• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Cristian Romero

I'm so very confused by this post, are you stating you'd kick a child in the anus? This forum is a strange part of the internet but this is pushing it (as are those who liked the post).

Not debating the rest of the post, it was a red card and he can be an idiot etc

That’s absolutely what I’m saying.

Now, like a lot of internet stuff, it’s not to be taken literally. It’s one of those things you say to emphasise how stupid the mistake is.

Sorry but I just can’t get on board with people who claim Romero is a really good player and justifies his brain farts because he ‘plays on the edge’. Top defenders always have intelligence. He is decent on the ball, but until he develops a brain he will always be a liability. Putting in the occasional thunderous challenge doesn’t change that….

Keane.
Rooney.
Gattusso.
Ibrahimavic.
David's.
Vidal.
Macherano.
Cantona.
Ramos.
Pepe.
Vieira.

You get my point.

Liken it to Kane, he has to take every sniff or half chance or we don't get a goal, carrying the entire front line at the moment. Can't be easy

Sent from my SM-A127F using Fapatalk
Yep , we are just carrying too many poor or out of form players and the better players can't do it on their own.

That’s absolutely what I’m saying.

Now, like a lot of internet stuff, it’s not to be taken literally. It’s one of those things you say to emphasise how stupid the mistake is.

You've said it's absolutely what you're saying whilst also saying it's not what you're saying. So you realise how stupid that is?

Horrendous defense of an atrocious post. "It was said on the internet so that means it's absolutely fine" - Do you see how the quoted sentence might represent your views?!?

Totally brainless defending and tackle! As soon as the ball went wide, Romero was hell bent on making that needless tackle. He could have just bent his run and intercepted him at the edge of the box.
But the way Romero reacted, it was only one likely outcome.

You've said it's absolutely what you're saying whilst also saying it's not what you're saying. So you realise how stupid that is?

Horrendous defense of an atrocious post. "It was said on the internet so that means it's absolutely fine" - Do you see how the quoted sentence might represent your views?!?

Jesus, are we really having this conversation?

We really do not need to see how our team played last night, you only have to look at the knee jerkers and see how quick they are to right some of our players ( in this case Romero) after a defeat. Romero is 24? and still trying to adapt to playing in a different country and a different way. Some fans need to get a grip.:rolleyes:

We really do not need to see how our team played last night, you only have to look at the knee jerkers and see how quick they are to right some of our players ( in this case Romero) after a defeat. Romero is 24? and still trying to adapt to playing in a different country and a different way. Some fans need to get a grip.:rolleyes:

Come on mate, you've played and coached the game at a high level. Romero's been here 18 months. What he did last night was ridiculous. And it's not the first time. I don't even blame him for the second yellow v City (that was down to Davies and PEH) but he got himself needlessly booked in that game and last night early on. It's the same thing time and again.

No one is denying that he's a talented lad and I love watching him. But he can't keep doing what he's doing. He had a great game v West Ham a few weeks ago but I said at the time, he's always a fraction of a second away from a booking even when he's making those tackles. Law of averages, you keep doing it, you will see yellows and reds. He has to start learning.

Come on mate, you've played and coached the game at a high level. Romero's been here 18 months. What he did last night was ridiculous. And it's not the first time. I don't even blame him for the second yellow v City (that was down to Davies and PEH) but he got himself needlessly booked in that game and last night early on. It's the same thing time and again.

No one is denying that he's a talented lad and I love watching him. But he can't keep doing what he's doing. He had a great game v West Ham a few weeks ago but I said at the time, he's always a fraction of a second away from a booking even when he's making those tackles. Law of averages, you keep doing it, you will see yellows and reds. He has to start learning.

You have a point but i am not defending what he did at all, but he has played ( because of injurys/world cup) less then 40 lge games and most of them brocken up by various reasons. I just think that some fans are very quick to jump on players and dive in without really looking at the differences between how he has been used to playing in a different Lge/country and the way he has to adapt to that.

There are plenty of reasons and players we/who seem to be so brick at the moment but imo jumping on one of " better players" imo is silly to say the least.

I'm usually one of Romero's biggest fans but he's definitely not been as sharp this season. I've criticized him as well as other players early on this season as I want to be as objective as possible and there were early signs of dodginess throughout the team. I don't see any evolution here, although I think the World Cup in the middle of the season overcomplicated and disrupted many managers' plans. Still, it was something that could be planned around but I don't think Conte did an adequate job there.

With all that said, as much as I like the aggression Romero has, he needs to temper it a bit and I hope he understands how badly he lets the team down when he gets booked. It's one thing to do it heroically to stop a goal or something, but he's not picking the right moments.

I've also stated that winning the World Cup could have had a detrimental (even if slight) impact on his mentality, and while I don't want to harp on this point too much, I think a case could be made that this is not an incorrect assessment.

Really? He's an excellent defender who plays on the edge, takes the fight to the other team, and will get a red card once in a while. We need more of him, not less.

0-0 needing a goal, just gone to 4-2-4 to push for the goal and he does that? he let his team mates down and showed he has a long way to go before he's a top class player imo.

But yes, agreed, he's good, best we have, and I was fudged off when I made the initial post, but it was still a fudging stupid tackle to get sent off.

Romero needs to calm down. Though he is an excellent defender he has been a liability too. Red cards for silly fouls cost games.

Too much of a wild card for me and he isn't young anymore and attracts injuries to himself too. Would be open to to selling him for the extra cash if we can get another CB of equivalent quality but without the World Cup honours.

Romero needs to calm down. Though he is an excellent defender he has been a liability too. Red cards for silly fouls cost games.

Too much of a wild card for me and he isn't young anymore and attracts injuries to himself too. Would be open to to selling him for the extra cash if we can get another CB of equivalent quality but without the World Cup honours.

If you haven't seen this interview, well worth a watch. In it Keane talks about how he used to be a nut, getting red cards. But a coach sat him down and said to him, if you're not on the pitch you are useless to us.

Back