

He's a liability and I honestly don't see what he brings to make up for that.

Ask Argentina.

With a better club he'd be better. And not played in a back three with Lenglet and Davis (I am a massive Davies fan so don't want to disrespect him but come on.)

Hoddle said "time after time he's been sent off for Spurs" and that's a fudging outright lie / misconception. He didn't throw this game away, it put us out of our misery early for sure but we'd already lost.

A lot of people moan about players shirking challenges, Romero doesn't do that. Nobody else seemed to care enough to go in hard and we all knew it'd be a constant tightrope but clams like Clement Turpin make defending well impossible.

Other than the two stupid tackles i thought he was very good, also thought second card was a touch harsh, although he shouldn't be making that tackle.
Very good defender that plays on the edge which seems to be exposed with us, but he walks into rival sides and he is a talent we need to harness

Sent from my SM-A127F using Fapatalk

Very good defender that plays on the edge which seems to be exposed with us, but he walks into rival sides and he is a talent we need to harness

Sorry but I just can’t get on board with people who claim Romero is a really good player and justifies his brain farts because he ‘plays on the edge’. Top defenders always have intelligence. He is decent on the ball, but until he develops a brain he will always be a liability. Putting in the occasional thunderous challenge doesn’t change that….

Sorry but I just can’t get on board with people who claim Romero is a really good player and justifies his brain farts because he ‘plays on the edge’. Top defenders always have intelligence. He is decent on the ball, but until he develops a brain he will always be a liability. Putting in the occasional thunderous challenge doesn’t change that….
I'm not saying it justifies it, but he is a really good player who has an edge, you either accept it and have a manager who helps coach it out or you get rid.

Others on here want to get rid, I would prefer to harness his obvious talent, but each to their own I suppose

Agree 100%.
I don't see enough in his game to offset the reckless side.

Last edited:
I'm not sure I see enough on the positive side to counter his reckless side.
I wouldn't be disappointed if I heard

Agree 100%.
What he did today was annoying (unless you'er certain player on here who thinks that second yellow was a fab piece of football), but we have to keep i mind the plus sides of Romero's game and hope he can learn. Walker and Rose were full of brain farts that lead to goals and losses and dropped points. Romero tends to make mistakes like he made today. Hopefully he can learn and reach his potential. Maybe an Argentine as his manager would help...

He is technically very good.

But we might well have got back into the game with 11 on the pitch. No guarantee, but we were ratching up the pressure. And then we had one less player.

Romero is only 24. Massive asset. Need two more of him.

Agree 100%.
Was probably one of the top 3 defenders in the league last year, didn't have a single yellow card before the world cup

Bentancur has had more suspensions than him till now and been here a shorter time, I get he isn't as in your face as Romero and doesn't goad the opposition as much, but he is hardly a saint either.

Suppose the games about perception though

If we move to a back 4 with this guy as a CB the LCB has to be amazing in the air
He jumps as bad as son

..and that is an argument for why we should let Conte and Paratici see out their work. We don't want to rip up the template. We should want to fill in the missing pieces and realise the vision.

Was probably one of the top 3 defenders in the league last year, didn't have a single yellow card before the world cup

Bentancur has had more suspensions than him till now and been here a shorter time, I get he isn't as in your face as Romero and doesn't goad the opposition as much, but he is hardly a saint either.

Suppose the games about perception though

Yeah, I get that.
But his reckless side will be putting his team mates on edge.
Much like Hugo's balls-ups give our defence the jitters.

I guess he didn't get exposed as much with Argentina then. Went through a long tournament without looking like getting a red. Maybe he's getting pulled out of position doing other players jobs and getting over extended.
Just a theory.

I guess he didn't get exposed as much with Argentina then. Went through a long tournament without looking like getting a red. Maybe he's getting pulled out of position doing other players jobs and getting over extended.
Just a theory.
Liken it to Kane, he has to take every sniff or half chance or we don't get a goal, carrying the entire front line at the moment. Can't be easy

The second he made the tackle, I knew he was off. He's an immensely talented player but a fudging idiot. If an under 11 player did what he does, time and again, you'd give them a kick in the hole.

I'm so very confused by this post, are you stating you'd kick a child in the anus? This forum is a strange part of the internet but this is pushing it (as are those who liked the post).

Not debating the rest of the post, it was a red card and he can be an idiot etc

Back